“Wonderful Indian food.”

Ranked #9 of 299 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zaika Indian Cuisine takes pride in serving the best Indian cuisine is proud to serve fresh food without any shortcuts
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a lovely clean nothing fancy Indian restaurant. We were there at the change of buffets from the lunch over to the dinner, so we got to try many dishes. Everything I tried was really good, the sign at the buffet invited us to eat as much as we liked but to try a small amount before we heaped on the food. That was great advice and I tried many small diverse mouthfuls of food. The price was very good and the service was excellent. I'd like to tell you the name of dishes I tried but they were difficult to pronounce.

2  Thank Donner101

Reviewed 11 July 2014

While we were returning from Niagara Falls Canadian side to the US side we were starving and it was late evening. Based on the various reviews headed over to this place and to our surprise they were open around 3:30-ish in the afternoon.

Opted in for the Buffet. Even though they asked our choice of whether Buffet or Ala-carte, they actually did not offer Ala-carte at that time, because the chef has already started preparing the kitchen for Dinner.

We are Indian vegetarian folks. Initially wife was very disappointed that they did not have any Vegetarian Biriyani (because they did carry meaty Biriyani which may have been suitable for the meat eaters). So she was on the verge of getting out of that place. But when I checked out the items they had 5 different vegetarian curries with Jeera pulao.

1. Paneer curry
2. Aloo Gobi
3. Some mixed vegetable curry
4. Spinach Dal
5. Pakora Curry / Kadhi

They did bring freshly made Naan directly from Kitchen to the table. All the curries tasted so good. There are meat options as well for curries. Since we are vegetarians, cannot really provide any feedback on that.

Our 5 year old loves Paneer and he really loved that Paneer curry. After tasting all the curries, wife finally enjoyed them all.

Highlight was their Rice Pudding and Fruits with Jelly - 5 year old really loved it. All in all good food. They did not charge for our 5 year old. Only charged for 2 adults. So tipped them well.

Looks like Niagara Falls has a great selection of Indian Restaurants. Never got a chance to dine elsewhere (other than Moksha at the Canadian side) and hence cannot really benchmark against any other restaurant. But for sure one will not be disappointed choosing this place.

We did have some North Indian chaat from a food truck at the intersection of Mayor Michael O' Laughlin Dr and Rainbow Blvd. It was nice.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

You may enjoy quality of food & service at this place. Ambience is good. Both, veg & non veg options are available.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Had Dinner for 2 days in a row, None of the items resemble the taste of each other, they were tasty. The staff is as good as they have food some of them will be in my memories for ever.
Need to visit this place at least once.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

As an Indian in the US, I brought my family to the Niagara and found this place for lunch. The manager signed me into the checklist very quickly and gave me a 10 minute wait time. For lunch time (buffet) that is reasonably short wait. We were seated in exactly 10 mins, and the manager also offered us an extra chair to keep our baby's car seat.

The buffet had a good balance of vegetarian and meat dishes, my favourite being the chicken curry and biryani. The tandoori roti was also fluffy and not elastic. The servers bussed our table adequately and were always attentive to our needs.

The thing that blew me away was the restaurant policy posted openly that they would charge buffet customers who had left overs in their plate. This is unique and needs to be encouraged. What a neat idea!

An area for improvement would be the buffet area. It is located centrally in the restaurant. As a result, customers enter the line on both sides of the buffet and eventually meet awkwardly in the middle. Post a sign that says "Start here", or block the entry to the other side to make the pipeline smooth.

For a place this busy, their restrooms were inadequate. Men and women get a single room each, and cannot be used by more than one person. The rest have to wait in a small cramped waiting space. I was also hit by the swinging door when an impatient customer tried to barge in without peeping and seeing the room was full of waiting people (I am assuming half of them only wanted to wash their hands). So an immediate fix would be to install a sink area, where people can quickly wash up.

All said and done, I will visit Zaika again the next time I bring some one else in the family to Niagara.

1  Thank BayTraveler13