“Superb Service, great room, loved it.”

Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 17 May 2009

I can't say enough good about this hotel. The service, staff, accommodations, restaurants, entertainment and overall ambiance were wonderful.

I spent the night of May 16th at the Seneca Niagara Casino Hotel, following a concert in their Events Center. Knowing the hotel was sold out for the night, I was somewhat concerned that perhaps things might be overlooked, staff might be overworked, etc, but that was definitely not the case.

Attention to detail was in perfect order. The room was not only cleaned very well, it was inspected and not released to us until it had passed their inspection guidelines by hotel staff. The hotel room was sleek, modern and very, very comfortable. We had a room on the 22nd floor with floor to ceiling windows overlooking Niagara Falls, Canada, a spectacular view to say the least.

The staff I encountered from the valet upon arrival, to the housekeeping staff in the halls, to the front desk staff and even the security guards on the Casino floor were all very helpful and always willing to answer any question or assist us in any way we needed. I was particularly impressed with the Front Desk Manager, who went out of his way to accommodate a special request I had made prior to arrival. Cudos to you and your staff Mr. Riggi.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank lmd48
There are newer reviews for Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino

Reviewed 28 April 2009

The hotel is wonderful!! I stay at the Seneca Casino Hotel on a semi-regular basis in a corner King Jacuzzi room. I can never complain about the room itself! It is a big room -walking into the room hallway is like entering another quiet world--with a living area including a desk and a king bed with the jacuzzi at the foot of the bed! There is a flat planel tv they can swivel so you ca n watch tv, sip on a glass of wine and watch a movie in the the jacuzzi!! The walls are floor to ceiling glass with remote control curtains. There is also a stereo system that even has speakers in your large bathroom! In this room you feel pampered and relaxed. They do have issues and more lately!! So just call them to fix it and they will. But this is a hotel to enjoy!!

• Stayed: March 2009
2  Thank nyredhead311
Reviewed 20 April 2009

My wife and I and our 2 children stayed one night at the Seneca Niagara Hotel. We were checked in and in our room within 15 minutes. The lady at the desk was very helpful. She told us about the dining selections and pool/spa. The hotel is very clean and well kept. We enjoyed the Three Sisters restraurant. The kids enjoyed the pool. They only wished the pool would have had a 3 foot section. The pool is all 4 foot deep. The casino is very nice. Also very clean. I called room service to get extra blankets and they had them up to my room within 15 minutes. Next time I need to book a two night stay. We were not able to do alot by staying only one night.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank kfamilyindianaPA
Reviewed 11 February 2009

Overall this is a very nice hotel to stay at, but if you are the type to go online and book a particular type of room, beware. After a few stays, we found out that, while they will guarantee you A ROOM, it may not be the type you reserved. I asked what would happen if someone was a no-show, would they be billed for the lowest room or the one that was booked. Guess what? Still awaiting an answer.

Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2009

We arrived here for a 2 night stay as part of our Silver Wedding holiday trip. We mentioned it was a special occasion at check in, so they changed our room and made sure we got a view of the falls - it was great.

The room was lovely - spacious & clean.

Even as a smoker (I know, trying to give up), I've got to admit that although it didn't really have a smokey atmosphere (i.e. hanging 2 inches above your head), you could definitely smell (stale) tobacco throughout.

The staff at the restaurants & bars were very friendly.

The security in the casinos is a bit heavy handed. Don't try walking thru the main casino with a camcorder (even if it's locked away in a camera bag) because they don't allow it - you'll either be escorted thru that area with a guard watching your every move or if there's no-one to escort you, they'll make you walk around the outside of the hotel to get to the main entrance & the lift area. This was really the only downside - but we'll know for next time.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pongosmum
Reviewed 26 January 2009

A bit of background:
To start out I have been to this casino before and made this only my 2nd overnight stay.

I'm really not one to complain to any hotel I stay at unless something is just so wrong it will effect my stay.

The Crown Plaza (located directly across the street and formerly a Holiday Inn) was only $20 less per night and i figured for my money the Seneca Niagara Hotel was the place to stay. My stay was for 1 night, a Saturday. Myself and 2 friends took the quick 90 minute drive from Rochester.

