“nigthmare!!!! don.t go dear.”
Review of Cascade Inn

Cascade Inn
Ranked #50 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 10 July 2012

went I get dear is 6.00 am, I ring the bell & 1/2 hours later the guy show up. then my room is smoke free, when I go in the odor are terrible, u can smell the tabaco, from the parkink lot. they tell you they have pool, that day the pool is empty, under construction, really is no good.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank 3monchitos

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We reserved a one night stay during a busy weekend. The photos of the place ( we found it under America's Best Inn and Suites) showed a bright, clean, updated facility.
We arrived to find a single row of rooms on a newly asphalt-painted (read stinks) parking lot. We were told our credit card had already been charged (it was about 4pm).
When we went to the room we found an delipitated space--dark orange painted walls, dark shag carpet, chipped table, large TV (very dated) and, the topper--- mold on the bathroom ceiling.
We did not stay. We were not given a refund, but are disputing the charge.
DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Ariandbob
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed here for a girls (4) getaway and we wanted to go away as soon as we walked through the door. Even though we noticed housekeeping making their rounds, our room was dirty. We were awaken the next morning at 7:00 a.m. and asked if we wanted our room cleaned, the early morning wakeup call was not appreciated. The bathroom came complete with a pubic hair on the shower curtain and a huge bug in the bathtub. Breakfast, while not worth mentioning, consisted of bagels w/cream cheese, juice and watery coffee. Our last night was the most interesting, our car battery died and after asking front desk for assistance, they advised us to search google. After locating a taxi driver who charged our battery for $20.00, we returned after dinner and walked into a sauna. Our room was so hot that we called maintenance. He checked our broken a/c and his response was "its going to be a hot night". We requesed a fan and to this day, I think he's still looking for one because we never saw him again. Needless to say the best part of our stay was the last day when we drove off.

Room Tip: if you're not planning on staying in your room, this motel is ideally located and you definitely...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank KRIZIA D
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Very welcoming staff. Excellent rooms with renovations. A big yard. Delicious breakfast. The owner works hard to please visitors. The stay was just a pleasure. That time of the year the pool is not used, too cold.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This motel like many other hotels on the Niagara blvd strip is nothing more than a cash
grab for travellers not acquainted with this tourist trap area. They will get you for $99 to $159
for a seedy cockroach /bedbug infested small room with a lowest grade mattress and musty
smell . I walked into my room and walked out demanding a refund.They gave it to me promptly surprisingly enough. I think because this is a common reaction from many others,so they give in.
Holiday Inn, Econolodge, are better bets. Always try the Seneca Niagrara hotel which is the best
there is. You might get a room there for a good price depending on vacancy.
I find that many of the motels on this strip are run by middle eastern type of owners and have
no pride in running a clean motel. They cannot possibly expect repeat customers and are hoping
for a one time hit on most visitors and they know it. Defintion :Motel tourist trap Beware.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rayz
Reviewed 27 September 2011

So, we ended up with this hotel after using hotwire and honestly, I do not know why/how this inn still runs & why Hotwire offers this.
I can't really say I stayed here since we ended up just leaving after seeing the room, but since Hotwire didn't give refunds, we checked it out.

First, the front desk didn't have our record of our Hotwire reservation & looked absolutely dumbfounded when we said we reserved through Hotwire. He asked us for our itinerary to try to figure it out.
Second, he finally gave us a key that said 103 on it and told us to go to 107. When we told him it said 103, he took his pen & changed the 103 to 107.
We tried unlocking 107 but the key obviously didn't work. Then someone from inside 107 started yelling.
We went back to the desk & told him someone was in that room & he said "no, can't be." Then he told us to go to 109.

OH MY GOSH. I walked in to the room & gagged. It had a strong smell of smoke & dampness. It was so dim, it only had one lamp. We turned on the light in the dingy, dirty bathroom & saw a big bug. Not even your normal fly or cockroach. It was a hairy bug the size of my palm & that's not an exaggeration. We looked around & saw more bugs on the walls & ceilings then we ran out. We were going to take pictures but we were way too disgusted that we just got the heck outta there.
We gave the key back & told them there were too many bugs. He offered another room, but we didnt bother. We just left. So at 2am at night we were stuck with no hotel, but I would have rather slept in the car anyway. There goes $200.
We ended up shelling out another $300 to stay at best western since all the hotels were sold out this weekend, but at least we slept clean and comfortably!

We've stayed at a $20 hotel in downtown las Vegas that was 100 times better than this. And the rate here was $98. Really? No one could pay me to stay here. I'd rather sleep in the car instead of worrying waking up about bed bugs & other bugs on me.

DON'T STAY HERE. Unless you like mold, creepy crawlers, & smoky, musky smells.

• Stayed: September 2011
8  Thank zvr3j
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I don't see whats wrong with the hotel.... I liked it my room was clean.... No nasty smells....

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple