“Great Getaway”

Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I booked a corner suite room (so worth it) for one night to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday. I have to say that staff is awesome! All staff that we interacted with was very helpful and friendly. I had ordered a birthday package with a cake and balloons to be put in the room prior to check in, it was all set and taken care of when I arrived! I will say though, I had an unexpected hold of $50 put on my credit card at the time of check in for any possible damages upon check out. Which was fine because we didn't damage the room but, I didn't expect the credit hold. Our room was beyond amazing. Very modern, upgraded, the curtains in the room were controlled by a remote, our view was amazing, the size of the room was very large. I will say the bed was much firmer than I like, both my boyfriend and I tossed all night. They do have nice pillows (they give you 4) but, they didn't make up for the stiff bed. I gave the cleanliness a 3 star because our jacuzzi had some residue and hair in it, I had to actually run the jets, get in it and wipe it out before we could even use it for ourselves. Also, the shower had a whole clump of hair in it, and it wasn't mine! The room and bathroom were spotless, but I think they need to pay more attention to the hair that gets left behind. There is no complimentary breakfast (you'd think for the cost of there room there would be) but there are restaurants downstairs to get breakfast. Breakfast for 2 was $30 and the food wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. The casino portion was a little difficult, you have to show your ID every time you walk in and out, even if you're just trying to get to the buffet for dinner. Understandable though being a casino, just be prepared to show your ID. You can't even walk through with a camera. Families with children are escorted each time. Also, the casino is a smoking facility. They do have a filtration system but it's still pretty cloudy and stinky. On the good side, they do have a non-smoking casino section, however you have to walk through the smoke to get to it. My hair and clothes smelled of smoke just walking through. The location was roughly 1-2 blocks from the state park. That was a plus! Overall our stay was great. I would go back and I would recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Get a corner suite, views are amazing and worth the extra cost!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrea90_13
There are newer reviews for Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Just over the border from Niagara Falls, ON you can see the Seneca Casino & Hotel. Free full valet service if you are a guest at the hotel. Sometimes we just went and got the car ourselves because the valets were extremely busy and had a Sr. with me that did not like to wait. The room itself was absolutely beautiful. Very spacious and clean for 4 people. Con: Wifi there is a charge of $10/day and it did not work well at all. Smoking is permitted on the Casino floor - there is a non-smoking area but small compared to the smoking one. Located in a sketchy part of Niagara Falls. Pro: Front desk staff were very accommodating and provided maps, etc. to local shopping areas and discounted our room because the WiFi did not work. Bellhop remembered my mother-in-law from a previous trip and took care of her exactly the way she wanted. Would probably go back again.

Room Tip: Did not feel safe going out at night from the hotel and would opt to stay in and go out during the d...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank funinmyrtle
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the hotel as part of a free comp for one night. We have always preferred the American casinos over the Canadian casinos because essentially our money goes further over the border. The hotel room was very nice and spacious. Very clean and nicely designed, my wife and I could not believe that we were comped such a nice room. The staff was extremely friendly and always answered any questions we had promptly. We decided to eat at the Western Door Steakhouse in the casino and like the last time we were there, we loved the food. That is one of the main reasons why we prefer the Seneca Casino in NY. As a Canadian, I find it disturbing that an American casino has a great Tim Hortons and we cannot find one in the Canadian casinos. I am not a gambler by no means. So when my wife goes off to play the slots for hours I enjoy my alone time walking around the casino or just in the Timmy's with a Kindle and a coffee and peanut donut (a must to try). We highly recommend staying at the Seneca should you get the chance.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank The_3D_Guy
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We arrived prior to a show in the event center, to do some gambling in the casino. This place is well tended to, clean areas people emptying ashtrays taking trash constantly, their cleaning staff does their job well. For being a smoking casino it does not smell overly smokey either. It is not a huge hassle to get a drink from the floor drinks( free) to one of the bar areas( prices at these do vary) there are a lot of options. While we were there we stayed in one general area and the lady on the floor even remembered what my husband and I drank which was nice. They have an area in between smoking and non smoking where you can get your own soda also. Looking forward to coming here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ecreed6
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We booked at the hotel just to have a place to stay before flying to Florida out of the Niagara airport in the morning. We weren't excepting much, just a place to crash. But we were pleasantly surprised! It ended up being a fabulous first day of vacation! The staff were super friendly and willing to help.

We took a swim in the very beautiful pool. We ate at the great buffet and even managed to play some slots and poker. We will definitely stay again if we fly from Niagara.

The only cons I can think of are:

- the public areas smell like cigarettes. Coming from Ontario, where smoking is pretty much banned everywhere indoors, this was a bit jarring. I'm pregnant and could only stand being in the casino area for a short time before I started feeling yucky. Luckily, our non smoking room had no odour at all.

- We were there with our 3.5 year old and in order to get to the buffet, we had to be escorted through the casino by security. Which meant we had to wait for someone to be free. And then again to get to the washrooms. It was a bit of a hassle, and seems like a design flaw!

- The breakfast was a bit expensive, for what it was. Especially considering the dinner buffet was such a deal. We were a bit surprised.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a non smoking room, if that's what you need.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank onlylucy
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Proficient Service at the Western Door! Comparable to Russels! The service is First-Rate over Russels. The rooms are Beautiful, clean and a nice size! I recommend the suite with a hot tub in the room over looking Niagra Falls, just Beautiful! The spa/pool area is exquisite! There is a fireplace in the pool area with lounge chairs, a nice relaxing hideaway when you are finished gambling for the night. Next day, I recommend to ask for a late check out, then visit Thunder Falls Buffet! There is anything and everything for everyone! Great service and food! If you don't see something that you are craving, just ask and they will bring it to you! I asked for sautéed spinach and they made it! Fantastic! Don't forget your players card for the discount! Shows are great too! I saw the Go Go's last year and there wasn't a bad seat in the house! Of course, more gambling is always fun!

Room Tip: Suite, Niagra falls side!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephanie E
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My wife an I stayed for a one night stay. Even though we live close to this hotel it was our first time staying overnight. We will do it again as we were very satisfied with our stay. The hotel room was very nice with all the updates including flat screen tv and a very large shower. Ad added tourch was you had tp present your room key to access the elevators.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
#10 of 51 in Niagara Falls
The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel
Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Niagara Falls New York

Been to Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!