“Check it off the bucket list!”

Niagara Falls State Park
Book on TripAdvisor
More Info
US$52.78*
and up
Private Tour: Niagara Falls Sightseeing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A huge expanse of natural beauty, this oldest state park in the U.S. offers biking, fishing and cross-country skiing, and contains plenty of hiking and walking trails, including the Niagara Gorge Trail System, which affords great views of both the falls and the gorge.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Check it off the bucket list!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Went on a road trip with my daughter for a weekend trip to Niagara Falls. We spent the day on a Saturday at Niagara State Park in NY, then crossed the border (took an hour!) to Canada and spent the night and part of Sunday in Ontario. The state park in NY is absolutely beautiful. The grounds are so well kept and the flowers were all in bloom, just lovely. I HIGHLY recommend doing the Maid of the Mist boat tour. Buy your "ticket vouchers" online before you go, then you need to ASK someone at the ticket line and they will let you go to the front of the line. Big advantage! Mid-day the line was probably 75-100 people long just to buy the tickets. We got there around noon on a gorgeous Saturday and there were only 5 people in line! The Maid of the Mist tour is about 20 minutes long. Be prepared to get wet! I was worried about my phone getting wet so I locked everything in my car except my digital camera, but people were on the boat taking pictures and videos with their ipads and cellphones and no one seemed concerned about them getting wet! Our boat went right up alongside the falls, it was absolutely breathtaking! After the ride, you can walk up a stairway that goes right along the edge of the falls, and there are areas for taking pictures with the falls in the background. That was well worth the hike. Don't miss out on going out onto the observation deck before you leave the elevator area - there are beautiful views there as well.

4 Thank Kara B

40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Goat Island must see”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The area surrounding Horseshoe Falls and American Falls is well kept. It is clean, paved with easy access, and a joy to see. Pictures do not do this area justice. It is a must see landmark and I would recommend it for all to see and do.

Must go out to Goat Island and 3 Sister Islands

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jim M
Mogadore, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful park even when under construction”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful views of the falls. Best place to see the falls illuminated is the observation tower.
Maid of the Mist and Cave of the Winds are must sees. Views of the falls are beautiful and we enjoyed our trip.

Lahore, Pakistan
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“NF State Park - overall enjoyable”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

we visited with 3 small kids from Canada and overall we had great fun despite the fact that it was a sunday and it was very very crowded. I would recomend to no visit on a sunday. Parking becomes very expensive and the lines at the Rainbow bridge from Canada are very long. expect around 2 hours of wait. The Maid of the mist for us was the highlight of the trip.. it is an out of the world experience. What I liked very much on the US side was the trolley ride, which we do not have on the Canadian side. it was great fun to visit the whole park on the trolley. We did not have food inside the park itself as it was too crowded everywhere.. we insetead ate inside a plaza's food court. there are many options right outside the park. Even for Canadians I would recoment to visit this park. The experience is very different from what you get on the Canadian side. we had great time.

1 Thank HaroonTourist
Columbus, Ohio
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Great!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Although the New York side of the Falls is not nearly as exciting as the Canadian side, I did quite enjoy my visit to this state park! It has an up-close view of the American falls (there's one place where the only thing keeping you and the waterfall separated is a railing!),lots of shops (junky and upscale) and many delicious restaurants!

One of my favorite attractions here (aside from admiring the falls) was the Rainbow Bridge; a bridge that stretches over Lake Ontario and allows you to walk from New York, USA to Ontario, Canada! There is a sign on the bridge that tells you when you are on the border of the two countries- it was an awesome experience!

Overall, I really enjoyed my trip to the Niagara Falls State Park, and I would gladly go back at any time!

Visited June 2014