“Not great ambience but friendly staff and service, decent food”
Review of A Taste of India

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not great ambience but friendly staff and service, decent food”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We recently visited this restaurant on our Niagara falls trip. It was a very basic place with lots of tables and no air conditioning. However, the lady and the family serving were very helpful in terms of letting us know which items (idli and vada's) were suitable for my child to eat (allergy friendly therefore).

The food was not spicy, unlike other restaurants, so the kids could eat it. It was a home cooked food taste and we appreciated that.

• Visited July 2013

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
“Disgrace to the Niagara Falls”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

First of all,"The worst restaurant we have ever been in US" . Very cheap foods, no chicken or any poultry delicasses being served, ''their excuse: today is a veggie day". Only 1 person working, & she's is the server as well the owner as well as the bouncer/cleaner". The food taste bad as if its left over from last week. they brought Chicken later after the request but it tasted like crap, seriously speaking. And in the end that lady had the audacity to ask for a tip, right into our face? what kind of a restaurant owner asks for a tip directly at your face when you pay the bill & surprisingly she asked that to all 4 of us individually????????

If you don't want any bad memory in your Niagara Falls trip , don't go into this restaurant even by mistake, seriously...You will not just loose money but walk out from there half belly !!!!!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Ujwal T
Niagara Falls, New York
“Horror in Niagara Falls - STAY AWAY!”
Reviewed 26 December 2008

This is the absolute WORST Indian restaraunt I've been to in my life! The prices are ridiculous, the atmosphere is a horror, the service is non-existant and the food is shameful! They even had the nerve to serve room-temperature tap water with the meal that was served on paper plates. This place ought to be closed down!

3 Thank graves1
New York
“Disgrace of India”
Reviewed 4 November 2008

Authorities in Niagara Falls should take note. This mockery of an Indian restaurant called A Taste of India mocks the laws of this land by running a dirty, fly-infested eatery that dishes out poorly cooked, substandard food. They won't give you a printed bill probably because they evade taxes, too. I had the misfortune to go there with my family. My better judgment made us scram after paying for the food that we ordered but did not have the stomach to eat!

5 Thank RexNYUSA
NY
“Worst place I have been to in my life!!! RUN AWAY!!!!”
Reviewed 12 October 2008

They deceptively say that if you eat there, you can park for free in the parking lot. I went in there to grab something and asked them if the parking would be free. They repeatedly assured me it will be until it came time to pay the bill. At that point, they said there is a minimum buying limit otherwise they wouldn't stamp the ticket.

They were forcing me to buy more things and I refused. I maintained a professional demeanor and didn't yell or anything, but the 4 staff/owner started cussing at me loudly and yelling for not buying. The refused to stamp the ticket.

These deceivers not just deceive customers, they deceive the government as well. They woudn't give me or the guy before me a receipt for the purchase. Tax evaders.

I couldn't find a cop, otherwise, I would've called one to file charges against this waste of space restaurant and owners.

I'm filing a report with BBB and you should to if you've had a bad experience.

5 Thank SammyJenkis