This was just a fun trip for me and a much needed day to relax and have a good time, win or lose, days off for me are hard to come by! As we drove in I noticed the weather was good, marking for an on time arrival.

I was nervous as we arrived at 3pm and would think there would be a long line to check in. The lobby is really very nice, and right off the Valet stand. VALET IF IT IS NOT FULL!! IT IS A LONG WALK FROM THE PARKING GARAGE TO THE LOBBY!! Of course I parked in the garage. Valet can be a bit of a wait if your leaving at a peak time. Last time we used valet and left at 2 AM we waited 20 minutes for the car.

To my shock there was no wait to check in. Plain and simple. No issues here, a helpful staff who all appeared to be very nice. And for this peak time plenty of help there to keep things going smoothly.

If you have never been here before, join the players card! They send cards out every month for free room nights Mon-Thurs and discounted rooms on weekends. Book fast as they are limited and sell out fast. This room sadly was not free or discounted. I booked online on the hotels website for $169. Put 3 guys in the room and its not a bad deal in my opinion if you compare what else is around (not much on the USA side)

We stayed on the 18th Floor with a look of the falls and canada. We took the quick elevator ride to the room. Like most casino trips I make, I dont spend much time in the room. This room I do not mind staying in. It is AWESOME. The walk down the halls make you think you are in a 5 star vegas hotel. You enter the room and will be amazed at the above average size and features. The beds I find to be very good and the Flat Screen TV is great if you have a bit of time late at night or early in the morning. The bathroom makes these rooms great. I feel spoiled with all the room. The shower could fit a small horse and is tiled. Warning no bathtubs here!

As for the rest of the place the casino staff/dealers/pit bosses/wait staff are all really nice and do a great job. The dealers are very friendly and talkative which is a plus.

The only drawbacks I find here are the costs of pretty much anything is on the high side, but if your coming here you pretty much know that ahead of time. Food choices are not the greatest. There are 2 small food stands with a hot dog for $4. THIS ONE IS A WINNER! The 24 hour cafe located in the hotel lobby is one where we visited this trip. The prices for what i felt to be basic fare kind of worried me. $11 for a cheeseburger and fries?! Compare this to the Buffet ($18-22) and it is not all bad. I would not eat at the buffet if it was free. Not a fan of paying that much for below average buffet food. They do have prime rib,meats and crab legs but i don't ever find myself getting my money or comp worth. I believe the prices are higher as they expect hotel goers to use the comp value. They also have a steak house which I have only heard good things about. The players card comps can be used at the hotel any dining facility, gift shop, or bar. Pretty much any where, but they dont have cash back.

The other draw back i saw was when checking out (around 11 am) it seems the entire hotel did and the wait at the elevators was painfully slow. Not sure the hotel can be blamed for it. They have 6 elevators and about 27 floors. Do the math and your waiting for in my case about 12 minutes to get to the lobby. I ended up piling in an UP elevator to finally get down. Not too many people happy with this but again i am not sure the hotel is to blame. Just bad congestion.

All in all this was a great trip. I left a winner! Really nice place and great for a week end get a way. Not much to do right around the hotel. however with in a walking distance the falls are around 10 minutes as well as the border to Canada where there is much to do and 2 other casinos.

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Roulette34
Reviewed 29 November 2008

The Seneca is an excellent property but there are a few quibbles:
-the description of the view offered by the desk clerk at check-in included a view upriver, and that was indeed true if we had binoculars so as it was, we had an unimpeded view of the parking lot;
-the washrooms do not include a bathtub and there's no door on the toilet compartment (throne room);
-during our visit, 2 of the restaurants were closed. The Koi and las Cascata were dark although that gave us the opportunity to dine in the Western Door twice (and that was good);
-in the casino's pit the floorpersonnel kept raising the bet minimum and wouldn't offer a "grandfather" option;
-yes, the casino is smokey, but does offer a non-smoking section;
-the design of the casino is an architect's nightmare with too many elements working against each other.
My wife, Reno, loved the gambling and the comps were easy enough to get when we asked for them, so we'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
#10 of 51 in Niagara Falls
The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel
Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Niagara Falls New York

Been to Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!