“Warm and comfy stay”

Sheraton At The Falls
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We arrived on a snowy evening during Christmas season. Thanks to its prime location, we could still explored the area by walking. Having TGIF and Starbucks on site really made a huge difference. I did not have to wear layers of clothings outside to find food. Room was spacious with queen beds. Also appreciated the free in-room wifi. Would be happy to come back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,351)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton At The Falls, Niagara Falls, NY. and would definitely return. We enjoyed the Starwood Amenity Happy Hour from 5 - 6PM which was more than complimentary snacks, we also received complimentary drinks! It was just what we needed upon arrival. We stayed for 3 nights after Memorial Day Weekend so enjoyed a more relaxed stay and tours than those that were there over the Memorial Weekend. I thought I was back in Iowa, everyone was so polite and helpful. We enjoyed the Grayline Tour desk personnel at this hotel too. Our Tour Guide was very knowledgeable and assisted each one of the 24 in our group. All but one of us enjoyed the Skylon Tower as our tour tickets included the admission.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2014

while staying during a business trip, I had to call the front desk on the second night because the noise of the folks next door. This was the second night of no sleep due to noise levels. My neighbors were not extraordinarily loud, it's just that the walls are paper thin. Once they sent security up - they were quiet right away. The rooms were nicely remodeled, the bathroom has a nice walk-in shower, no tub, and the shower head was wonderful. When I checked in, they offered some sort of 'green' deal, where they wouldn't come to the room and make the bed or change out the linen or towels, I didn't know it mean't they wouldn't empty trash. According to business partners, when you agree to this deal, we are suppose to get something in return, they were told Starbucks credit. But I never got anything in return, unless the room rate was less? But since it was a business trip, the room was being paid for... I am returning in September- I will think twice about that choice.

Room Tip: next trip we will have the corner rooms - perhaps less noise?
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Cathy_in_Calfornia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had many questions at several different times and Sue did a wonderful job helping us. She is a very friendly and pleasant young lady to talk to. We felt she went above and beyond to answer our questions and get us what we needed. We did have help from others as well. Sue just really stood out. Thank you for a great stay. Would stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and 2 kids in May this year for 4 days. The only reason we chose this hotel was the Sheraton name and the experience was way below our expectations. Giving below pointwise my experience-
1) Checkin is very slow. There are long queues and although they can add more people at the front desk they dont.
2) The room was a suite which had a half partition in the middle with TVs on both sides,a king bed and a sofa bed. The bath room was small with a tiny shower cabinet and no tub. The carpets,curtains and furniture are quite old and in urgent need of replacement. If you are a nature lover you will find cobwebs and spiders in the ceiling corners. The room has a microwave. Wifi has good speed but keeps getting disconnected regularly.
3) Housekeeping is poor. On day 1 they did not replace the bedsheets even though we had asked them to. The sofa bed was not done up at all and the blankets and pillows were left in the same condition as we had left them. A used toilet paperroll was left next to the washbasin.
4) Concierge was quite friendly and had a lot of info for us particularly the one who joins duty at 3pm named Sal.
5) Room service is the worst I have seen in any hotel. Even though they knew the order was for 4 they sent only one set of cutlery and half the items ordered were missing. The server had to make 4 rounds to complete the full order.
6) The doorman and bell desk at this hotel are either invisible or dont exist.
7) TGI Friday and Starbucks are part of this hotel and you can eat there and sign for your room.
8) They have washing machines and driers on the 2nd floor at $2 and $1.50 respectively per cycle.
9) For us breakfast was complimentary in the lounge from 7-10am. Happy hours were from 5-7pm. The staff at breakfast is extremely friendly but the seating area is small and very cramped when there are more people. The items are very limited.
10) For any housekeeping item we had to call guest servives and they did call regularly to check if we had received the items.
11) As there was a problem with my simcard and I had to call newyork I asked them how much it would cost me if I used the hotel phone. Neither guest services nor front desk had an answer. Finally a manager at the front desk called me and said it depended on the amount of time I spoke for. I thanked him for the intelligent reply and asked how much it would cost per minute. He put me on to another lady. Now either there was a problem with my accent or her English but I just couldnt explain to her what I wanted to know.
12) Location is good as it takes less than 15 mins to reach the falls. The hotel faces Hotel Senaca which has casinos and some good restaurants. There is a bus stop next to the hotel with connectivity to most places.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ritzytraveller
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Went to this Sheraton because of a Groupon deal. Facility is older but well-maintained. Rooms are spacious. Pool is clean and functional.

The hotel itself is very close to the Falls...within walking distance! Across the street is a casino but you don't even really notice it except at night...and then you just draw the curtains. The noise from the casino is not enough to be a factor of consideration.

With the Groupon deal the room was an extremely good value!

Room Tip: If you can't sleep with some light on be sure to get a room that is NOT facing the casino
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Sheraton at The Falls in New York is good value. No views of the falls, but within easy walking distance of all the places of interest at the Niagara Falls on the American side. An easy walk to the Rainbow bridge and if you have your passport, you can cross and spend the day (or more) in Canada.
The staff are all pleasant and helpful, but are very busy on holiday weekends.
The rooms are large with very comfortable beds (we had two queens). The bathroom is a good size with a large well-working shower. Unfortunately the air conditioning is very noisy, but it does work well. The internet access is free, but not high speed.
Breakfast is not included, but the hotel does have a Starbucks and TGI Fridays on the premises. Fridays serves a good buffet breakfast, convenient, but of course not cheap.
If you want to gamble, the Sheraton is right across the road from the Seneca Niagara Casino, but the access tunnel was not in use when we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near to the elevators, else you have a long walk, as there is only one set in the ent...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel