I collect IHG reward points so I was surprised when they would not allow me to collect points on this stay because I was on a group rate. This is the second time this has happened to me in last three stays at a Holiday Inn. Odd. Anyway, we got checked in, got into a really smokey smelling elevator and then the room keys would not work. Not a great start.
We got past that. We went to the breakfast buffet in the am. We took one look at the awful food that looked like it had been on the buffet for a very long time and decided to go the safe route and order off the menu. Bad idea. Terrible. The waitress treated our entire group of fifteen like an inconvenience to her.
That evening, the fire alarm went off at 3am. Nice. The entire hotel in the lobby in PJ's, most of us with 11 yr olds in tow. So we go out for breakfast the next am, outside the hotel, then come back to the hotel to find out that they were offering free breakfast due to the fire alarm. Thing is you had to go to the restaurant to find out!!
We asked for a late checkout, and got a real snippy front desk girl lecturing us on how she would have to give it to everyone if she gave it to us,e tc etc. Overall, terrible customer service. I would NOT stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Niagara Falls hotel offers the perfect location on the New York and Canada border Welcome to the Holiday Inn Niagara Falls hotel. Located at the Ontario, Canada and New York border, our hotel at Niagara Falls is close to not only the falls but many other area attractions as well. Leisure travelers can enjoy our location because of its close proximity to the Niagara Falls. Our hotel puts you right at one of the most beautiful wonders of the world. Other attractions within five miles of our property include downtown Niagara Falls, the Maid of the Mist Boat Tour, Goat Island, Cave of the Winds, the Niagara Scenic Trolley and the Aquarium of Niagara. In addition to its close proximity to area attractions, our hotel near Niagara Falls is also close to many corporations, including the New York Power Authority, Americom, Noco Energy and Olin. In addition, the Niagara Falls International Airport (NIA) and the Buffalo International Airport (BUF) are less than 15 miles from our hotel. If you're looking for a family hotel in Niagara Falls, you've come to the right place. Our accommodations have your comfort in mind with amenities that include a heated, indoor pool and a fitness center. Other amenities include an on-site restaurant, a 24-hour business center and complimentary high-speed Internet access. When looking for the best Niagara Falls hotel, end your search at the Holiday Inn Niagara Falls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Holiday Inn Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Holiday Inn
- Four Points Niagara Falls