“Don't go for the decor, go for the chicken parmesan!”

Michael's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 295 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Toronto, Canada
“Don't go for the decor, go for the chicken parmesan!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I honestly have to say I was absolutely shocked at some of the other reviews on here, with the 1-3 star ratings. I went for lunch in late June 2014 after reading some fantastic reviews on here. The décor is that of the local neighbourhood joint. Nothing fancy at all. Clearly a local place catering to families, couples, friends and some older patrons. Our waitress was absolutely amazing. Quick, attentive, gave valuable information on menu choices. I had the chicken parmesan with shell pasta and my spouse had the lasagna. We both had the salad with mozzarella curls and house dressing. The chicken was juicy and cooked to perfection. The tomato sauce on the pasta was delicious. Not a fan of the mozzarella curls but hubby loved it (not really a fan of cheese on salad so should have avoided, but was too curious) and they were abundant. The house dressing was nice. Nothing was swimming. The chicken parmesan portion is absolutely huge. Hubby finished my leftovers. Price was quite reasonable. The, what I assumed to be, owner chatted with me and was quite friendly. My only complaint was that they started vacuuming right during our lunch. But, again, I wasn't so put off by it to not go again. Planning on returning in July. I have really been led astray by some reviews on restaurants in Niagara Falls, NY, but this one is a keeper.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dale F

• Hungarian first
Toronto, Canada
“friendly staff, huge portions”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

In the area for 4th of July, found this place on tripadvisors and decided to give it a try. Area looks a bit rough, but at least it's at an intersection with a tim hortons across the street which lits up the nearby streets. Inside looks like a classic family restaurant, with big booths that can fit 8-10 people, staff are nice as well. Ordered the eggplant parm with ziti, girlfriend had the half size ravioli stuff with meat. You can get a veal or chicken parm for about $13, eggplant for $14, which i think is a good deal especially for how big it is. She added a side of 2 meatballs for $2.50 which were moist and not dense. Half size pastas are about $9 Food looks great, taste homemade, huge plates, nice red sauce. Didn't try the pizza or sandwiches but other people seem to like it too. We upgraded the salad to the rolled mozzarella, which is basically their regular salad topped with thin stripes of mozzarella rolled up, worth it if you like cheese, get the homemade italian dressing. Order the full size if you want some take home but I think the half size is sufficient for most appetites. Definitely a good choice if you want to avoid all the shady indian places all around the falls.

• Visited July 2014
Utica, New York
“Great sauce, good pizza”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Well-cooked pizza with great sauce. I'd prefer to have the crust a bit more browned and I don't need handfuls of cheese on every slice of my pizza. Next time we'll just ask for a bit less cheese... I know, some people like i smothered but we'd rather taste the toppings. The sausage was superb & the they know how to cook a pizza very very well. Would definitely visit again.

• Visited June 2014
Ransomville, New York
“Great little Italian restaurant in Little Italy”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We eat there on Sundays. The restaurant is always busy, but service is prompt and friendly. The owner is usually there watching over things. Great sauce, great pizza, and great prices!

• Visited May 2014
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
“Best Pizza I have ever had ~ no kidding!!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

4 of us went and it was the absolute best pizza I have ever had you can tell all the toppings were cut fresh there and in big hunks of toppings like bacon and peppers etc. we had a supreme pizza I so wish I could go back more for this pizza than for the falls lol

• Visited July 2013