“Disgusting and filthy”

Ranked #48 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Crown Point, Indiana
“Disgusting and filthy”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I had reserved this room online and we should have known when we pulled up that this was going to be bad....the grass wasn't even cut, the weeds were growing through cracks , the paint was peeling and windows were dirty. We walked in and no one was anywhere to be found at the front desk. I waited for ten minutes and finally a lady, unfriendly, came in. She gave us our key card and when we opened our door, I knew we were not staying here. There were burn holes in the blankets, the carpets were filthy, there were Fruit Loops on the floor. There was a white powdery substance on the mattresses ( I always check for bed bugs) - possibly bug powder? The bathroom had mildew, tiles were not glued down, and the sliding patio door was broken- a wooden stick held it closed. Are you kidding me??? The windows were so dirty , they had a film on it. My kids went outside to look at the pool and ran back in, saying it was full of bugs!!!The ironing board cover had a huge brown stain on it. The microwave had fingerrprints all over it. We took our kids and left.I wouldn't let my pets stay here. When i went back to the front desk, the woman was gone again. At least TEN minutes I stood there- we even called the place from our cell phones while we were standing there and it rang and rang and rang. She must have known we were going to leave because there was no question even as to why. We had to pay extra money to get another hotel, but that one was nice, albeit no pool, so I had to listen to my kids complain, but it was better than sleeping here.
I just want other travelers to be aware, so they are not stuck without a place to sleep. I'd feel more comfortable in my car than here. False advertising!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brenda I

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

"You get what you pay for" is not always true! Our room was well over $200 for the one night and here's what we got: we reserved a king jacuzzi room. As we entered the room, we noticed how dirty the door and walls were- truly FILTHY. The sconce lamp above one nightstand was hanging upside-down, held together with scotch tape. The door to the room hung crooked so it was hard to close on top but there was a huge gap between and frame and door toward the bottom- which meant the dead - bolt didn't work and the safety latch above was cracked and barely attached to the door. The ceramic tiles around the tub were not cemented down and several were cracked and broken, pinching our feet. The shower was new and beautiful- that's about the only thing clean/nice in the room. TV reception was just ok- not that went to Niagara Falls to enjoy a hotel room (thank God). Staff was ok- the girl who checked me in was fine, albeit not very friendly. One other staff member was a little short with my husband later in the night. All in all, I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone, even my worst enemy.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mary-Kate M

Travellers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Guelph, Ontario
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Not too bad! After reading the reviews, I wasn't too sure if we want to stay there. We got this hotel on one of the cheap deals site when you don't know what you get only the cost of it. The location is good for shopping. The rooms were outdated but fairly clean. The shower, sink and toilet were clean. The carpet, bed were fair. The bed was comfortable. We had a quiet night. The continental breakfast wasn't terrible but fine, cereal, milk, orange drink, toast, butter, coffee. they should have something for the toast, likes jams etc.. They should keep the milk on ice or refrigerate and keep the bread out of the sun (window blind?). Ok for someone who only needs a bed to sleep. The man at the front desk was really nice and polite.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank OntarioAlex
Hamilton
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We wanted to do some shopping and didn't want to spend too much money on a room since we weren't going to be spending much time in it. Big mistake!! The room was dirty and musty smelling. It was the worst place I have ever stayed at. The toilet pipes made very loud noises when we flushed. They didn't have a phone in the room, so we were given a replacement phone that was cracked and didn't even work. The "refrigerator" barely kept our water cool.
Stay away from there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank geematt523
Reviewed 10 July 2012

went I get dear is 6.00 am, I ring the bell & 1/2 hours later the guy show up. then my room is smoke free, when I go in the odor are terrible, u can smell the tabaco, from the parkink lot. they tell you they have pool, that day the pool is empty, under construction, really is no good.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank 3monchitos
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We reserved a one night stay during a busy weekend. The photos of the place ( we found it under America's Best Inn and Suites) showed a bright, clean, updated facility.
We arrived to find a single row of rooms on a newly asphalt-painted (read stinks) parking lot. We were told our credit card had already been charged (it was about 4pm).
When we went to the room we found an delipitated space--dark orange painted walls, dark shag carpet, chipped table, large TV (very dated) and, the topper--- mold on the bathroom ceiling.
We did not stay. We were not given a refund, but are disputing the charge.
DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Ariandbob
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed here for a girls (4) getaway and we wanted to go away as soon as we walked through the door. Even though we noticed housekeeping making their rounds, our room was dirty. We were awaken the next morning at 7:00 a.m. and asked if we wanted our room cleaned, the early morning wakeup call was not appreciated. The bathroom came complete with a pubic hair on the shower curtain and a huge bug in the bathtub. Breakfast, while not worth mentioning, consisted of bagels w/cream cheese, juice and watery coffee. Our last night was the most interesting, our car battery died and after asking front desk for assistance, they advised us to search google. After locating a taxi driver who charged our battery for $20.00, we returned after dinner and walked into a sauna. Our room was so hot that we called maintenance. He checked our broken a/c and his response was "its going to be a hot night". We requesed a fan and to this day, I think he's still looking for one because we never saw him again. Needless to say the best part of our stay was the last day when we drove off.

Room Tip: if you're not planning on staying in your room, this motel is ideally located and you definitely...