Howard Johnson Closest to the Falls and Casino
US$73
RodewayInn
Best Western Summit Inn(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$79
The Giacomo(Niagara Falls)
US$114
US$95
Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$80
Comfort Inn The Pointe(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$101
US$95
Travelocity
US$117
US$84
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Niagara Falls(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$123
The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$99
Travelocity
Falls Motel(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$50
1,109 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Beds felt like springs were sticking into me. Rooms were dirty and smelly. Breakfast was by far the worst I ever had at any hotel. Couldn't even fit more than 10 people into the room at a time.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Raffie F
steve f, General Manager at Howard Johnson Closest to the Falls and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel online. I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay. Most people find our beds to be comfortable. Our breakfast room has 6 tables for seating and we have additional seating for 16 in the lobby area. Our free continental breakfast includes fresh fruit, Danish pastries, 4 cold cereals, hot cereal, banana nut muffins, blueberry muffins, coffee cake, white bread , wheat bread, English muffins, orange juice, apple juice, milk, coffee and tea. Thanks again for your comments as they do help us do a better job.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I'm be open minded and fair about my expectations and for what I paid. I haven't stayed at a hotel less than four stars since I was a child, but then again I'm not usually any place for just one night or with my 80 pound dog in tow. That being said, the good parts about this stay were the fact that I was able to bring along my dog for the stay and only pay a $15 pet fee regardless of her weight and breed. The room I was assigned did not smell or look as if I got a room designated for pets(ie. dirtier or other dogs hair flying around, at least not at first glance). The room was definitely dated from the wall paper, to the pictures, and the tv, but perfectly acceptable, to me, for a night.The bed "comforter" or throw which describes it more accurately, is not my style of comfort. Rough and thin. Luckily, I travel with my own plush white down comforter. My parents thought it was fine. The sheets, mattress, and pillows, however, were ok.
The free breakfast buffet was a nice touch with a nice selection of pastry, muffins, toast, bagels, cereal, yogurt and the like. Enough for everybody. The pool was nice if you have kids. Towels are provided and there was a lifeguard on duty. It's big enough if you're a kid but I feel if two adults and a few kids get in there one might feel crowded. Nonetheless, for the type of hotel, just fine.

Plenty to do around the area as the Falls are literally a two minute walk from the hotel and all the shops right around it. Canada is down the block as well. Location is an A+.

The biggest con for me came as I was ready to check out and looked under the beds to see if I had forgotten anything. Oh my god! SOOOOO disgusting! There were empty cups and rolled up tissue underneath not to mention random stuff that definitely did not come from myself or my family. I didn't look under the bed when we arrived but had I done that, I would have freaked as it would have made me question the cleanliness of everything. How lazy can the crew be to not slide the vacuum under the beds, especially for a room that will fill with pet hair and pet dander. It should be a must!. That grossed me out so much I couldn't wait to get out. Would not have been able to stay a second night. I'm not being finicky about some dust on curtains or rusted looking air conditioner, as I did pay less than a hundred for the night but, come on, getting rid of the garbage under the bed at least if you don't want to vacuum so its not that obvious. Nonetheless, acceptable for the night, just be sure to check under the beds when you check in.

2  Thank pattyvs

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel online. I am glad you found the Howard Johnson Closest to the Falls at 454 Main Street in Niagara Falls ,NY to have a great location, friendly staff and good breakfast. I am also glad you were able to travel with your pet. I am not happy about the condition of your room. We have made some necessary changes in the housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen in the future. In addition I have spoken to ownership regarding your other concerns. Thank again for your comments as they do help us do a better job.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

stayed at hojo in niagara falls,ny. staff was very friendly, older bldg but was clean and walking distance to the falls. went to breakfast twice during stay, wish that there was yogurt, but other than that no complaints.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
steve f, General Manager at Howard Johnson Closest to the Falls and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thanks you for taking the time to review our hotel online. I am thrilled you found the Howard Johnson at 454 Main St. in Niagara Falls, NY to be clean, have a very friendly staff and great location. I will share your suggestions with ownership. Thanks again for your comments as they do help us provide the best possible service for our guests. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed 1 night in mid-July. The hotel is old like most hotels in the area are. I noticed when walking down the hall to our room that there is a gap above every door, but no noise bothered us. During the day there is a active helicopter launching pad right next to the building. There was not enough parking in the front of the building when we came back late. There was additional parking in the back, but it was so dark at the end of the building and a wall must have protruded past the building that blocked my view of this. There is also not a door to enter the lobby from the back and it is very dark to walk alongside the end of the building to get to the front.

To get to the US Falls, you have to walk across about a 6 lane street (including 2 turning lanes). Then cross another 4 - 6 lanes and walk about 5 blocks and cross a few more streets. The walk meter is set to give you 30 seconds to cross and then traffic is free to go. It's difficult for elderly with trouble walking.

We arrived about noon and decided to see if our rooms were ready early. They were not and also were not ready around 3:00 or 4:00. They were finally ready when we came back at 6 or 6:30 pm.

The staff at the front desk were nice and helpful with directions, etc. The breakfast was good enough for me with cold cereal, toast and juice and tea/coffee and small danishes. I don't recall any problem with the mattress or pillows, but they weren't anything fancy.

There is a nice gift shop next door called 3 Sisters. Worth a stop in.

Room Tip: It's a place to sleep and shower that is okay. Busy street in front of hotel, but semi might park in the back. We had no problems though.
1  Thank OHvacationer

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on tripadvisor. I am very happy you found the Howard Johnson at 454 Main St. in Niagara Falls, NY to have a friendly, helpful staff and an adequate breakfast. I will share your concerns with ownership. Thanks again for your comments as they help us serve our guests better.

Reviewed 31 July 2014