“Not Worth Seeing”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not Worth Seeing”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This place is set up directly across the street from the Falls State Park.

We saw it & stopped in. It was not previously planned but we did want to see a wax figure museum. This place was very disappointing & a waste of money. Even though it was only $20 for 3 of us, it was not worth $10.

VISUAL:
Dark, Erie, maze like corners, similar to haunted house set up. Then you turn the corner & there's an old man sitting there with black eyes. You would have to approach the figure & read to know who these old men were. They were not celebrities, & I was worked up about the whole thing. I thought it was Erie, we did a straight walk through right out the museum & back to the desk. They would not give us a refund but they gave us $ credit at the gift shop. The girl saw us walk in, then out, because the museum was creepy. She went & told the manager & he never approached us just sent her out with a message. Not the type of place I would have went to if I had known.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Alyssia817

Michigan
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Kinda kitchy, but you are in a tourist area”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Nice and clean museum. It was nice seeing the wax figures portrayed in action scenes, instead of just standing in dead space as with other museums. They had several interesting items including several modes of transportation for going over the falls. This place really has not changed in over 30 years - something I enjoyed. It brought back a lot of warm, fuzzy, nostalgic feelings. Nice break from the overcrowded stuff.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank MichiganBean
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Outdated and Overpriced”
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

This place was such a disaponting waste of time! My husband and I didn't plan to go to a museum while visiting the falls, but when I saw a sign for one I was excited. I've been to a few wax museums and they were fun and exciting.

This place was a joke! $7 admission, it should be less than $3, and that's even a stretch! It smelled like an old, vacant house from the 1800's, and the exhibits were a HUGE letdown! Poorly lit, and beyond non-interesting. The figures were not even recognizable, they looked like mannequins with plastic disfigured faces that a small child sculpted!

There is absolutely nothing positive to say about this place, which is sad because I always find at least one positive in any crappy situation, but it was seriously horrible!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank MandBAdventures
Miami, Florida
139 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Very interesting museum”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This wax museum is tucked away in a gift shop. It adequately depicts many events regarding the falls and it's history. Definitely worth the admission price.

Visited June 2013
Lynn, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good but needs updates”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is a good museum unlike others around there. The main idea is pretty good but I feel like the site is outdated. It needs renovation. Information is fairly good. me and my wife enjoyed it. But I wouldn't look forward to go back unless new updates happen.

Visited April 2013