“Big Delicious Salads & Different Pizza Choices”

Six50 Black Oven Cooking
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Chili
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Six50 offers upscale-casual dining with Italian-American fare. Established in 2012, Six50 was started with the intention of bringing genuinely good food and a unique experience to Rochester diners. Offering a scratch kitchen, sourcing the majority of goods from local vendors and local farms. Six50 uses wood-fired ovens to prepare the majority of the offerings, which provides a very rich flavor. The wood fire not only provides a delicious product, but it is a renewable resource, which reduces the consumption of fossil fuels.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our party of 5 arrived half hour before close and was promptly seated and waited on. Ordered 3 pizzas, one gluten-free, one pepperoni and one Reuben (also considered the Alfredo) as well as 2 Spinaci salads. Everyone enjoyed their most-delicious selections; the Reuben pizza was most tasty!

Only complaint would be the lighting; we had to use the flashlight on a phone to see the menus. Perhaps, lamps on the tables could be added.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Went there last summer, nice outdoor dining and cocktails.
Pizza, salads,sandwiches.
Must return soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have been to this restaurant several times, each time giving it another chance to improve. The restaurant itself is beautiful, the service is awful, so is the wine list, the food and the prices. Each time I went there had a bad experience! They charge 4-5 star prices for what I commented on above, noone to refill your H20, paper napkins...., and .. they give you your dirty fork back after you've eaten your salad or appetizer to eat your next course with!!. They have a huge sign in their window advertising lunch specials, when you try to order them they tell you the manager has made some changes so the prices suddenly go up and your choices are limited. This place brought hope to finally bringing a nice restaurant to Chili, but has failed miserably!!!!!!!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Brick oven cooking on everything from pasta's to pizza to sandwiches. Nice atmosphere for everyone including childred's fare. My husband had the butcher's pie which is a different specialty pizza they have everyday. This pizza consisted of a red sauce with 2 different cheeses & topped with meatballs. He loved it, however he felt it could of used more meatballs as there wasn't much to speak of. I had the Crandberry & Lemon chicken sandwich which I did as a wrap, it comes w/ either a garden salad or pasta salad. I opted for the pasta salad which I requested it be drizzled w/ a balsamic reduction (it does not come with way, you must ask for it, I felt it to dry without it!) The wrap was very good but I didn't taste much of a cranberry flavor to it but all in all it was good. The pricing was a bit high for the area in which it is localed. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We received a gift card which is why we went here even though several reviewers didn't care for it and I wasn't excited to try it. First it was very noisy and the lighting is way too dark to even be able to read the menu at least where we were seated. I ordered tomato bisque soup and it was like eating a bowl of spaghetti sauce, terrible. But my husband loved the Gumbo. The menu of course was heavily pizza oriented which was to be expected but the other choices weren't too appealing. All of us ordered a different pizza and they were okay, a bit soggy in the middle. Nothing i'd go back for. The service which others had complained about was perfect - our waitress was quick, our food came out fast and hot and never waited for anything. Still, it was average and not anything i'd go back for.

2  Thank Rhonda P