“Okay”

Comfort Inn The Pointe
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 29 September 2010

This hotel property has clearly been around a while. However, we went to Niagara Falls to enjoy the natural beauty of this area , not to spend the day inside a hotel room. So it really wasn't necessary for the hotel to be a four star property. It was a comfortable room to sleep in. The continental breakfast was minimal, but anytime you don't have to pay additonal for a meal, that's a good thing . This hotel IS the closest to the American Falls, which is very convenient. The Casino is within walking distance, if you were interested in that activity. The hotel was adequate for what we needed it to be.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn The Pointe

Reviewed 21 September 2010

I had done a lot of research on the motels in the area. And the Pointe was a good choice. The location was great. We left our van in the parking lot and walked to everything. We got there around noon our room was not ready. So we used the restrooms and walked across the street to the park and started having fun. The trolley on the US side was great. And using the People Mover bus system on the Canadian side was great. The night show was great. The second night my spouse went onto the Rainbow Bridge to see if it was a better view. To his surprise there were no people on the bridge. And he had a great view of both falls to video. No fridge or microwave in room. Only down side.

Reviewed 18 September 2010

I did a lot of research before picking my hotel for the weekend and it all paid off. This hotel has a lot of good reviews, so I decided this would be my hotel for the trip. I am happy I picked the Comfort Inn - The Point. It was perfect. The hotel is within walking distance to everything. The park is across the street, we got misted from the falls in the parking lot. The room was very clean there was some hair in the shower but no one is perfect. I do have a fear of bugs when I stay in hotels so I take apart the beds and check for them at every hotel as soon as I get there. The beds here were spotless, they looked brand new, although I think they are a few years old. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.
The staff was also great. They have maps and will give you directions to anywhere you want to go. We arrived at the hotel at 9 a.m. and our check in was not till 3 but we were able to leave our car in the parking lot, use the restrooms, and just get organized for the day. I thought that was nice that we were able to use the hotel before check inn. Also there is a lot of free parking at the hotel. Also check out the Niagara Falls visitor center for package rates on all the attractions, they have good discounts. The website is Niagara-usa.com.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2010

MY fiance and I stayed here over the labor day weekend and were pleasently surprised. The price was decent, the staff was very friendly, and the location cannot be beat. We parked the car and did not get in it again until we left. The hotel is 50 feet from the state park and we could hear the rapids from our room. We also own a commercial cleaning company and would kill to have the cleaning staff that this hotel has! The rooms were spotless! The continental breakfast in the morning is the typical hotel meal. but hey, it's included and tasted good. I would stay here again anytime!

Reviewed 16 September 2010

Within walking distance of the Falls, Cave of the Winds, and Maid of the Mist tour. Hotel is comfy and staff friendly. close to Hard Rock Cafe. Be sure to bring a change of clothes, do Maid of the Mist first, you well get a little wet, then do Cave of the Winds, you well get VERY wet, but what a thrill to be so close to the falls!. At night the falls are lite up with colored lights. It's fun to get up close and see the lights but you might also want to see them from the Canadian side. The Comfort Inn is a great base to start you visit.

Reviewed 13 September 2010

I stayed two nights at the Comfort Inn while visiting Niagara Falls recently. The location was great, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the staff friendly and very accomodating with recommendations for dinner options and visiting the Canadian side of the Falls, making change for vending machine use, and even granting me access to a staff computer for a quick airline check-in. The included complimentary breakfast was more than adequate for my needs. The only complaint I would have is that ice and vensing machines are not located on every floor.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We stayed here for one night (room with two double beds) because of its easy access to the Falls. Yes its very close to see the Falls for both US and Canada side. We stayed here but actually visited the Falls in Canada which really are so easy to get to just for the day. This hotel was fine for our one night stay as we were out most of the time and only really went back to sleep. It was a tired looking hotel. I would stay again if I was visiting the Falls just for the day but that is all. Its very quiet the USA side of the Falls - it definitely is all happening on the Canada side.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family