We have stayed here a number of times over the last 4 years, and find this hotel a consistent, safe choice based on personal experience. During this time the hotel has had the same manager, and she has always done an excellent job at rectifying the few problems we have encountered.
Stayed on a saturday in late march for another trip to the Leary Theater at Niagara University, which is about 10-15 minutes away. Check in was quick, and a smoking king was assigned to us, per our request.
Room 430 was clean, well maintained, and the mini-fridge and cableTV worked perfectly. The faux hardwood floors always make the room feel fresh, and the bedding and furniture are in excellent shape. If memory serves, the complete makeover of the rooms began around 2009-2010, and the smoking rooms look as good as new. The bathroom was spotless (see pic), with good water pressure. Drain was slow with the water on full blast.
Their hotel restaurant is dependable for large tasty dishes. The quality and pricing are similar to that of the big chains Fridays/Champs/Houlihan's - a filling & hearty American meal at market prices. The indoor pool hot tub area was closed for remodeling, but if it is up to par with the other remodeling we have witnessed, it will be welcoming soon enough.
The true excellence here is the location, which simply can't be beat. In winter you can see and hear the rumble of the rapids from some of the guest rooms, and the NY State Park is directly across the street. Seneca Niagara Casino is a 2 minute drive, as is the Hard Rock cafe and bridge to Canada. The area is completely walkable during tourist season, maybe less so on cold and dark winter nights.
The staff was helpful and courteous, as they always are. I overhead walk-ins being quoted prices $5 below our rate of $104. I'm certain the prices get much higher in summertime, but there's a lot of value here.
I highly recommend this hotel based on not just our experiences here, but based on enjoyable stays at varying other properties in Niagara Falls, New York.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Niagara Falls hotel offers the perfect location on the New York and Canada border Welcome to the Holiday Inn Niagara Falls hotel. Located at the Ontario, Canada and New York border, our hotel at Niagara Falls is close to not only the falls but many other area attractions as well. Leisure travelers can enjoy our location because of its close proximity to the Niagara Falls. Our hotel puts you right at one of the most beautiful wonders of the world. Other attractions within five miles of our property include downtown Niagara Falls, the Maid of the Mist Boat Tour, Goat Island, Cave of the Winds, the Niagara Scenic Trolley and the Aquarium of Niagara. In addition to its close proximity to area attractions, our hotel near Niagara Falls is also close to many corporations, including the New York Power Authority, Americom, Noco Energy and Olin. In addition, the Niagara Falls International Airport (NIA) and the Buffalo International Airport (BUF) are less than 15 miles from our hotel. If you're looking for a family hotel in Niagara Falls, you've come to the right place. Our accommodations have your comfort in mind with amenities that include a heated, indoor pool and a fitness center. Other amenities include an on-site restaurant, a 24-hour business center and complimentary high-speed Internet access. When looking for the best Niagara Falls hotel, end your search at the Holiday Inn Niagara Falls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Expedia, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Holiday Inn Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Holiday Inn
- Four Points Niagara Falls