Travelling as part of a tour group and arrived early in the morning having travelled to Niagara by train. Our tour guide did warn us that we probably wouldn't be able to get into our rooms until the 1500 check-in time, but at least the hotel stowed our cases away in a secure room, so we didn't have to worry about that and it left us free to do the usual Niagara touristy things.
On our return to the hotel at around 1430 I asked at Reception if any of the rooms were available and was told they weren't, but another guest was checking-in at this time and low and behold, wasn't he lucky, because his room was ready! So, at 1500, I went back to Reception and was told that the rooms were ready. Sadly, no one had told the Receptionist how to deal with a tour group and so he started checking us in as individual guests despite my telling him that the keys should already have been done and that all he should have to do was hand the envelopes out to the relevant guests. Fortunately, our tour guide arrived and spoke with the Manager and they straightened things out.
As for the room, it was a good size and spotlessly clean. the hotel itself is in a good location for walking down to the Falls and the various parks around it and, of course, for the bridge if you want to view the Falls from the Canadian side. We ate in the TGI Friday located in the hotel and had a very good meal.
I do believe the hotel and Receptionist were equally to blame for the mix-up - the former should have better training for staff and the latter should have asked for assistance from other members of staff. I think we were unlucky on this occasion but all in all, it is a good hotel which I am more than happy to recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton At The Falls is located in the heart of downtown Niagara Falls, USA, connected to the Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino and adjacent to The Conference Center Niagara Falls. Just footsteps will take you to the brink of the majestic Niagara Falls and the Canadian border! Sheraton At The Falls conveniently offers a TGI Fridays, Rainforest Cafe, Starbucks, At The Falls Arcade, Sweet Treats Ice Cream Shop and a market off of the main lobby. Guests can relax at the Reef Beach Club and Pool, which features new hot tubs, a shark tank, and a coral reef lagoon viewing tank. Guests can also take full advantage of our 24-hour Sheraton Fitness Center. This 3.5 Star property features a business center, as well as secretarial services. Meeting and event facilities measuring 8,671 square feet include the spectacular Crown Jewel Ballroom. Busk in the comfort of Sheraton's Signature Sleep Experience, and wake to fresh in-room complimentary Starbucks coffee. Sheraton At The Falls also offers in-room climate control, in-room safes, in-room microwaves, in-room refrigerators and high-speed wireless internet throughout the facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton At The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Crowne Plaza