The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent - close to the falls and attractions, as well as easy to find. The hotel staff were very friendly, and while the staff was showing us to our room, he even explained some of the hotel's history. The room itself was small, but decorated very nicely. Besides, in Niagara Falls there is so much to do, we did not spend the whole day in our room. The complimentary champagne, cheese plate and chocolates were also a nice touch! First hotel I have stayed at which offered such tokens! While I could rave on about the hotel, I wish I had skipped the restaurant. We decided to use our breakfast vouchers, and the service at the restaurant was terrible. It was not busy, there were 3 visible staff members, yet when we entered, we were not greeted, and waited a good 10 minutes before anyone acknowledged our table. When someone finally noticed us, we ordered drinks, which took forever, and when a waitress finally came to take our order, we hadn't even been given menus! When we finally got our food it was cold, and one person did not get what they ordered, yet the waitress argued saying that was what was ordered. To move on with our day we dealt with it since we had already been there over an hour! In summation, the hotel is excellent, but I'd skip the restaurant for breakfast, better yet, there is a tim hortons nearby!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, choose one on the new part of the hotel, or if you have a group, get the 2...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chelsy a
Ryan A, General Manager at The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks. The staff at the Red Coach takes a great deal of pride in delivering excellent service at all times. The view of the rapids really are spectacular from the Hotel's vantage point. We look forward to being your host on your next visit to the Falls.

Ryan Abbott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We wanted to stay somewhere close on the U.S. side, since we were only staying one night and we didn't want to spend our precious time on a bridge crossing over to Canada. I loved that I had the option of a non-chain and it had some history. A charming property. Loved that breakfast was included and that it was not just some bagels or cereal. I had their crab omelette - very yummy! A couple of cons: our air conditioner was broken and made the room extremely hot to sleep in. I only stayed at the Red Coach for one night so perhaps if I was staying longer they would have had a chance to fix it. Due to the lack of a fan in the bathroom, I think using Tilex or something to cut on mildew would be helpful. Bathroom wasn't all that dirty, but I could tell that mildew is an issue amongst grout lines and caulking. If returning to the falls, I would for sure go back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to know when our guest have had a memorable experience. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Best place we have ever stayed! The staff are amazing! So polite and accommodating. The restaurant was fantastic. Great service and friendly bar staff. Short 5 min walk to the falls. Could not have been closer. Will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Tennessee2512
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed all of the amenities at the Red Coach Inn. The staff takes a great deal of pride in delivering excellent service. We look forward to your next visit.

Dunnellon, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

So many Pros: staff professionalism, decor, bed comfort, spaciousness, proximity to the falls (any closer and I'd be wet), quietness, whirlpool tub, walk-in shower, soft water, delicious food, whole kitchen to myself, free parking on premises, outrageous views and sounds of rapids and Canada, Bose stereo...
So few Cons: ice maker didn't work (either not plumbed in, or broken).
Thanks a million!

Room Tip: go as high as possible (3rd floor), face attractions (Buffalo Ave), get a suite (1 BR, 1Bath will ge...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GT10257
Ryan A, General Manager at The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments, it is our pleasure to serve our guest with the best experience in lodging . I will relay to my staff your comments and welcome you back.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the beautiful Red Coach Inn this spring for a romantic get away. The fact that this B&B is located so close to the falls makes this place incredible. I woke up in the morning opened the window and sat there listening to the roar of the falls. That memory alone will stay with me forever. The room went above and beyond our expectations. My only suggestion is that the cleaning crew spend a little more time on the shower/tub area. I have suggested this place to all my friends. Actually my best friend just stayed there last week and she agrees with me. The absolute best place to stay in Niagara Falls.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J0M0J0

Key West, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We saw the reviews for the hotel and my wife was looking forward to staying at a place other than a "cookie cutter" chain hotel so we booked here. My wife and I stayed here on a quick trip to Niagara Falls, we arrived at the property later at night (10:30 PM) after about a 35 minute drive from Buffalo Airport and through trial and error we found the parking in the hotel courtyard. Next we circled the property a few times to try to figure out how to check in to get the room key since all the main hotel doors were locked (but the late check-in process may have been a detail we missed when booking). We found a note at the front door that provided a number to call after hours so I called the number and continued to search for an unlocked door. When we called, the number the person who answered was friendly and she asked if we saw the lockboxes, which we didn't (because we didn't remain at the main door) and she was not familiar with the property enough to tell us the lockboxes (they ended up being little real-estate type black lockboxes) were located on the handrail near the main entrance. Once we found the lockboxes and were given the code, we got the room key and found our room. The bed was comforatable, the bedding under the comforter was clean, and this property has a lot of potential to rank right up there with many of the other well known/chain hotels because it has so much character but is well-used. The room overall was nice and was remeniscent of an apartment I stayed at in England with the decor but we did feel that the comforters and seat by the table could have used a replacement and we feel that the tub jets could have been cleaned better (appeared to have pink mold around the nozzles in our room). It was a nice surprise to find cheese, fruit and crackers wrapped on a plate and waiting in the fridge that worked great for a light snack after traveling since there wasn't anything else open in the immediate area within walking distance. Additionally, although the service was a little slow for breakfast, the food was worth the wait and we both enjoyed what we chose and the vouchers for breakfast (included with the room cost) made it just that much better. Finally, the location is perfect to take a decent walk to the NY State park to see the American and Horseshoe falls on the US side. It wasn't a bad hotel by any means and as I've stated it has great potential to be a neat little hotel that offers character that chain hotels can rarely offer. I think that despite the small disappointments we experienced with the over-used bedspread/chair and vague after-hours check in process we would still stay here again over a chain hotel if we visit the area again. Now that we have been through the after hours check-in process once, we wouldn't have hesitation or concern with the late check-in process and will likely return to this property on future trips.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SMRose3
Ryan A, General Manager at The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. It is our goal to provide the highest level of customer service. We rely on our guests to let us know when we have fallen short. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Despite being a new-ish college grad on a tight budget, I booked a room at the Red Coach Inn because it was my first trip to Niagara Falls and the inn looked so darn cute on its website.

Pros: I was in the Trafalgar Room and the decor was adorable. The front-desk staff was friendly and courteous and walked me to my room after I checked in; classical music was blasting from the radio and there was free champagne in the fridge. It was awesome. The location was also super convenient, within walking distance of the bridge to Goat Island and also maybe a 15-minute walk from Rainbow Bridge.

Cons: I didn't realize the room would open up right to the parking lot in the back of the hotel. Because I was a single female staying by myself, if I'd known that, I probably would have booked a room on the second floor just because I tend to obsess a little more over security concerns. I also wasn't able to get wifi in my room after numerous attempts over 2 days.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Lai W
Ryan A, General Manager at The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We will make sure and share your wonderful feedback with our staff!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa
Hampton Inn Niagara Falls
Hampton Inn Niagara Falls
#6 of 50 in Niagara Falls

Been to The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel? Share your experiences!