“This hotel doesn't care about its guests”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 21 September 2011

This hotel is not downtown, near the Falls or the casino; it is on Niagara Falls Boulevard (also called Pine Avenue) & 77th Street, near DiCamillo's Bakery. I stayed at this hotel from Sept. 12-15, 2011. While the room looked like some updating had been done (nice bed, lamps, updated bathroom fixtures), there was dirt on the floor of the room's entryway and long dark on the bathroom floor (I have short, blonde hair), both of which remained there for my entire stay, suggesting that no one was sweeping or vacuuming. In addition, ants appeared in the bathroom on the second day & continued for the rest of my stay. I attempted to get breakfast in the hotel's restaurant, but literally could find no one, despite yelling "hello" several times. I finally gave up & drove a few blocks to a Denny's.

To top it off, a large Ford F-350 pick-up was parked in a very well-marked no-parking zone between two handicaped parking spaces. It would have been impossible for any handicapped person using a van & a wheelchair to park on either side & exit the van. I also am a handicapped driver. I mentioned the parking matter to the desk clerk as I was checking in, & was heartened to see a very prominent sign saying that all vehicles that were parked in no-parking zones would be towed at the vehicle owner's expense. The desk clerk said she knew to whom the truck belonged. I was dismayed to find out that the truck never once moved out of the no-parking zone then entire time I was there. Apparently any laws pertaining to handicapped parking, and the hotel's own policies pertaining to parking, can be disregarded at whim, if you know one of the desk clerks.

I won't be staying here again. While the price was one of the determining factors in my choosing it (I did not need to be downtown, paying premium prices to be near the Falls), it may be worth it the next time if I could just get someone to actualy clean my room, give me breakfast, & ensure that handicapped parking would actually be available.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank drdar941

Reviewed 16 September 2011

The hotel was very good, comfortable and very near to niagara falls state park. We booked two rooms since we were with babies we wanted a place from where we can go out to see attractions and come back when ever we want. This worked for us very well. The rooms were clean.

When we left the hotel me missed to pick up one of our bags and hotel sent that to us by courier.

Only bad thing that happened to us was that hotel had valet parking and next day when we got our car we found few things missing since they were not expensive, we were ok but didnt expected that to happen to us. So be careful if you choose valet parking and one should always not leave behind any valuables as advised in all parking lots.

Otherwise if we only talk of hotel it was superb !!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This hotel is just opposite to the Niagara State Park which means no commute expenses at all. You can just walk to the park anytime, come to the hotel, take some rest and go back to the park. This is the best part of the hotel.
The overall service is also good. And, you can find all the restaurants nearby as well.
Happy Journey!

Room Tip: Do not pick a room at second floor as they do not have an elevator for second floor!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Hotel was undergoing renovations but there was no noise and they posted warnings. Staff was helpful, room was clean and well equipped. Location can't be beat - within walking distance of Falls, etc. My only comment is that restaurants are scarce on the US side - Canadian side is much better.

If you stay here, take the Gray Line Canadian tour offered in the lobby. It's pricey but well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We were there for a family vacation and although I don't expect four star service from a Quality Inn, I do expect some cleanliness for 129 dollars a night. The night I arrived, there was hair all over the bathroom, the bed sheets hadn't been changed even though the bed was made, and there was no toilet tissue and only one set of towels for the four of us. I immediately went to the overnight receptionist for the toilet tissue. He was nice but ineffective re: the condition of the room. He actually came to the room to look at the stains and hair on the sheets and the dirty bathroom. He apologized and gave us more sheets, towels, and the names of the two managers to speak with in the a.m. Needless to say, after a day of traveling I did not feel like making up 2 beds.
In the morning, the receptionist changed the room and she looked to make sure it was cleaned every day and gave us free breakfast coupons. Having a child and an infant with us we went to get them the free breakfast. How surprised was I that the overnight receptionist was also the cook. He had on the filthiest apron and work clothes I have ever seen in a cooking establishment. The children were happy we ended up at McDonalds.
It is obvious that Choice International corporate is not overseeing their standards at this hotel whether or not it is a franchise. The carpets are filthy and the walls are filthy. Shame on them...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at this particular hotel and I must say this time, I was rather unimpressed.

The hotel had changed the parking a bit, so we always seemed to be parking in the back or side of the hotel, and I didn't feel safe in the lot alone. Check in was easy, as it was last time, and while I clearly remember booking an executive room, I feel like I didn't receive one. Check out was easy as well.

The room looked a little dated, our room looked onto Niagara Falls Blvd, so it was a little loud once the traffic started up again early in the morning. The double bed that I had was a little hard for my personal liking and the pillows were a little softer.
The table in the room was put in front of the air conditioning unit, so the room wasn't cooling as much, but the table was nice and cool. The problem was remedied when the table was moved, I just wish, it was one less thing to do. We had a regular tv in our room, which seemed to sometimes cut out when big rigs were passing by, as well, our remote had no numbers on it, only power, mute, channel up and down, and volume up and down buttons. Basically it meant that we had to scroll through channels each time we wanted to watch something.
We decided that we wanted to go swimming on the last night we were there. We were in and out of the pool in 10 minutes because it was VERY cold. I mean, myself and my guest were shivering in the pool. There was also a parking lot/hotel entrance and exit door through the pool, that people kept using.
There is no continental breakfast in this hotel, and I think the value added would be better had that been included.
There is no elevator, which I knew from the first time I stayed, but it seemed as though the first floor rooms, where much better cared for, and updated then the second floor rooms. As well the layout of the hallways was initially confusing.

There are signs all over the hotel that is a smoke free facility, but the hallways seemed to always smell of stale smoke.

I don't really know if I would stay here again. I have since found some other hotel locations that are part of chains that I frequent far more often.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunshintuna
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Pros: clean, very close to the Falls, bar and restaurant on site, helpful concierge & staff

Cons: no free breakfast, the town is a little boring [does not impact my rating of the hotel]

A tip in general: you'd have more fun and a better view of the falls if you stayed on the Ontario side.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple