“A little hidden treat.”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Memphis, TN
“A little hidden treat.”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We decided to go to Fortuna's because we wanted to try some authenic italian food. Loved it. They had the best chicken and gnocchi soup I've ever tasted. The parmesan haddock fish dish was awesome and my husband had the baked haddock and loved his as well. So glad we tried this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013

Niagara Falls, New York
“Always a Treat”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Since returning to the Niagara Falls area Fortuna's has been a dinner destination at least once every couple of months. The food is excellent and the servers are always pleasant and helpful. The Greens and Beans are fantastic and I enjoy their sauce much more than many of the other restaurants in the area. If you are a fish person, definitely try the Haddock Parmigiana or the Breaded Scallops. If you are looking for a quiet night out with a good meal and a reasonable bill I think you will find Fortuna's a pleasant treat.

• Visited July 2013
Rochester, New York
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We have family members who dine at Fortuna regularly - and they were excited to take us there for dinner.

We were seated at a dimly lit area of the restaurant so asked to be moved by the windows so we could at least see what we were eating - no problem there.

We ordered calamari as an appetizer. While I can't comment myself it was said to be very "off" that night. We also ordered garlic-chesse bread - which seriously ended up being 2 slices of Italian bread - cut in half and covered with cheese - and it was $5!! Really? It was a half slice per person.

My husband had tripe - which he deemed very mushy. He ate it but wasn't crazy about it.

I was about to order a chicken dish until I realized it wasn't boneless. Pass - I ordered the haddock and let's just say that the haddock I make at home is about one hundred times better.
This dish had hardly any seasoning and seemed almost undercooked.

I always look for the bright side - and must say the house salads were delicious. But pay attention to the fact that if you want blue cheese with crumbly blue they will tack on $4.25 per salad. Nowhere that I recall was this on the menu. To their credit they did remove ONE of those charges.

The waitress had a huge attitude problem - maybe she was just having a bad day? I can overlook that a bit but when the food isn't even that good it doesn't add up to a great evening.

I was pretty surprised that for an Italian restaurant there was no Caesar Salad on the menu - and not a single shrimp dish. Lots of pasta if that's your thing.

The best part was we were able to use a $10 restaurant.com coupon - which defrayed a little bit of the cost of a very disappointing meal.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank mollyanne
Buffalo, New York, United States
“Kitchen away from home”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I live in the city of buffalo,so Fortunas is about a 30 min. ride from where I live. It is worth every second of the drive. The food and atmosphere make you feel like you are having dinner at a freinds house. Warm and inviting, and the food is fantastic. every thing from homemade pastas to homemade pies the size of my face, not to mention the BEST greens & beans I have ever had! Its a must eat if you are in the falls, or near the falls make the trip!

• Visited June 2013
WNY
“Always Love Fortunas”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I've been going here since I was a little kid. As kids we got to pick where we wanted to eat for our birthday, and I always chose here. I still enjoy visiting here. I like it much better than the Como. I tell people, you know a place is good if it is on a side street in a residential neighborhood and it gets business. They have the best eggplant parmesan. I often request it with a side of gnocchi instead of spaghetti since I love their gnocchi too. They make great beans and greens and wonderful fettuccini alfredo.

• Visited February 2013