“Basic, clean and convenient”

Comfort Inn The Pointe
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Spent New Year's Eve here. The Hard Rock New Year's Eve bands and guitar drop were right outside the back door, which was wonderful for us, since it was absolutely freezing out! It was only about a 5-7 min. walk down to the casino where we went for the midnight buffet. The room was clean, tasteful, and beds (and pillows) were very comfortable. They have a good sized, free breakfast buffet in the lower lever in the morning. We visited, but did not use, the exercise room which had only 3 pieces of equipment and a TV but had towels available right there. There is a Niagara Falls items/themed gift shop. No pool.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Tricia M, General Manager at Comfort Inn The Pointe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your New Years celebration. I am so pleased that you enjoyed what Niagara Falls had to offer on this special eve !
Thank you for your posivive feedback on our hotel - it is most appreciated.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn The Pointe

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Nice hotel, next to the Falls. Un construction now, but not really any trouble wth that. Room was ok, staff very nice. When remolded, it will be very nice & it is a great value for the $. Booked the room, online only about 2 hours before we arrived & everyhting was fine. Room overlooked the rapids & very beautiful in the winter, a must see!
Only problem was, the folks in the next room (adult parents of a school team) partied until after midnight & were very loud, Walls seemed thin then, but after the party broke up the room was nice & quite. We didn't call the deck, we didn't want to make waves, so we just stayed up until they were done.
Other than that ie was good & I'm sure we will stay again. We visit Niagara Falls very often.

Room Tip: Breakfast room is very large, nice & clean & different stations for food, so not to much wai...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chaun H

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are pleased that you found our hotel to be a great value. The location is indeed convenient for visiting the Falls -- which is beautiful in the wintertime.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of the guest next door to you. I hope that they did not spoil your visit.

We hope that you will come and stay with us again

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We visited the falls on the day before Christmas with first snow of the season. Everything in town were closed and the best place was in the hotel.
The location was great. You will not find any closer to the falls than this hotel. It was very helpful when it was snowing and you need to walk to see the falls. Room was good, very comfortable pillows (hard and soft pillows). Bed had some magic that you will be very lazy and don't want to get up.
Breakfast had everything you need from coffee, egg, meat, fruits, waffle etc.
I would recommend this hotel for those who don't want to stay on Canadian site and want to only walk over there.
Ask for room with view in the high floor and you will fell really part of the falls.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor with view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank space_eagle9

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so pleased that you found your stay to be so enjoyable. Niagara Falls is a great place to visit all year round. We hope that you will come back and see us again. Your recommendation is most appreciated.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We visited in the winter and was really glad that the hotel is so close to the falls! We could walk easily to enjoy the views at both the US and Canadian side. The hotel room was clean with comfortable beddings, and we enjoyed the breakfast offered. I would highly recommend this hotel for its convenience and comfort.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LThang

The Falls are truly magnificient in the winter ! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for your recommendation, it is appreciated.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Before reserving rooms for some friends and myself, I read all of the previously written reviews. I was a little sceptical because of the range of ratings, and when I spoke with the staff on the phone they were very polite and changed my mind; we booked three rooms. When we arrived, I began to have second thoughts again because the check-in desk clerks did not seem to very friendly. Once we were checked in, we went to our rooms and the rooms were neat and clean. My room faced the falls and it was a beautiful view and really close to the falls.

The next day, I had to check out the breakfast. Not bad. There was plenty of everything; sausage, eggs, breads, yogurt, waffles, juice, etc. It was very crowded so I took my meal to my room. While going to my door, I saw the staff cleaning rooms. I was asked if I wanted my room done and I didn't because we had just arrived the night before. She said "are you sure?" "Do you need anyhing?" She was very willing to help and she was very friendly. Now...to the beds.

The beds were extremely comfortable and the pillows were perfect; both soft and firm. All in all, I was very pleased with this hotel. It was very quiet and is in a great location. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the falls.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nancy P
Tricia M, General Manager at Comfort Inn The Pointe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for you positive feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the breakfast to be good and plentiful, and the housekeeping staff to be friendly and helpful.
I am sorry we fell a bit shy of your expectations with the staff on arrival - that is not our guests usual experience.We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Ask for rooms 319,320, 419, 420 etc and you will have a great view of the rapids leading to the American side of this icon! The queen suite room had a very comfy bed and a deep jacuzzi bath that we made the most of. There are lots of shops and eateries just a short walk from the hotel and the Niagara Falls park and views are only a 5 minute stroll away. I recommend this hotel very highly! The staff are polite and helpful, the breakfast buffet is included in the 69 dollar a night fee...the room was clean and everything was convenient. Loved drifting off to sleep AT&T he sound of the rapids! Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kellie S
Tricia M, General Manager at Comfort Inn The Pointe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and recommendation -- the sound of the falls is indeed soothing !
We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times and as always have many great things to say. The hotel staff are always friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and newly updated. Breakfast in the morning a fantastic touch with lots of choices. We like this hotel because of the fact it is within a 2 block walking distance to the casino. It's also not far from the outlet mall

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Tricia M, General Manager at Comfort Inn The Pointe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased that you continue to return to our hotel. I will pass your positive comments on to my staff. They are truly appreciated. We certainly look forward to your next visit.