“Definitely will stay again!”
Review of Falls Motel

Falls Motel
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Boaz, Alabama
“Definitely will stay again!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My fiance (now my wife) and I loved our stay at Falls Motel. The owners were exceptionally nice and helpful. They even provided us with a bottle of champagne on our wedding day. It is not a fancy place to stay and that was fine with us. We very much enjoyed the character and "homey" feel. We ended up there when the area received about 18 inches of snow. The owner met us in the parking lot at 11:30 at night to assist us getting into the driveway with all of the snow. They were out first thing the next morning taking great time and care to clear the parking lot. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had fresh towels every day and the room was cleaned. We couldn't have asked for a better stay. I will definitely book with them again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BoSox_Chic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brantford
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I usually stay at hotels when we travel, and while looking at reviews on Tripadvisor.ca we came across the Falls Motel. The reviews were very good and the price was great so we thought we'd try it out, and we are so glad we did. The motel was cozy, the owners were great and most of all it was very clean. We received a breakfast basket every day to our room, with a newspaper,and the owners were very friendly. From now on when we visit Niagara Falls NY, we will absolutely stay at the Falls Motel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KateLoker
Angus, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We having been trusting Falls Motel for all our trips to Niagara falls NY for almost 5 years now, whether it be for a quiet family getaway or our annual girls weekend shopping trips. The hospitality we received from the owners (Charles and Colin) makes you feel like family. From the simple yet super clean rooms, helpful maps and shopping tips, to the great little breakfast basket that awaits you in your room, everything is just perfect and at an affordable price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Mound, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 September 2013

we stayed two days the owners are very nice and helpful with info you need to see the falls and do things in the area, the roads were torn up in front of the hotel and so you need to take the long way around to get to the falls. the hotel will give you a ride to the falls area and come and get you as long as you call before 9:30. the rooms well they could have been cleaner tub very stained and bathroom so small you could barley turn around. Rooms smelled old and musty, I felt they were a little over priced for what you got. would stay at a different hotel if I went back to area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sheila V
Bountiful, Utah
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here in Aug, 2013 for 2 nights. The small motel was exactly what we were looking for. The first night we took a long walk to the Falls and were rewarded with an amazing sight and a torential downpour that lasted about 5 minutes and then cleared right up. The wonderful owners gave us a bus pass and we enjoyed the quick ride back to the motel on the bus for free.
We enjoyed 2 days seeing the Falls and taking the tours. We were instructed on what to see and do by the motel owners and they took pride, not only in their motel, but in helping their guests feel like guests. They gave us a great breakfast basket each day which we enjoyed taking with us and eating as we went.
The motel is old and small but well maintained and clean. The owners make it well worth staying. When we were there the city had the entire street torn up and it was harder to find and to get around but we were offered a ride if we wanted and just treated like family.
When we visit Niagara again we will definitely stay with our new friends again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank FatherOfEight
Montgomery
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here two nights in June 2013. The owners (father and son) are easy to talk to and very free with touristy advice. There is some road construction in the area, but they pointed out a very easy and quick way to get to Niagara State Park (and to restaurants and shopping).

We liked the room. It wasn't big, nor especially 'up to date" decor-wise, but it had the accoutrements we desire (fridge, microwave, tv, wi-fi, coffee). The contents of the breakfast basket (bananas, muffin, and fruity drink) were very easy to carry to the park and munch on as we looked at the falls.

This is a small, family-run motel, and the owners have to sleep sometime. So if you want current decor, large rooms, and 24/7 service, you might want to look elsewhere. But if you want functional rooms, useful amenities, owners who treat their guests as guests, and a convenient location, you might want to give this place a look.

If we were to do a return visit to Niagara Falls, we'd look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: If you are "on the fence" regarding two different sized rooms, I'd suggest getting the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jcha5
Lakewood, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed at Falls Motel on the night of June 29th, 2013, this place is only about 3.5 miles from the actual falls and looked small. The parking lot is a little tricky, since there is only 8 - 10 spots, but these spots are in the middle of the "U"-shaped motel, so be careful backing out! We checked in at about 4:30p where we parked in front of the office, which was very, very tiny, so don't bring in more than yourself if you're just checking in. The guys at the desk were the nicest guys I have ever met at a hotel/motel, they gave us 2 maps (even though were familiar with the area), a key to the room and our receipt -- this is also where I noticed the "Trip Advisor" sticker on the window. When we entered the room, the first thing we saw was a 2-person couch but the room also offered a twin sized bed, microwave, mini-fridge, desk, flat screen TV, a little closet with no door, which contained extra blankets and pillows. I immediately felt like I was in a log cabin because of the stone and wood walls, which I loved. The bathroom was nice and clean, it was full of mini shampoos, soaps, body washes and a hair dryer. The shower did not have a curtain but instead, a sliding glass door -- nice touch. My complaints of the bathroom are limited to 2 things:

1:) The shower pressure was not great. At times it felt as if I was not going to be able to get the shampoo out of my hair, and my body wash did not rinse off as nicely as it did at home, or even other motel/hotels
2:) Going again with the tiny-theme the room was small. I banged my elbows on the wall as I changed and dried myself off, I'm only 5' 11'' but still had a challenging time.

What I loved about this place too was that they offer a continental breakfast, but not the kind you are thinking of. Here the breakfast foods were placed in a plastic tray which consisted of: 2 Otis Spunkmeyer muffins, 2 Sam Club brand water bottles, 2 Minute Maid apple juice boxes and 2 bananas. I liked the fact that, this is the food you would be eating anyway, but it was already in your room, so there was no need to hurry and get ready to meet the often limited hours of breakfast at other places. Granted this wasn't a buffet, but still a really nice touch I wish I could elsewhere. Overall the place was nice, I'd say our room is defiantly recommended for couples [Room 8] because of the size and I give this place a 6.0/10.0 mainly because of its size. I'm not expecting Marriott-sized rooms, but it did seem a little squished at times, what drew me away from those things was the hospitality of the guys at the office. One guy actually came out and asked how we liked everything before we actually settled in -- also a nice tough.
Thank you, Falls Motel for having us!

Room Tip: Ask for Room 8. It's the only room with wood and stone walls inside, makes for a very nice atmo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family