“Restaurant as role model ???”

Zaika Indian Cuisine
Ranked #10 of 289 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Zaika Indian Cuisine takes pride in serving the best Indian cuisine is proud to serve fresh food without any shortcuts
“Restaurant as role model ???”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Arriving hungry the evening before an alumni meeting, I went with my wife for dinner. We were fortunate to choose “Zaika Indian Cuisine & Bar” at Niagara Falls, NY. This was an Indian Restaurant, and I happen to be Indian. To list the main pros & cons: The clientele was 95% South Asian in appearance. On arriving and on leaving, we noticed people waiting to get in. The clientele included a fair number of women in Hijabs, but the well stocked bar included several single-malt scotches!! I hope I have communicated the universal nature of this place’s appeal. The staff from the manager on down was friendly, even while running around continuously. (Not surprisingly given the pressure, the service was OK, but less than perfect). They had an evening buffet, which we opted to try. ( I have noticed that choosing from a menu when an Indian restaurant has a buffet is an invitation to very long waiting times). The buffet had a reasonable assortment of vegetarian and non-vegetarian items (Two types of paneer, chickpeas, a potato-vegetable medley, some salad stuff, tandoori chicken, a chicken curry . I may have missed some) for the princely sum of around $14.00. Fresh Naans are brought to the table. Some gravy dishes were swimming in oil, unfortunately a common trait in Indian restaurants. However, everything was tasty, and some packed a considerable punch, which I enjoyed, but could bother some people. Again, I have noticed that Indian restaurants in the U.S. start well, but have a tendency to “dumb down” their spices and cater to their clients in order to stay in business. Not so these stalwarts! For me, the highlight was none of the things I have described, but several signs posted around the buffet emphasizing the restaurant’s policy. In different words, three separate notices asked that their clients taste-test their food before heaping their plates and to return repeatedly rather than waste food.
Many people bemoan the deplorable amounts of food wasted in the US of A, but this is the first time I have found a proprietor risking his establishment for the principle of stopping waste. One notice announced that a 20% surcharge would be imposed for excessive waste. Three cheers for this brave soul, may his cooking live long and prosper

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Ian T

• Korean first
“yummy! vegetarian friendly! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

this is my first time trying Indian food, and I love it! price was reasonable, waitress was really friendly. they open until 22:00! good for late dinner.

Silver Spring, MD
“Great food, great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

There are numerous Indian food restaurants in Niagara Falls, but based on the positive reviews I decided to eat at this one. It lived up to all my expectations. The (buffet) food was delicious and the staff was friendly and helpful. I went in for take-out and the manager was helpful and suggested that I get the buffet take-out, it's the same price as dine-in for as much as you can fit into the take-out box. This was a great suggestion as I was able to sample a variety of foods, including the mango fruit cream for dessert - delish. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to dine at an Indian restaurant in Niagara Falls and I will definitely go back when I'm in the area.
P.S. They offer lunch and dinner buffets.

• Visited August 2014
“Still good after 2 Yrs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Visiting this place after 2 yrs. It has got better with time. Had a rare dish in the excellent buffet- egg curry which is a forgotten delicacy. Everything was tasty even though a bit on the oily side. Make sure you hit the gym later !

McDonald, Pennsylvania
“Very good buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Like almost everyone, we were also looking for a good restaurant while visiting Niagara Falls and found this one, and we are thankful. The food was very good. Almost every dish in the buffet was good. We really enjoyed the food and it set the tone for the rest of the day.

• Visited July 2014