“Who is the Falls winner, USA or Canada?”

Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've lived 20 mins from the falls my entire life, and now I've stayed at several hotels there, so not to brag, but I think I'm an expert by now! Around here we always discuss which side of the falls are better, so I'll try to shed some light on that.

THE VIEW: Canada kills it here. At this hotel, we had a view of the back parking lot (not very exciting; we could see Buffalo in the distance, but as matchsticks). We could see what the "fallsview" would look like, and it's not very impressive... maybe some mist. Canada's view is breathtaking.

THINGS TO DO: Canada again. There's the wackiness of clifton hill, and the luxury of the fallsview area. America is getting a little better, their parks are better and they both have the maid of the mist.

CONVENIENCE: USA! We win this one! You can use your cell phone, hooray! No bridge traffic!

CASINOS: USA! This casino is great. The floor was just redone and it's really nice. There are a lot restaurants and they all seem pretty excellent. Unlike Canada, you can get free drinks! Need I say more? ha! There are two concert venues here as well... everything is nice and clean.

Soo.... Canada wins it in my book. I'm not a casino guy. You can smoke in this place, which gives it a lingering smell that I'm not a fan of. It's better than it was years ago, but it's still there. The view is why you are in Niagara Falls to begin with right?

The rooms at the hotel were very nice. No complaints there at all. No free breakfast though...

Room Tip: Get a view facing the falls.
5  Thank MCarson699
Write a ReviewReviews (1,495)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel is a 5 min walk from the Falls, the hotel staff very friendly and our room was nice, spacious and situated on the 25th floor with a beautiful view on the river. We arrived in the evening and could leave our bags in the hotel, after check-out the day after, to visit the Falls. The hotel offers a taxi service ($70 one way) between the hotel and the airport, which is pretty much the only way of transport. The only criticism I could give is that the prices in the hotel for breakfast, lunch or dinner are rather pricy

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I've stayed here a few times. I really like the room decor and the large bathroom. We had a room this time near the elevator and you could hear a roaring noise in the room from the elevator. I think I will ask for a room further away next time. The rooms are very clean and the beds really comfortable. The pool area is very nice. They have 2 hot tubs with signs posted that you have to be 18 to use them. They were nice and hot. They have free valet parking if you are staying in the hotel which is nice. The casino even decided to let me take home a few dollars of its money this time. I will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I almost felt unsafe walking the halls of the main building in the daytime, alone...
not alot of people until the busloads arrive or depart....

the rates are fine; but there is so little nightlife and other things to do on the american side; truly., take the time to leave here and travel across the bridge to the Canadian side...so much more to do, there...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Scouternurse S
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We recently stayed here for two nights in early May. As always the check in process was quick and easy despite the number of guests in line ahead of us. The room assigned to us was on a high non-smoking floor facing the falls. The room itself was fine, however, the strong smell of stale cigarette smoke permeated the room, hallways and even non-smoking areas of the casino. After we checked in we went to the casino to play for a bit before having dinner. Having been here numerous time before we didn't expect to have much fun or even wins at the casino and as usual we had neither. We keep hoping things will change for the better and we will get a little play time for our hard earned money but it never does here. We never expect to go home with more money than we started but it would be nice to break even or have a little fun once in a while playing the slots. All we want is some play time but I guess tha't too much to ask of a native american casino.

7  Thank Airfoils
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I stay here every once and awhile. Always nice staff and great clean rooms.
Very close to the border for Canadians. Shopping at the outlet mall is only minutes away.
No complaints at all - Always a nice stay

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Hotel is great and all the workers are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and all updated nicely. The bathrooms are in excellent condition and very updated. From check in to check out we loved every bit of this hotel.