“very dissapointed!!!!!!”
Review of Goose Pond Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Creek
Goose Pond Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 North Creek B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Goose Pond Inn and would not recommend it. When I made the reservation I told Beverly I had to pick my daughter up from Word Of Life Christian Camp at 8:00 am. Upon check in I was told breakfast was from 8-9. I reminded Beverly that we had to leave by 7:30. Beverly said she would not make breakfast any earlier. I told her I read a review that said she was very accommodating with breakfast times. She said only for ski racers in the winter. She said she would make breakfast sandwiches to go! A big breakfast is part of the B&B experience!! In addition, the bedroom had no air conditioning or fan in July!! They are very close to the road, loud traffic. The room cost $149.00 !! The bed sunk down in the middle. The décor was not warm or inviting which is how we felt about the owners and this B&B!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Beverly E, Owner at Goose Pond Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

We are so sorry you were disappointed. We are very proud to have been here for 28 years and
providing a great experience to all our guests as you can see from our great reviews. The inn is our home - and we love to treat our guests personally and personably in a home-like atmosphere. Our rooms all have air-conditioning although here in the mountains it is generally cool in the evening. We were thrilled to have purchased all new mattresses just this spring! Although we can only offer a limited breakfast menu prior to 8:00- I did offer "goose mcmuffins" to go to accommodate your early departure. All our rooms are $135 as of this summer (and the last 3 summers!) .

Reviewed 7 June 2014

For both of our first stays at a B&B, my boyfriend and I had a wonderful time at Goose Pond Inn. We were the only people staying there, and Jim was very accommodating in adjusting the breakfast times to our schedules. The breakfast was awesome, the room was very cozy, and we loved the decor throughout the house -- the game room is a fun addition to the inn! Jim was friendly yet unintrusive, and was nice enough to offer some great dinner recommendations in North Creek. We originally intended to stay in Lake George, but are very glad we opted to stay outside. North Creek, as a far less touristy area, was a much more romantic destination. Plus, the drive into Lake George is beautiful! We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

stayed at the goose pond inn b@b. the inn was terrific- the rooms were spotless and we felt so comfortable with the room. everything within the room was a 5 star rating. in addition the breakfast made by jim the owner was out of this world. we stayed for 3 days and every breakfast was excellent. also, jim is so nice and has suggestions about activities and other restaurants in the area, we could not have been more pleased with our stay. i highly recommend the goose pond inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband and I just got back from a trip to North Creek to visit our daughter and stayed at the Goose Pond Inn B & B. The owners Jim and Bev were great! Jim fixed us breakfast everyday, except for one day when he had an appt, which meant Bev fixed us breakfast. We were there for five nights and every morning at 8:00 a.m. We were treated to a wonderful breakfast, they gave us a number of choices to choose from including brandy French toast with a coconut crust, which I highly recommend, pancakes with a variety of fruit, omelette, Belgium waffles, everything was so delicious. Our room was spacious, the bed was so comfortable and each room has its own bathroom, which was nice. Everything was clean and cozy and it is located within walking distance of the North Creek Village and only a few minutes from Gore mountain. We enjoyed our stay there so much that it will definitely be where we stay when we go up to visit again. One thing I should mention is that they only take check or cash, we did not have a problem with this, just thought I should mention it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I were delighted with the hospitality of Beverly and Jim at Goose Pond Inn. We arrived in the middle of a huge snowstorm, yet the driveway had been recently plowed (and was plowed several times during our 2-night stay), unlike some of the roads leading to it. The Inn is cozy and our room was extremely comfortable. The gourmet breakfast (you choose from a menu plus a daily special) was outstanding, and we also enjoyed playing pool in the game room. We had a package deal for two nights at the inn and two days of skiing at Gore, so it was a convenient location and a great value! Beverly shared very helpful information about restaurants, stores, etc., in the area, which we were glad we followed. We would definitely stay at Goose Pond Inn again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My son Chris and I did a last minute booking for 3 nights at this charming Adirondack B&B. Bev and Jim who have been running the place for over 27 years couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful (directions to the slopes, restaurant recommendations, etc.). The room was impeccably clean and cozy (this word describes the whole place). Breakfast is a feast. The price was right. And we were a 10 minutes drive from the slopes at Gore Mountain. Bottom line: we had a great experience and will be back.

PS Bring your checkbook because they don't take plastic.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Beverly and Jim run a sweet, 4-room B&B about 2 miles from Gore Mountain. The setting next to a pond and woods (there is also a cemetery in view on arrival, but not visible from the rooms), is delightful. I was so pleased my second morning to watch a woodpecker, bluejay, and two house sparrows in the tree outside my window. The breakfast menu is varied containing such well-prepared delights as brandied French toast and Goose mcmuffin (available to take away for extra-early starts), as well as a daily special like, fresh blueberry buttermilk or cornbread pancakes with bananas or chopped pecans. I was shocked by some of the reviews from 2007 and 2008. They are totally inaccurate now, so make sure you look at the dates people stayed when doing your research. There is free wifi throughout the Inn, and Beverly and Jim have three lovely dogs (they do not have the run of the place, so need to worry, if you are not a dog-lover), they are very helpful, and supply menus for restaurants in town. BarVino was a great tapas place with a well-stocked wine room and several beers on tap, and Izzy's Market and Deli served a surprisingly fresh and delicious dinner for $10, but only on Monday nights.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
#3 of 4 in North Creek
Black Mountain Lodge
Black Mountain Lodge
#4 of 4 in North Creek

Been to Goose Pond Inn? Share your experiences!