We stayed here May 4th - 6th, 2012. I read the reviews before we left. We were there for shopping and going to the Seneca Casino so location was important to us. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast lady, very sweet and willing to help with information and whatever you were requesting. Continental breakfast standard - muffins, danishes, cereal - only one small toaster though so you might have a bit of a wait for toast.
This hotel is old and is "tired", but we had no complaints. The hotel was clean, our room was clean, the bed comfortable and the pool area looked clean although we didn't use the pool when we were there. They also had a little arcade room which we thought was cool. Our room had a fridge and microwave, and was quite spacious. We had lots of towels, including face clothes and hand towels. Water pressure - everything about the room was fine. Internet worked great.
With comments regarding staying at the other hotels in the area - there isn't much to choose from if you are looking for something close to the Casino and close to the falls that is in the price range of this hotel. If we go again for the Casino and shopping we would stay here again. "Nicer" hotels are very overpriced in this tourist area and there is not a lot to choose from. We saw two other hotels that were completely closed and shut down.
You usually get what you pay for, and in this case, we got what we paid for and we have no complaints with our stay at this hotel. Its in a great location, and internet, continental breakfast and parking are included in your price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome Affordable comfort in the heart of Niagara Falls. Niagara's Howard Johnson - Closest to the Falls and Casino. We are just a short stroll to the Famous Falls, Maid of the Mist, and Cave of the Winds - all one & 1/2 blocks from the hotel! The Seneca Casino is just a three block walk80 spacious rooms, including luxurious jacuzzi rooms, all with free wireless internet access. Whether you crave adventure, sightseeing, gaming, romance, shopping, hiking, or fishing Howard Johnson Hotel can accommodate you. An Eco-friendly property. Hotel Highlights: Free Wireless High Speed Internet Access in all rooms and on site Packages available (click package tab above), King Jacuzzi rooms, Smoking rooms, Indoor heated pool/sauna, In-Room Safes, Free Parking, Helicopter Tours and Sightseeing Tours On-Site, Retro Game Room, Handicapped rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Closest to the Falls and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Closest To The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Howard Johnson Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Howard Johnson