“terrible customer service”

Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
woodhull,ny
“terrible customer service”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I made a reservation for this hotel for a school event that later was cancelled and when I called to cancel it I spoke with a young lady at the front desk that claims she did not find me in their system and told me not to worry about it and that my card would not be charged. However when I received my credit card statement low and behold it was charged...so long story short...I am going through a dispute. The general manager was NOT helpful at all and neither was her staff, they blow you off like you are nothing and have no customer service skills at all, they do not try to go above and beyond to help people. I would not reccommend this hotel, I would never stay in this hotel...if the general manager is rude to people over the phone like she was to me I can't imagine how she treats people at the hotel..If she were an employee of mine...she wouldn't be for long. I have never encounterd and individual in customer service as rude as Sarah -- is, yes that is her name, so keep this in mind people if you are going to stay at this hotel.

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank brandyWoodhull_ny
hotelbob, Manager at Hampton Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Sarah Palmer attempted contact with this guest two times in the week prior to her reservation. We were aware that the tournament was cancelled, however some parents opted to keep their reservations anyways. We contacted every parent to see if they wanted to keep their reservations. This is the only reservation out of that group that we never heard from. We are required to hold every reservation that has a valid credit card guaranteeing it, so without this person authorization we could not cancel the reservation. I apologize if you feel like the situation was handled correctly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
UK
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Had stayed at a very good Hampton the previous evening, therefore it was difficult not to draw comparisons. This seems to be an older hotel, my room on the third floor was clean, comfortable and reasonably spacious. The hotel has a indoor swimming pool, open from 9 am. It would be good if the pool could open from, say, 6 or 7 am to cater for pre-breakfast swims. The breakfast area seemed very busy indeed (but would accept that more people are likely to show up around between 8 and 9 which is when we came down on two of the mornings). However, I was not impressed with the rubbery omelette I had one morning and had no choice but to consign it to the trash bin. Also in the restaurant, I spotted dead bugs inside the bottom of the window frame which was off putting. Location of hotel was okay within walking distance of the Falls attractions (around 15-20 mins) and closer to the casino. By day, plenty to see and do in the Falls Park and quite an experience to get up close to the gushing waters on the Cave of the Winds hurricane deck. However, by night Niagara Falls town seemed somewhat depressing, with more shops/businesses closed down than were open. For a town of this size there were a disproportionate number of Indian restaurants but none that we came across served alcohol which was a shame. Thankfully we found a great little bar down 3rd street so had the beers afterwards!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank brightonbelle27
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I made the reservation by phone, but after I gave the credit card information the receptionist said she has a problem with the computer and asked to call back in 5 min. I did and again gave her all my personal information. She ensured me it was only one charge. The day we came I was disappointed with hotel as well as with staff. That hotel doesn't worth the money I paid. Couple of days ago I got my credit card bill.And guess...... It was the double charge. I had the conversation with manager; they don’t to deposit my money back on credit card, so now I have to wait for 3 month after claim of fraud.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lana666666
hotelbob, Manager at Hampton Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
This was not actually a double charge. The guest had two reservations for the same night that she made. One reservation was confirmed through the hotel. We did not have any computer errors as the reservation was completed and all of her information including her credit card were obtained. Afterwards she reserved a second room online using the same credit card.
long island
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I recently stayed at the hampton inn on business for a conference I was attending. The stay was average, the rooms clean however a half hour after we left to drive home I realized I left my charger for my Iphone in the outlet. I called them up when I got home and all I got was a run around. First, it was "call back tomorrow", then "it's not there". I told them it wasn't that I couldn't find it and called on chance, I KNOW I left it there and if it's not there someone took it. Then a miracle happened...it was recovered. So i'm thinking great, mail it to me usps and it should be a couple of dollars, right? WRONG, the manager Melissa i believe her name was told me that would be $25 to ship this little charger. In reality it would be $3 to stick it in regular mail but instead it would be $25 and not only that she was rude and very inexperienced sounding. If you chose to stay there make sure EVERYTHING is in the safe (even things not that valuable) because if not it will be gone or they will hold it ransome for what it's worth!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Roxyny07
hotelbob, Manager at Hampton Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
I apologize that we were not able to recover the charger that you left behind quicker. We have several guests who leave items here, and we always make sure that we do our best to get their belongings back to them. I apologize if there was any confusion on the status of your item being shipped. In order to ship the item back to you with tracking information the cost would be $25.00. We do not generally ship items through the USPS due to no tracking available to verify the guest received the item. I have advised Melissa to go ahead and send the charger through the USPS to you per your request.
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 29 September 2011

The Hampton Inn is located a very short distance to the Falls as well as the Niagara Falls Casino, which has a few eateries also. Friendly staff, and nice rooms. They do not have a falls view, just to be clear but everything is close.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank khan40
KCMO
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We stayed here last week for 4 nights. The service from check-in to check-out was excellent. The breakfast bar was well stocked but the eating area was very crowded. The room was great, everything was spotless. The location to the falls is great. We walked to both falls with no problems. About the only complaint was the cleaning solution used in the hotel. The chemical used was almost overpowering.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank randjm
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Spent one night last week at Niagara Falls, this hotel is clean and well taken care of. Rooms are clean and big. Breakfast is OK, nothing special. National park and the falls are amazing but Generally speaking Niagara Falls is not a nice place to stay, better consider to stay in Buffalo (30 minute car ride).

• Stayed September 2011