The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls
Ranked #29 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 31 August 2012

The hotel interior is not at all what we expect from the name Holiday Inn. And, most disappointing of all, the breakfast was less than mediocre --- only 4 different items, two of which was pork, and we don't eat pork. Otherwise, given the location, this should've been a much better experience.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank cartesx

Reviewed 29 August 2012

My husband and I stayed there for 4 nights, we enjoyed it. The room was large and there was a flat screen tv, free wifi, coffee maker, aircon. The location was great, a short walk away from the falls and state park also to the Seneca casino. They watched our luggage after we checked out as we walked around. The Peppertree Restaurant downstairs was a bit pricey

Room Tip: We stayed in room 500, nice view of Canada. There were two queen beds. Very spacious. It was a bit n...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This hotel was a little high priced,($159 a night) but I knew it would be considering it is a tourist area. In another area I would guess the value of this room to be $69 a night. The room was clean which is the main priority for me and my family (the hallways were a little dirty) the beds were decent. The air conditioner in the room (#502) did not work, we had a very hard time falling asleep, it was just too hot. Also, the hallways are not air conditioned. The pool and hot tub are on the small side. The employees, were friendly enough. I requested extra pillows and they were in the room when we checked in. A continental breakfast would be nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Any issues with air conditioning units can be repaired immediately by our engineer department 24 hours a day.

We offer a large Atrium, pool, and Jacuzzi area on the lobby floor of our hotel. This area also includes an arcade, fitness center, and lounge.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Lovely staff particularly Eleana who works in the hotel bar. Gets to know the guests speaks to everyone a genuinely nice person.
The hotel is within walking distance of the falls which is fantastic as is the rest of the park. Aside from this there is not much else to do in the hotels immediate vicinity.

Room Tip: Room cleanliness very good however the areas such as pool area required a good clean and refurbishme...
1  Thank rhona h
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Location is great, room is ok, front desk and housekeeping extremely pleasant. In each room the Pergo floors are warping, shower is worn and dingy, and the common areas of the hotel range from moderately dirty to filthy. We stayed two evenings, I have nothing but good things to say about front desk and room housekeeping staff; however, the hotel or servicing of the hotel is where the issues are. These include; temperature control in the hallways,overflowing trash and vomit at the entryways to the hotel that remained as such until late in the day. The carpeting approaching the restaurant appeared as though it had not been vacuumed in some time. The morning grab and go area had sugar and coffee spills as early as 7:00 a.m. I asked for cream for my coffee and the attendent dropped the pump bottle on the floor (nozzle down) and proceeded to hand it to me without washing it. I took an unintentional elevator ride to the basement, and although I didn't exit the elevator, I could see the atrocious mess and odor outside the door. The attentive housekeeper was apologetic in my discovery. Unfortunately, there were mechanical and technical issues. Pool was being serviced, and one elevator was broken resulting in numerous delays. As a platinum member, I frequent the Holiday Inn line on a regular basis, this location is not what I would expect from a Holiday Inn. The front desk and room housekeepers are to be commended for their efforts; but this hotel is need of a thorough clean up!

Reviewed 11 August 2012

This place must have been one of the earliest Holiday Inns. They have some wonderful old pictures of the motel hanging in the lobby. The hotel looks like it underwent a major renovation in the 90's and they at least enclosed the hallways. True to it's name, this place is fine if you are on holiday and pretty budget conscious. If you are a business traveler, you'll hate the thin doors, busloads of tourists and confusing hallways. Spend an extra $10 and stay at one of the brand new places across from BUF.

Room Tip: The second floor is confusing and there are no elevators (they hadn't been invented when this bu...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The rooms were clean that was about the only thing good with our stay here. First we stopped by early to see if we could park our car there, they said we were able to check in early but our view would be of the vent (roof) and we probably wouldn't want that. We said no and we'd wait for our original room. We still ended up with that view. The hot tub wasn't working on our stay. We had four people staying in our room, we stayed for 3 nights and couldn't get them to leave enough items for all four of us to shower any of the time even though my husband went to the desk and asked for it to be changed. We had two younger kids with us that couldn't even take a showere because the stopper wasn't there. Worse of all when we went to check out the price I was given on the phone for our AAA membership WASN'T UPHELD!!! And Don't get a room with the breakfast deal because it ISN'T a DEAL at all They charge you and extra $20 for it to your room price and that is the cost of the normal breakfast buffet and there is cheaper breakfast offered on the menu and the extra $20 won't be add to your room bill for the taxes. i ENJOYED THE FALLS BUT IF WE (WHEN) WE VISIT AGAIN WE WON'T BE STAYING AT THE HOLIDAY INN ON BUFFALO AVE.!!! WHEN I ASKED TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE HIGHER UP THAT THE MANAGER BEHIND THE DESK i OF COURSE GOT NO ONE IS HERE AND WHEN I CALLED AND FINALLY GOT AHOLD OF THE MANAGER HERSELF SHE WAS VERY RUDE ON THE PHONE WITH ME!! NOT AT ALL IMPRESSED WITH THE MANAGEMENT OR THEIR GUARENTEE FOR LOW PRICES. When I told the lady the price i was given with the AAA member ship she said there is no way or rates don't go that low, but right beside was a guy checking in on a Thursday (we stayed Mon-Thurs morning) who got a room with 2 queen beds (the same we had) for $20 cheaper than the quote I was given for my AAA membership. I was also given the excuse that Mon - wed are more expensive because they are overflow from the weekend. This is also not true if you check the prices of the hotel and other hotels mon -thurs are usually a little cheaper. So I DO NOT recommend this hotel at all!!!! I also agree that the hot tub is very small and didn't look very clean not even working on our visit. There are other hotels closer or just as close that also offer free parking and is within walking distance to the falls that I will check into if we visit the area again.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay Don't do the free breakfast NOT A GOOD DEAL AT ALL and the view from th...
2  Thank Michele C
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

We offer many complimentary amenities at our hotel. They are available 24 hours at the front desk, or to be brought up to room by housekeeping. Tub stoppers can be replaced immediately by our staff members.
The hotels located on the American side of the falls do not directly face the falls. We have rooms located on the Canadian side of the building which face the Niagara River, state park, and Canadian buildings.
The discount AAA rate available does not include breakfast. To have breakfast included with your room at our hotel, you have to book the breakfast package which is a separate rate.