“Good Comfortable Hotel For The Price But Smoke is a Issue”

Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 7 July 2013

For the price we paid hotel is value for money. Early check-in was allowed only for one of the rooms out of 3 and for remaining 2 we had to wait till 4 pm which was disappointing. Front desk keep saying room is clean but needs to be inspected. Room is large and comfortable and we got the Canada view and could watch fireworks from the room. You need even number rooms and higher floor to get good view. We did not enjoy the casino as much due to smoke and even in non smoking casino I had headache. We ate at three sisters cafe and the food is reasonably priced.
I went for a swim also and hotel has a nice pool with 4 feet depth with hot tub also. We did not had time for spa.
Hotel charges $15 per day resort charges per room and Orbitz charged this in advance and hotel also charged it. After fighting a lot with Orbitz I got the money back. I would suggest you call the hotel directly and book as they would match the online price.
Overall a good hotel if don't mind the smoke environment.

Room Tip: Higher floor even number rooms have Canada view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank waytoris

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I didn't stay here and never would. I used their parking lot because my hotel's was full, and then we stayed for dinner. As soon as you open any door to either the hotel side or the casino side, it's as if you've walked into a cigarette factory. I was surprised when we were asked if we wanted a smoking or nonsmoking section because I hadn't heard that question in a number of years, and also because there is no nonsmoking section really to speak of in the whole place.

If you're a smoker, it's probably all right, though.

Room Tip: If you're a smoker, it's probably all right.
Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CityOfBigShoulders
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Was a very nice stay. Walking distance to the Falls and to Canada.
Room very clean, asked for extra blanket and pillows. Were brought up to the room with in 10 mins.
Casino floor nice, there under renoavation right now in some parts.
We did go to there buffet that was very disappointing. I do not know was it was. If they were short handed cause of holiday weekend. But I had to wait 45 min for ch and pep pizza slice. The chef brought me some pizza out but it was not ch/pep. So I had to wait longer. My husband wanted beef and broccoli, but he was told it was going to be another 10-15 min. I did have the hager steak. (sp) That was good. I tried to get mash poatos, I was told I had to wait again. The kicker of this was the time. We did not go for dinner until 8:30pm On July4th I was not even that busy. Our poor waitress kept saying she was sorry. So for two of us to eat was $40.00 was not worth it at all. If you can, ask to see what food there serving before you pay that kind of money.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a room to close to elavator. All we herd was it go up and down. We stayed a...
Reviewed 4 July 2013

the changes being made to the casino are not good. the thunder falls buffet is not as nice as it used to be. THE FOOD ISN"T THAT GREAT, THE SEATING ARRANGEMENTS ARE WORSE, AND IT'S MUCH TO COLD IN THE RESTAURANT.my friends and I will not go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This hotel is located very close to the Niagara falls park. We booked it as per the reviews and surely this place didn't disappoint. The rooms are really big and clean. It depends which floor and room you get to have the views. We has odd room # so it was parking lot view but other family had even room# so the view was really nice of the mist of the falls and whole canadian side with space needle standing tallest. There are many eating places within or outside the hotel so you cant go wrong with the food. The room service is really fast and call back to ensure the quality and taste of the food was good. Sheraton hotel is also near but its only 4-5 floor high with this being 23 story tall. Valet parking is complementary and there is ample parking space if you want to park on your own. I will surely recommend this place if you are planning to visit Niagara falls and staying there for few days.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I did a lot of research before booking this hotel in Niagara, NY....and I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE! I spoke to someone at the hotel for more than 30 minutes, telling her exactly what we were looking for and convinced me Seneca Niagara Casino and Hotel, was the PLACE to stay. Since my son is only 19yo, he (we) had to walk around the entire complex to gain access to our room. OR, you could wait at the front for an employee to ESCORT the entire family through the casino! UGH!! Our room was not ready at 4pm, when we came back at 5pm, NO ONE KNEW WHERE OUR LUGGAGE WAS???? The "falls view" rooms are actually "CASINO ROOF VIEWS" and you could only see a slight mist in the distance from the falls. I had several questions about Niagara Falls, such as the cost to cross the bridge, where does the attractions leave from (NY or Canada side) and NO ONE...NO ONE KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT NIAGARA FALLS...OMG!! The casino smoke permeated into every inch of the hotel! GROSS!!!
The room, itself, was very nice---modern, clean, very comfortable...the shower was INCREDIBLE! So if you are there to gamble and smoke, not see Niagara Falls, then you would be very happy!

1  Thank sotis333
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My wife and I recently spent a weekend here and loved it! We often stay on the Canadian side of the Falls but it was a nice change to stay on the USA side!

Check-in

Great! Mary was very nice! Our room wasn't ready as we were very early buy they issued us a access card to use the gym and pool.

Room

Awesome! Lots of storage! Feels like it's filled with higher end furnishings. Very comfy feel and they were a great size! The hotel does not have Falls views (on either side). One side faces the town on Niagara Falls, NY and the other side faces the town on Niagara Falls, Ontario. Both sides have river views.

Casino

Nice! It has a smoking and non-smoking side. There was a smell of smoke from time to time but it wasn't too bad.

Restaurants

Good! Nice selection of restaurants! Food is a little pricey but not too bad. There is a little Italian restaurant off property called Villella's Restaurante. It's located out the back of the hotel and to the right about 5 minute walk! IT's a MUST visit! 8 tables total and located inside the Super 8. Food was awesome and reasonable!

Pool

Very nice! Loved the hot tubs and pool! Terrace is nice to sun tan too!

Gym

One of the best equipped hotel gyms I've seen! Great for a workout! My wife was looking for a yoga mat but couldn't locate one but the machine and free weights are great!

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay and we will DEF return!

Room Tip: Go to the Italian Restaurant Villella's! 5 minute walk from the hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple