“HORRIBLE... HORRIBLE... HORRIBLE...”

The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 7 May 2014

First of all, let me say that due to my job I have traveled a lot and stayed at many different hotels. This hotel was one of the worst experiences I ever had. I stayed at this hotel only one night (I could afford to stay longer so I cut my reservation short) and it was a horrible experience.

First of all, it is not a cheap place at all. When we arrived, I had to go between the room and reception 3 times because the cards weren't properly set up by one of the receptionists. It took me 20 minutes to get in my room after checking in. The room was completely dark as there was another building right next to the hotel and it was completely blocking the day light. The most horrible thing was the bath tube was very dirty from the previous visit and it wasn't cleaned for us. I know that the hotel beds are usually softer but this bed was extremely soft and very uncomfortable. I had a very unpleasant experience with this hotel and will never ever use again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank H7555
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear H7555, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on our hotel. We are truly sorry that you found the condition of your guest room to be uncomfortable and that the price of the room was too high. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide superior accommodations and guest service to all our guests. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. Sincerely, Gayle Nowak.

There are newer reviews for The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel is located in ideal spot however it definitely needs updating. I was willing to look past this but unfortunately this hotel has thieves. I realized about 2 hours after checkout that I left my glasses in the cubby hole of the bathroom. Totally my fault. When I call to inquire about it, I was told nothing was found. I called again once I fully unpacked and knew I had left it there and again, no one was helpful or sympathetic. I understand it was my fault and I was willing to pay for the delivery of this item to my home but I don't appreciate the fact that this hotel staff has stolen a pair of glasses. Their lack of urgency in locating the glasses or being helpful shows in the total operation of this hotel. I would not recommend to a friend or family member.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Annera

Dear Annera, I would like to thank you for staying with us and leaving your honest feedback on our hotel. I am glad that you found our location to be convenient for you needs. Please accept our sincere apologies for our staff not being able to locate your glasses that were left behind. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our customer service. Thank you again; we hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to show you how wonderful our hotel truly is. Sincerely, Gayle Nowak.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Where to start?
Elevators need some attention, hotel employees all in different uniforms, if that's what you would call them. Very unprofessional looking. Bathroom fan perhaps cleaned about 1-2 years ago. The beds were squeaky and all springs, not comfortable AT ALL! Our door handle to the room was hanging broken, had to slam door to have it lock and the pool was not open at the specified time because of being shocked. Could this not have been done when they closed it instead of Saturday morning?! The snack area was convenient, however dated, dark, utensils stored unsanitary and the clerk was on her phone and organizing her purse. The positives: the pillow choices in the rooms, the counter space in the bathroom, location to falls.
I would just drive and stay in Buffalo as the American side is run down and not much besides the Falls and about 10 Indian Restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Jaw0821
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Jaw0821, I would like to thank you for leaving us your honest feedback on our hotel. We rely on you, our guests, to let us know how we are doing and how to better meet your needs. I am very sorry that you experienced any inconvenience while you were staying with us. We who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our customer service and products. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose IHG for your travel needs. Sincerely, Gayle Nowak

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here only 1 night (thankfully) and it has been our worst nights sleep. The beds had a terrible sag in them & were especially squeaky. You could hear the other guests down the hallway & in their bathrooms. We were not advised of the complimentry breakfast on check-in, it was only after we checked out that I read of this. The children did enjoy the pool & it was nice to walk to dinner and around Goat Island.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jessiesfamily

Dear Jessiesfamily, thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on our hotel. It is great to know your children enjoyed our pool and you appreciated our convenient location. We are truly sorry that you found the condition of the bed you received less than satisfactory. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you and provide you with exceptional service. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon. Sincerely, Gayle Nowak

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is a King Suite, booked with 3 guests. The room was on the 4th floor but right behind the slooow elevator. Imagine hearing guests exiting and entering the escalator all night, with the non-existent sound-proofing in place.

Remember about the 3 guests? Well, the washroom had 3 sets of towels all right, but only 1 set of shampoo and body wash? A call to the front desk resulted in a person (note: he did not look like a hotel employee, with no uniform), bringing up a handful of small bottles. However, after closing the door, I realized that they were all shampoo and conditioner. We ended up using soap.

Then the fun part: I did need another couple more bath towels so I requested them at the front desk again. They did not come after over a half hour. I called again, and they finally arrived after another 15 minutes. All SIX of them. SIX?

This place needs a serious update (on property and service) before I will reconsider staying here again.

Room Tip: Do not pick low-numbered rooms (eg. 505, etc.).
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MARK L
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear MARK L, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us your honest feedback on our hotel. We who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our customer service. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose IHG for your travel needs. Sincerely, Gayle Nowak

Reviewed 13 April 2014

OK, the hotel was good too. It is a Holiday Inn and you get what you expect from Holiday in. I would give them 3-4 stars over all but the best part was the Restaurant. The best part of the restaurant was our server "Sam". She was great. Funny, attentive and a great ambassador for the Holiday Inn. 5 Stars for Sam! Oh, I recommend the Onion Soup and the Mussels Bowl!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hjnicols
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The property is not well taken care of, the pool was broken, ceiling tiles damaged from water.
The floor were not swept very bad in elevators and hallways. The walls in hallway to our room had a lot of water damage with holes in walls which they tried to cover with wall paper. In the room the floors were replaced with lament wood floor not very clean the corners had cobwebs and our toilet was dirty. We were suppose to stay for 4 nights but check out and cancelled rest of reservation. The would not refund us for the few hours that we were check in while trying to make arrangement for new hotel. The worst Holiday Inn I have ever been in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cathy B
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Cathy B, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your candid feedback on our hotel. We are truly sorry that you found the cleanliness of your room and the common areas of our hotel to be less than satisfactory. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide friendly and comfortable accommodations. The comments we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you again for the review, and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon. Sincerely, Gayle Nowak