“HORRIBLE! RIPOFF!”

Ranked #82 of 295 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 September 2013

HORRIBLE place! First when I went to pay, we wanted to split our bills. The old guy working the register made a face, and rolled his eyes at me. Then, after that was said and done I hand him my card. He again rolls his eyes, makes a face, and snips at me "We don't take credit cards, and we haven't for 50 years!". You know, you could have just said that politely? Nowhere in the menu did I even see that mentioned...how should I know? Besides, this day and age, who doesn't take them? If you want to stay in business longer, perhaps you should change with the times. Oh, and the other people in my party? They ended up paying for my meal in addition to me paying it since 3 people couldn't figure out how to properly split the bill.... After adding what they ordered together (since they have an online menu, it should have been $25.45 plus tax. They were charged $36, which included the $11 meal that I had already paid for. Thank God we'll never be going back.

There are newer reviews for Mom's Family Restaurant

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Place for breakfest.service was slow and had to ask for refill of coffee.Average food okay for tourist .

1  Thank Cas1947
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Went here when one of my favorite places was closed and what a bad choice it was. Chicken was raw and burger was overlooked. Waitress was rude when we brought it to her attention

Reviewed 1 March 2013

We ate here for breakfast while doing a change-of-scenery-cross-border-shopping weekend. Can't give it high ratings because it is a diner, but! for a diner it is good. Generous portions of omelet, kids loved the French toast. Rough and ready old decor. Would go back.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Took my 16 yr old son out to lunch at Mom's. It was my first and last visit! We tried it because we had a coupon for a free entree. It's a diner/coffee shop, been around forever. After we seated ourselves, a server asked us what we would like to drink. I ordered coffee, my son ordered a vanilla milkshake. We looked over the menus on the table and a waitress, who was extremely friendly and helpful, told us she'd be back shortly to take our orders. In the mean time, the not-so-friendly server brought our drinks, coffee and a chocolate milkshake! Yep, wrong flavor! I told my son I could have it sent back and a new one made, but he just said never mind and he'd drink it, probably because of the unfriendliness of the server. I ordered a tuna salad wrap with a cup of Italian wedding soup. My son ordered a cheeseburger and fries with a cup of Italian wedding soup. Soup was hot and good. However, the tuna wrap was terrible. The wrap was so soggy it almost fell apart, had absolutely no flavor and the mayo just ran out of it. I think that who ever washed the lettuce never dried it before putting it in the wrap. The burger was extremely thin! We were terribly dissapointed, and even with the coupon, the bill was over $15! When I went up to the register to pay with a credit card, I was told they only accept cash. I never saw a sign in the window or anything at the table or on the menus indicating it was cash only - actually, I was shocked, there aren't too many establishments left that only accept cash. I was especially shocked that they didn't accept credit when they had so many lottery tickets and lotto devices engulfing the register area, obviously they accommodate the electronic age for gambling purposes but not for their dining customers. WILL NEVER GO BACK!