“Typical Hampton but overpriced”

Hampton Inn Niagara Falls / Blvd
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Westlake, Ohio
“Typical Hampton but overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I always try to stay at a Hampton Inn when travelling; always have had a good experience and this was no exception. Room was clean, bed very comfortable (except pillows are too soft), very good breakfast, very typical of the Hampton chain. I was very disappointed though that this particular Hampton charged $199/night. That is the most I have EVER paid for a room at a Hampton, even in a more popular tourist area. This hotel probably was the closest Hampton to the falls, but was still several miles away and in a very busy, congested area right next to the off ramp of the interstate. I had read a review that said it could be noisy if you happened to have a room at the north end; unfortunately that is exactly where our room was but I did not think the traffic noise was that bad and it didn't bother us at night. Overall, I was happy with our stay at this Hampton, just wish it wasn't so pricey.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are directly next to interstate and exit ramp; some traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank be4mm
IAGAP-Hampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Niagara Falls / Blvd, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and received the Hamptonality we known for! We look forward to having you as our again if your travels bring you back to this area. Thank you again and have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Let me start off by saying I have been a Hilton Honors members for years. I am also a travel agent and send many clients to Hilton properties all over the US and world. Never have I been treated so badly at any of their properties, as I was at this Hampton Inn location. I booked this hotel for 2 rooms and 2 nights per room for myself and kids, as well as my sister-in-law and her kids that were traveling with us. It was a long 14 hour drive for us so we were wore out, to say the least! When we pulled up, we were pleased with the welcoming and well-lit exterior of the building. The lobby was both inviting and beautiful. Our first impression was that we were pleased with our choice. At the check-in counter is where the trouble began.

They told me two things: My credit card had expired and when they tried to send the deposit through that day, it would not go through so they were unable to hold our rooms. When I asked why they had not contacted me, they replied that they had called my home number and that I should have had my cell phone number listed.

Ok, so my first problem with what they told me about my expired credit card: As soon as I booked the rooms online, Hilton sent me an email asking me to update my credit card on file before the trip to avoid cancellation. I sent the update the exact same day that I received the email. I was sure I did, so I used my niece's laptop to look it up, and sure enough, the update was in there. Still, the front desk person told us he could not contact us because he didn't have my cell phone number and there was nothing he could do to help us find a room. He told us he only had 1 king room available, but we couldn't have it anyway because we had too many people. There was a concert in town and no rooms were available in Niagara Falls anywhere. So we sat in the lobby with no help from them, to try to find a room. We finally found one at a Wyndham property in another town but they could only accommodate us for one night, so we had to change locations, again!

My other problem with this hotel is that they told me they cancelled my room because of my card and did not have my cell phone number. The very next day, the hotel called me, on my CELL phone, to ask me if I wanted a room for the night. What??? They told me they didn't have my cell number, I did not give it to them the night before, and yet they were able to call and offer me a room? I just couldn't believe it. I also called home and asked my husband if Hampton had tried calling me that day, and no, not a single person had called my home number for me the day we were on our way to Niagara.

That tells me one thing. They lied. That had both my updated credit card information on file, as well as my cell phone number, and they had not tried to call my home phone. I believe they overbooked and needed to let some rooms go. We were stranded at 10 o'clock at night after a 14 hour drive with 8 family members having no place to sleep. Not once did they offer an apology or help us to find a new place to stay at a different location. NEVER have a I been treated so horrible, and I am a loyal Honors member with them! For someone who works in the travel industry, this was completely unacceptable. The customer is always right, always! No matter what!

We ended up staying at a Wyndham property in a nearby town. We told them what had happened and they said Hampton should have helped us find new accommodations, and should have picked up the bill. The following night we stayed at a Holiday Inn, and they told us the exact same thing. I will be contacting corporate office as well as my local Hilton Properties Representative.

9 Thank rlwidel
IAGAP-Hampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Niagara Falls / Blvd, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
We are sorry to hear we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. Please know that this is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again so we may show you the quality service and accommodations you expect and deserve.

Jonathan
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This newer hotel is all you would expect from a Hampton Inn stay. It was very clean, front desk staff were nice, and breakfast was good. It is not the closest Hampton Inn to Niagara Falls, but that was ok with us as we liked the crowded madness of that area at the end of the day. (It is still only a 10 minute drive from the falls). I would happily stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
IAGAP-Hampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Niagara Falls / Blvd, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay so much that you stay again. We strive to make sure every guest walks away as happy as you did. We look forward to having you as our guest again!

-Jonathan
Laurel, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Hampton Inn in Niagara Falls is outstanding in every way. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful with a multitude of questions that we had. The breakfast was one of the best that we have had. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

1 Thank Martha L
IAGAP-Hampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Niagara Falls / Blvd, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words about our new hotel and your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay so much that would recommend us to anyone. We strive to make sure every guest walks away as happy as you did. Thank you again and I hope you have a great day!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is new, has a convenient location, nice amenities like a pool, gym, wifi. The breakfast is decent. Rooms are clean. Good for the money we paid. The staff is helpful and nice. The kids loved the inside pool.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear our guests are enjoying our new hotel and receiving the Hamptonality we are known for. Thank you again and have a great day!
Lebanon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Staff were great, parking was easy and free. Rooms were excellent and complimentary breakfast was above and beyond expectations. We were vacationing to Niagara Falls and the distance from hotel to the park was and easy 4 mile drive. We also found the other attractions such as the Old Fort Niagara to be within a reasonable distance. I would advise a GPS system of some sort to navigate the tricky highway systems of the area.

2 Thank Roger K
Thank for taking the time to share your honest feedback about your recent stay with us and the adivce you shared to our future guests. I am happy to hear you found our new location convenient to the local attractions and you received the excellent service that the Hampton Inns are known for. Thank you again and I hope you have a great day!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We would have liked to have been within walking distance of the Falls near the park, but after much searching decided to stay here. We were glad we did! This property is quite new, located just off highway 190. The staff was friendly and the rooms were super clean and comfortable. The indoor pool area was kept very clean. It was rather small, but still large enough for our 8-year to enjoy after a long day at the park. The workout room was also very clean with ample choice of machines and weights. On-site washing machines were super convenient and completely spotless. Did I mention it was all very clean? If that is as important to you as it is to me, this is probably your best bet. Many of the other choices on the U.S. side look pretty tired and dated. Note: Wi-Fi was free our first night, but we were charged a small fee on the second night.

1 Thank sylvrunr
Thank you sharing such kind words about our hotel. I am happy to hear you felt as if every was new, nice and clean. We strive to make sure every guest walks away as happy as you did. We hope have you as our guest again if your travels ever bring you back to this area. Thank you again and have a great day!