“Nice stay”

Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I had booked this hotel for 4th July - I paid 175$ + 15$ = 190$ for the night. I had chosen a smoking room. There are other reviews that say that this hotel smells of smoke, but other than a very faint hint of smoke in the room, I did not smell any - Nothing in the common areas - I requested a room with a view and I was given room 2008 which has fantastic views of the Niagara river and the buildings on the Canadian side. We were allowed to check in early at 11:30 AM, The room was tastefully furnished and had a picture postcard window. We spent the evening inside the room, as we was very tired walking the whole day and could see the fireworks from the room.
The shower tap at the bathroom was a little too tight, and I happened to notice that the bed my wife and I slept in had polyester blend bed sheets - but we were happy with the other stuff to overlook these.
Someone said that bottled water is free in a separate review which is not true - Bottled water costs $2 per bottle. I carried 2 crates of Poland spring, so we did not drink the hotel brand water.
Overall, a nice stay and will definitely book here if I go to Niagara again

Room Tip: 2008 has a view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Arthurdale
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We traveled with friends from West Virginia and had such a good time we plan on making it an annual event. We arrived early and rooms were ready for us but the clerk told us if we were willing to wait we could get adjoining falls view rooms. It was worth the wait! We were on the 26th floor and had a fantastic view! We were lucky enough to be there for the fireworks. The rooms were very nice and the casino was fantastic. Waitstaff was very attentive and we never waited long for drinks. We usually stay on the Canadian side but not any more! This hotel far surpassed our expectations. Booking the next trip soon!

Room Tip: Ask for falls view as high as you can get!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Bluffton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We got a great room on the 26th floor with a view towards the falls. Couldn't really see the falls, except the mist, but had a great seat for the fireworks!!! The room was clean, and spacious. The shower had a glass enclosure and nice vanity. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Of course, we had to walk through the casino every time we walked to the falls and back to entice us to gamble!! Had a wonderful stay!! We will come back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JimO734
Hudson Falls, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I reserved a package two months in advance. The day we arrive to check in, they tried to charge me double what I supposed to be charged. I was supposed to receive golf, and breakfast each morning of my stay along with my room. They told me that they had a "glitch" with their system on packages and that someone should have called me to inform me of the proper rates. (no one did) I had to stand there for over 20 minutes while 2 employees tried to figure out what to do. They told me I had to pay for my golf out of pocket and that they would reimburse me. No way. Then they told me that my package did not include breakfast. Yes it did. I had to fight to get free breakfast vouchers. They hand me a piece of paper stating that they will charge me what I was quoted online, however it still noted that I had a balance owed.

Needless to say..... a few days later before we get ready to check out of the hotel, I check my credit card transactions online and what do you know..... the hotel charged me not one wrong price, but two! They charged my credit card over $1400 for a room that was supposed to cost me $345. I was not pleased. I get the same girl who checked me in and she assured me that I wouldn't be charged and that the manager would have them removed. They did call me back about 20 minutes after we checked out and stated that the charges would be removed.

Seriously? Is this really the way you treat your guests? Yes.... they ended up giving me the room for what I was quoted in the end. But I had to fight to get the free breakfast and I did not get the rounds of golf that I was supposed to.

Also, for my birthday during our stay, I made reservations at the front desk for one of their restaurants. What a surprise that when we get in the restaurant, they were not made. I was furious!

This place is nice.... but they are so unorganized and didn't really make for a pleasant start to my vacation.

The rooms were clean. The bathrooms were clean and spacious.

The casino is ok. If you like to suffocate in everyone's cigarette smoke. Yuck. The machines let you win like 2 to 10 cents every 20 button pushes. Its kind of disappointing.

I can honestly say that even with nice, clean rooms.... I probably won't stay there ever again after the nightmare at check in. Computer glitch my tush. Their star rating changed from a 3 to a 4 after I booked so they were trying to up their rates on me. Not happening.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tweakydave5
Colden, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We went to the casino on Friday. Twelve familly members came up for dinner at their buffet. It was a great time since our schedules don't let us get together often. That night they had their 4th of July fireworks. They were the best display I've ever seen. Saturday we saw the Drew Carey show, which was very funny. We left Sunday. It was a fun relaxing weekend. I would recommend this casino to everyone.

Room Tip: The higher, the better view, especially on the Niagara Falls side looking into Canada. Within walki...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bj231
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

It has a good location and the rooms are very comfortable. We couldn't see the falls from our room, maybe from the higher rooms you get to see them. It has many restaurants inside the hotel, we ate at one and the food was good. The only thing I would change is that the rooms are very dark, it needs more lights but I would definitely stay here if I go back.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Susana V
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the July 4th weekend and to my surprise it wasn't as busy as I thought it was going to be. The casino is a waste you will not win here. The hotel is nice and very clean. Rooms and bathroom are very nice. The hotel does smell like smoke it's all over in the lobby and casino area. I did not care for the buffet but they do have a great burger restaurant. They have a nice pool area and on a plus after 8 no kids are allowed and they leave the pool open from 8pm-9:45 for adults only. The only thing that I hated was the cigarette smoke it was just so overwhelming. Other then that the hotel is great and in a great location for site seeing and seeing the falls.

• Stayed July 2013
#12 of 51 in Niagara Falls
The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel
Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls

Been to Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!