“Great value”

The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here recently. I was on business and the rooms at the Sheraton were $249/nt which was beyond my budget. We stayed 3 nts for less than that.
The experience was very pleasant. Staff were very attentive, room was clean and comfortable. We had asked for extra pillows and they were in the room when we arrived. Refrigerator in room.
The location is perfect for anyone interested in seeing the falls. It is one block from the park and trolley. The casino and conference center are 2 blocks away. Lots of international travelers.
We skipped the breakfast buffet and ordered from the menu. Service was great the first morning but so so the next. Starbucks is 2 blocks away.
Definitely worth staying here especially on a budget.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the hall. You can't really see the falls due to the trees.
There are newer reviews for The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls

Reviewed 7 October 2011

At first glance this seems like a fairly average Holiday Inn. When you get past the lobby the place show signs of needing some SERIOUS re-hab. The halls of the hotel are badly beaten, scuff marks on walls, floors showing signs or cracking and other evidence of deterioration. The rooms are acceptable at first glance, but on a closer look they need some extra cleaning. The AC vents are covered with dirt & lint and the wood laminate floors really need a good mopping. If you have a low threshold for cleanliness, you'll probably be ok here. Another tell tale sign that this place is on the decline was info we received from the coffee bar Barista. We tried to order an espresso but learned that their espresso machine broke a few months ago and was never replaced.

Holiday Inn needs to get someone from the corporate level out to look at this property, it gives their brand a bad name...

Room Tip: Maybe try another Holiday Inn?
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Hugemaniac1
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I was so disappointed with this Holiday Inn, I had to share my experience. Upon arrival on Sunday, I was told that I did not have a reservation. After 45min, I insisted that I get a room. I had provided my registration and proof it was received, and was finally given a room. Upon leaving the hottest elevator I have ever rode on, I entered the hallway,the carpets were filthy, it smelled like mold and there was garbage in the halls. but there was a big sign in the elevator which stated that the hotel was going to get new carpets in October!!.I entered my room, and it smelled very strong of bleach,Thinking that it the smell would be gone in a few hours, I didn't complain. but the room smelled for the entire 3 days. If I turned on the air, it was worse. The windows do not open, and the toilets are lucky to flush. I will say that my room attendent did do a great job of making the bed and providing me with fresh towels. The staff in our dining area for breakfast were polite and helpful. The hotel manager Gayle was unprofessional and the sales manager who handled our group was as bad. I had provided them with my paperwork that was faxed and the confirmation as well, our group was to check in on Sunday but the date on our form was Saturday, even though they told me that I didn't have a reservation, they charged my credit card for that Saturday as a no show...I intend to dispute this charge for this day..not fair, not professional. Stay somewhere else...unless you have a gas mask you will be sick you spent your money on this place. I will never be back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
11  Thank L K
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This a former Four Points By Sheraton Hotel. Looks like Holiday Inn bought it few years ago and want to make profit before to go with total renovation, and not only face lifting. It really sounds, like 5 - 7 years ago it was very nice place. As of now dirty carpet, bad smell, the whole hotel need to be renovated - it scratched, damaged, and outdated everywhere. Even with that - it is NOT bad. What was really bad - smell from heater/AC, IT was Terrible. I did try to change the room, but they were sold-out, so they tried to clean this thing . No real success. Unfortunately that kind of smell you can feel every there inside hotel, with Lobby floor exception. Nice Breakfast-buffet (6.30am - 11am) for $10.95 + tax + tip, so total around $13 per person. Very nice bed, mattress, cushions, bed linens! Very convenient location in regard of Niagara Falls Park and city itself. Big, free parking. Nice free WiFI internet everywhere. Very nice front-desk service. I wood say for the price below $70 - $80 it will be not bad choice, over wise just wait until they done with complete renovation, They will start it in October!

Room Tip: turn on AC/Heater and check it in regard of smell.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2011

From the moment that I arrived, the staff was welcoming and friendly. Check in and check out was a breeze. Located b/w Buffalo ave and rainbow avenue, the hotel was easy to find. Plenty of free parking available that was a plus.

With in walking distance to the falls and to souvenir shops. My husband attended a class at the conference center. It, too, was within walking distance. The casino (which I didn't go to) was within walking distance.

The room was clean and had no bed bugs! A sign in the elevator read that the hotel will be renovated in October. My room was modern so it must be the hallways that will be renovated.

The downside, only one, was the fact that very few television channels are available. If you like ESPN, then, you will be happy. There must be about 4 ESPN channels.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

For the place the hotel is slightly away from the main attraction. The hotel in general was good but when we visited it was empty. There was a casino in front of the hotel which was a positive. Rooms were well done and clean.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank AmitKishore
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Usually, a Holiday Inn has something special to offer. This place is nothing special. I had stayed at the crowne plaza the night before and received spectacular service. This location was definitely a letdown compared to both other Holiday Inns and the crowne plaza. The room itself was clean and livable but the service was terrible. The front desk clerk did not even get up to great us. She just asked us what we wanted. Obviously, i would like to check in! She checked us in and then saw my kids and made an aside to the maid on duty that she hated kids, while my kids and i were standing there!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family