“Don't EVER stay here!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Creek
The Inn on Gore Mountain
Ranked #2 of 2 North Creek B&B and Inns
Rye Brook, New York
“Don't EVER stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Our family of 4 had spent a few days at Lake Placid last February and wanted to ski at Gore Mountain on the way home. We booked our reservations in advance of our trip. When we arrived at around 7pm, we checked into our bungalow. We began to get settled and quickly noticed the bathroom had mold on the shower curtain. We unmade the beds and found hair on the mattresses and pillows, as well as garbage on the floor near to the beds. We packed up and left. When we went to the office to let them know we were leaving and why, the manager did not even seem to care. We did not pay. We actually drove 4 hours to get home that night. We will try to go to Gore again his year, but we are staying at the Copperfield!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank jpschlac

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Had to check in here overnight after being forced off the road due to terrible ice and snow (this was the closest place) It was late November and it seemed like the place was closed for the season, but the bar and restaurant were open. Went in and asked for a room and Rich (owner) got me setup up right away, only charging the summer rate. He turned on the room's hot water for us, even gave us some drinks at the bar, definitely made sure we would be comfortable. Rooms were clean, especially the bathroom and sink area. Beds were extremely comfortable and the heater worked great. Though it was just a one night emergency stay, I'll definitely be back for longer trips.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobmango54
Cheektowaga, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have stayed in a lot of different places, but nothing like this has ever come along. This trip was given to me for my 60th birthday as a surprise. Boy was it ever. It was a 2 night stay with dinner and breakfast for 2. Three words tell it all. STINK, STANK, STUNK. The room smelled like something died, and the bugs nice and big. Had to kill 3 just when the light went on. Turned on the a/c to get the smell out but no luck. At check in the owner then tells me about my dinner, and breakfast. He draws a map to town with places to eat. No food voucher, or does he say bring back your bill,I am thinking how does it keep getting worse. Then he shuts off the yard lights, and if I had to leave, there was no way to even get to my car. THIS IS NO JOKE!!!!!! This place should not even be open for business. My next letter is to the NY state health, and ad. dept. Everything in his ad was Very misleading. The kicker was the ice bucket in the room with nowhere to get ice. Oh wait!!!!!! I had to drive to town.

Room Tip: stay away from this place
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jim C

Travellers are raving about these North Creek hotels

Claysburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I've been to this place twice now and had a very pleasing time both times. It's not a full service, five star, white-glove establishment. But that's never what it sets out to be. What it is, is a nice, comfortable, friendly, affordable place to bed down for a few nights on your ski trip. It's literally right around the corner from the main entrance to Gore Mountain, I don't think there is anywhere closer.

The restaurant was nice and friendly with surprisingly good food given how empty the place was on the last weekend of the ski season. The owner and staff were very helpful and friendly, and the accommodations were pleasant enough. Still, some folks go on trips to places like this for the amenities, and those people will be disappointing. Still, this is a far way from rustic which is a good thing. At the end of a long day of skiing one of the best mountains in NY, it's quite welcoming. Come for the skiing, not the turn-down service.

I have now stayed here twice and will look forward to booking my late season trip back here next year.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

My family and I would like to thank you for the wonderful experience on our last stay. We stayed elsewhere for a ski weekend and it was totally horible but thanks to the wonderful stay here we are back on track!! It seems that it is getting harder these days to get any decent level of quality and service without taking out a second mortgage but that is not the case at this hotel. Thanks Again, we look forward to returning

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Lewes, Delaware, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

The Inn at Gore Mountain is a very friendly, quaint Inn. If you are looking for "all of the amenities", then do not go here, but when we are on a ski vacation we need a nice, clean place to stay, and this meets the bill! We have stayed here twice now, and we are planning another trip to Gore next year, and will definitely stay here! I have read some of the other reviews, and I really do not agree with their nasty reviews. If you want a high priced inn, this is not it. However, as the other review states, if you want clean, close to Mountain, no phone, etc., as YOU ARE ON VACATION, then this IS the place to be! Richie is great, and his wife Susan is the best chef!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Oh boy, where do I begin?? If you need a clean place, DON'T stay here. You will be sadly disappointed. The room I had had 2 double beds & a bunk bed. The bedspreads were very dirty. The sheets were thread bare & barely stayed on the corners. The carpet was old & filthy. Don't think it had been vacuumed in months. The tub had hair in it & the shower curtain was all moldy. The towels were very thin & smelled "off". They provided small bottles of shampoo & conditioner but they were not the same brand. There were spiders & other bugs all over. Very musty smell to the whole place. The door didn't lock from the outside so don't leave valuables inside. The AC did work, surprisingly. Driveway full of deep ruts. If you don't have a taller SUV you will bottom out. Owner seemed nice enough but they need to vastly improve their idea of clean & comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
The Copperfield Inn Resort
The Copperfield Inn Resort
#3 of 4 in North Creek

Been to The Inn on Gore Mountain? Share your experiences!