“Nice place to stay and visit the Barton Garnet Mine”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Creek
The Inn on Gore Mountain
Ranked #2 of 2 North Creek B&B and Inns
NJ
“Nice place to stay and visit the Barton Garnet Mine”
Reviewed 8 October 2008

We arrive late at a weekend visit to the Barton Garnet Mine. A fellow miner recommended the Inn at the Gore Mountain. It is 10 miles away from the mine. The owner is a very nice gentleman, show us the cabin before we check-in. The rate is reasonable for the area at $75 a night. We were very comfortable in the upstairs unit. Unit comes with 2 queen and twin bulk bed. The ammenity is minimal. It is a mountain area. Good thing is got a great restaurant on site. The food is all good and comes in large portion. Service is good but you need to be patient. I have to recommend that it is a very cosy place to have dinner and stay the night.

The location is perfect for a gem mining weekend at the Barton Mine, white water rafting is onsite and winter sports at the Gore Mountains.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — room need some update
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank schong

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
long island new york
Reviewed 18 August 2008

We have been here before and knew the water pressure was not good but, this time there were several times during our 2 night stay were there was no water at all. Told the owner who said he would check it out but nothing more was said or done.

Inside old and (1) bunk bed had a very thin mattress and you could feel the wood underneath.

Looking for a new place to stay with running water and a fire pit.

• Liked — at same location as white water rafting
  • Disliked — no water
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mandkandrew

Travellers are raving about these North Creek hotels

nyc
Reviewed 1 February 2008

DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD over the phone, THEY WILL USE IT WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!!! they took my credit card to "put the room on a 6pm hold" , no deposit required and the card only to be used at check-in. I gave them a courtesy call 24hrs later to let them know we would not be coming in after all, an incredibly rude man yelled out "you own the room dear"and hung up! I called back, the same man said they have a 14 day x-cellation policy!!! I was staying there only because my daughter's ski team had to pick a place near the mountain, i didn't care what the accomodations were. now that she can't go, i'll be sure to find out what the place was actually like from the rest of the team and i'll be sure to have them post it right here. We have to go up several times per season and i hear the best place to stay is "the summit" at gore mountain, not this nasty place. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD, THEY WILL USE IT WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!!!

• Disliked — lack of professionalism
  • Stayed February 2008
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 20 December 2007

As long as you know what to expect, this is a great place to stay! I have stayed in almost all of the lodges around Gore Mountain, and they are all comparable in quality, ammenities, and "rustic-ness". I've stayed at the Inn on Gore 3 times, going for 4th next week. If you want high-end, stay at the Copperfield, otherwise, you will get an affordable and average place to stay. Sure the cabins are a little dated, but I'd prefer dated and affordable to newly-remodeled and expensive. I don't go to the Adirondacks to sleep on a plush bed with mints on my pillow - I go there to ski and get a hotel room to sleep after a long day on the slopes.
The owners are great, I've never heard otherwise.
The restaurant service is slow, so if you are looking for fast pre-prepared food, go elsewhere. If you want a relaxing and home cooked meal after a day on the slopes - this is perfect!

• Liked — location and cost
  • Disliked — restaurant service
  • Stayed January 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rmccabe44
Boston, MA
Reviewed 24 July 2007

We’ve stayed at the Inn on Gore a number of times over the years. We have always found it to be clean and comfortable. The previous reviews I think are exceptions to the norm. It may be that some people do not understand the ambiance of an Adirondack lodging facility. The rusticness and the people who operate them are what the charm is all about! The chalets with only 4 rooms in each are unique to the area! The restaurant food is always great and Rich and Susan are always great hosts! We continue to be regular guests!

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank netguruBoston
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2006

We knew it was old, cheap and dirty, but we thought we could at least sleep peacefully in this wooded setting. Don't stay in the lower rooms, you can hear everything including the toilets flushing. Owner very friendly.

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank islander1234
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 27 March 2006

Definitely for the budget traveler and skiers not wanting to travel far. The price was great, but the room was musty, had mold and cobwebs on the ceiling, and a dirty floor. The furnishing were extremely outdated. The only amenities to speak of were the cable TV and radio alarm clock. However, the TV didn't have a remote. If you stay here, there is not an in-room phone or a working payphone for long distance calls. Oh, and no cell phone signal, either!

The restaurant food was wonderful and unique. The owner cooks everything to order and with two ladies on the waitstaff it was bustling. The first night I ate there, the food was great and service "okay". The second night, the service was unacceptable. One of the other patrons at a neighboring table declared "welcome to the desert" when he went for about half an hour without a water refill. He also mentioned that the service was often that way. I watched many patrons going to the bar to get their own drink refills. The service was just atrocious! My salad/bread wasn't served for at least an hour and by the time I ordered my meal I had to settle for undercooked french fries because there were no baked potatoes left. As a hotel guest, I felt I was getting shortchanged. I wished I had left and got a pizza instead!

The positves- owners are absolutely wonderful to stay with, know their guests by name, and are very welcoming.

My advice: ski, eat at the restaurant if not too busy, stay the night and head home! Or stay in a more modern hotel in nearby Lake George.

• Stayed March 2006
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
The Copperfield Inn Resort
The Copperfield Inn Resort
#3 of 4 in North Creek

Been to The Inn on Gore Mountain? Share your experiences!