“We won't be returning” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
ontario
“We won't be returning”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

Booked kingsize room for our anniversary getaway, checked in & told none avail..only guarantee a room, doesnt matter that you reserved 3 weeks prior, and have conf #, wont even guarantee non-smoking room, obviously dont get what you pay for then do you? They give your room away! Bedspreads were showing wear and stained, in-room safe non-operational, shower handle came off in hand, light on make-up mirror also out, 1 major problem, lots of minor ones that show the place is totally going downhill from what it used to be.. wont be giving them another dollar of our cash & would never recommend it

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paducah, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2009

The title really says it all. The room was spotless, the service friendly, and room was well appointed. I asked for and recieved a room with a view of Canada. You can't really call it a view of the falls, but it is a better view than from the other side. There is no wifi in the room or the hotel at all as far as I could tell. That is probably my biggest complaint. There was an ethernet connection but it didn't work.

Be aware that when checking in, you are expected to use the door and valet on the side of the building that faces away from the river and Canada. I guess you would say this is the back of the building. The valet service on the front is for casino guests. A few signs would make this more clear.

Bottom line, If you are going to stay on the American side, you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Coastal Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2009

I have read from other reviews that Seneca Niagara Hotel and Casino has it's ups and downs as do any other hotels. So I will start with the "downs" and they are few and minor. The hotel uses flourescent bulbs in the rooms which is the going thing now with energy efficiency and that's fine but the wattage is too low and it's hard to see if you are trying to read. Unless you have a degree in rocket science, don't try to set the alarm clock. We had to call for housekeeping to bring some sugar and toilet paper up to the room. That's a minor thing but I would expect them to be up on stuff like that. The food in the hotel restaurants is a little pricey except for the buffet which is reasonable. Now for the "ups". Ninety five percent of Seneca's employees were super friendly. My thanks to the ladies at the front desk who spent time with me until they were sure that I knew how to get to Lewiston. The folks in the casino were great. Our blackjack dealer Jerod was patient as my wife was learning how blackjack is played in the casino (we've played at our house but it's a little different in a casino setting). The other 5% of Seneca's employees just need to brush up on their people skills. The rooms are awesome, the view if you can get a west-facing room is awesome. The bed is very comfortable. Be patient with the valets. They are slammed all the time so it may take a few minutes to get your car but the wait is never more than 5-8 minutes. The room rates are comparable to any room in any hotel in the area but you are staying in a 4 star hotel at 3 star prices. The hotel is close to everything from Grand Island to Lewiston. Quite probably the best value for the dollar in the area.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Fla
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2009

Starting with the first call to get the address, the lady on the phone was VERY sarcastic. Then got to the hotel and was impressed with the room. Corner suite with jacuzzi. The view was of the river was great. 25th floor. Then ordered room service. Seemed to be extremely overpriced bar food. The next day went and played some games and won a bit. Then the next day I went to Guest Services to see if I could get some champagne delivered to the room because my girlfriend and I were getting married that day. I was told in a reluctant manner "well, I guess I could call room service for you if you want me to". Which also seemed to happen a few more times during our stay. Had drinks in the lobby bar and Vincent was very professional and courteous. I found it odd that you can't have a beer AND a shot of liquor at the same time though. Later that night I called to ask if there was internet in the room, only to be told that it would be an additional $10 a day for that service. After paying $250 a night?? At that point I was happy to be leaving the next day. My new bride and I said good bye to the Seneca Hotel and resort, and hope to never see it again. Well, maybe we'll wave from the Canadian side.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WellTravelledArtist
Cambridge, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

overall we enjoyed ourselves. Nice property, great food. tight casino.
Unfortunately I was expecting a king room, as that was what I requested.....I did not "reserve it" or guarantee it....whatever, when I booked on line, a king room what was what I thought I was getting. We got two queen beds and he asked did we want to go to a higher or lower floor, I asked for higher hoping for a spectacular view. We got the 17th floor facing the parking lot. It was ok with floor to ceiling windows. Nice room, clean, great bathroom, comfortable beds. Could have done a better job of sound proofing the doors and we could hear the activity in the hallways. Friday night broke even on table games and ate at 3 sisters cafe. We weren't expecting much but the pizza and wings were awesome. Saturday lost a large amount of money on slots and table games but buffet was probably one of the best I have ever eaten at. Even the steak served at the buffet was good. Service at the restaurants were great. All the dealers were awesome. Got some non-chalant attitudes from bartenders, waitresses on the gaming floor and pit bosses. Property is nicely laid out and nicely decorated. Parking is free, valet is tip only. Considering I am from Canada this Casino is attractive to us as the drinks on the floor are free, food is cheaper etc.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Annnieee
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2009

I just got back from Seneca Niagara hotel. It was a pleasant stay. The rooms were clean but showing wear and tear especially in the bed linen. The water pressure was good in the shower but would have preferred a tub as well. Overall the hotel was nice.

• Stayed June 2009
barrie, ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2009

My daughter and I travelled to N.Y. to search out bridal gowns, thinking we would take the whole weekend and as luck would have it, walked into first store, 3rd dress, a winner!!! Had to kill time after this, since we couldn't very well head back home after 3 hours, drove around and yes, since I am a smoker and finding absolutely no hotels in state allows smoking and Seneca Niagara was suggested I thought better bite the bullet and pay whatever the price. Was absolutely shocked at the $100.00 price tag , was thinking it would have been so much more. Two queen beds, 16th floor, floor to ceiling windows. Headed down to casino and for the first time ever and I do mean ever, came out ahead!!! Treated ourselves to room service for breakfast, my daughter claims the hotcakes were best she's ever tasted. Valet parking was included and the valet attendant, Jerry, was superb!!! The room was gorgeous, only wished I had this type of room on a beach somewhere. With the number of people moving around in there you would think staff would be somewhat non-chalant, but found the opposite. Every person, from check in to security guard to wait staff were so pleasant and doing their best to ensure we were happy. So many other places could take lessons I think.

Suffice it to say, I have every intention of returning. Next time we will probably spend a couple of days, take advantage of the pool area, which by the way, was absolutely gorgeous. Even an outdoor area to lounge in. Too bad it was cloudy and cool otherwise we would have taken advantage of that today.

Well done to Seneca Niagara

Hampton Inn Niagara Falls
#6 of 50 in Niagara Falls
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,031 reviews
Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Been to Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!