“Nice Property”

Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Nice Property”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed here on business in October of 2013 for two nights. It is a well kept hotel and seems to be clean and well managed. The rooms were nice and the bed comfortable and a great view of the spray off the falls looking into Canada. I have been on the 25th floor and the last time I was on the 7th floor. I especially like the layout of the bathroom with the large tile walk in shower.

Room Tip: Get a room on floor 7 or above with a view of the Canada side so you can see the spray coming off Ni...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wcedgar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Parma, Ohio
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom and make up area is something all women would like to have in their homes.

The only thing I found wrong was the air conditioner, which could not be regulated to lower or raise the temperature. It kept the room too cold and we froze. Found the turn off switch the next morning but by then it was too late.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joeroha
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We have been going to Seneca for a few years and always seem to have a great time. Reading some of the negative reviews makes me wonder are these people ever happy or just always demanding something. Seneca has done a great job with the whole place, excellent dining or casual bites, great staff who when you treat them like people react the same. The casino is great and large enough to have an awesome variety in gaming whether you like table games or slots. We are Canadian but find Seneca is far and above more fun and friendlier than Niagara on the Canadian side. If you are casino junkies like we are, go and enjoy.

Room Tip: Never had a room problem
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank johntreerandall
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We chose to stay at Seneca Niagara during out visit to the Falls because the other couple in the group love to play the slot machines. The hotel price and location was great; we easily walked to the New York side of the Falls. The room was spacious and comfortable. I'd love to have the bathroom and make-up area in my own home. I would recommend this hotel but with a warning; the smell of smoke in the hallway and lobby is evident to those with sensitive allergies and the loud music in the lobby can give you a headache. The hotel rooms were definitely smoke-free. We found the valet service to be very friendly and quick, but we were there mid-week, off peak Niagara Falls time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allee123
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

This casino is not as nice as advertised. The staff was friendly but overall game selection was horrible. They had a smoke free area in the casino but people smoked without regard to the signs. Restaurants are nice but that's about all that can be said.

• Stayed October 2013
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Encouraged by the reviews on this site we booked the Seneca, fortunately only for one night.
The service was dreadful. Parking is difficult and there was no co--operation from the parking valets when asked for directions into the parking lots. There was no friendly greeting at the door and we waited 14 minutes on line for the reception desk.
I expected smoke on the gaming floor but we were hit by a wall of smoke fumes on our floor and then when I put my head on the pillow an overwhelming smell of smoke. This hotel has the possibility of being better. They manage it at Vegas in similar sized casino/ hotels where service and air quality on the hotel side is fine.
One of the lights didnt work and although reported nobody came. We returned to our room to a note which stated they would be cleaning our windows from 7.30 next morning !
I would suggest dont stay and take a day trip to Niagara, except the night time falls is so spectacular. Consider the Canadian side if you are an overseas traveller it might be more to your taste but avoid the Seneca Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FrancesMM
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The last time I visited this casino was in September 2013 for a few hours. When it comes to Seneca Casino I definitely enjoy myself the most here for a couple of reasons (in no specific order):

-Your allowed to smoke on the game floor and in the lobby. As someone who grew up in Ontario I have had enough of the "nanny state" to say the least. If I have to drive from the Greater Toronto Area to Seneca Casino just so I can enjoy a cigar indoors while on the slots then that already bodes well for me and my friends who go every few months!

-There is a good selection of tables and machines in my opinion. As any casino it depends how deep your pockets stretch.

-Overall I find the casino to be well maintained and it has nice decor through out. Right now they are renovating some of the tables on the game floor though. It looks great in my opinion!

-Parking is free!

-Drinks are also cheap. It can cost me around $7 to buy a draft beer in a Canadian Casino meanwhile I can buy two for $8. No complaints there!

**I haven't had a chance to stay in one of the hotel rooms as of yet but do plan on doing so in the near future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends