“Sleepless in North Creek”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Creek
The Inn on Gore Mountain
Ranked #2 of 2 North Creek B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Sleepless in North Creek”
Reviewed 29 May 2006

We knew it was old, cheap and dirty, but we thought we could at least sleep peacefully in this wooded setting. Don't stay in the lower rooms, you can hear everything including the toilets flushing. Owner very friendly.

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank islander1234

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 27 March 2006

Definitely for the budget traveler and skiers not wanting to travel far. The price was great, but the room was musty, had mold and cobwebs on the ceiling, and a dirty floor. The furnishing were extremely outdated. The only amenities to speak of were the cable TV and radio alarm clock. However, the TV didn't have a remote. If you stay here, there is not an in-room phone or a working payphone for long distance calls. Oh, and no cell phone signal, either!

The restaurant food was wonderful and unique. The owner cooks everything to order and with two ladies on the waitstaff it was bustling. The first night I ate there, the food was great and service "okay". The second night, the service was unacceptable. One of the other patrons at a neighboring table declared "welcome to the desert" when he went for about half an hour without a water refill. He also mentioned that the service was often that way. I watched many patrons going to the bar to get their own drink refills. The service was just atrocious! My salad/bread wasn't served for at least an hour and by the time I ordered my meal I had to settle for undercooked french fries because there were no baked potatoes left. As a hotel guest, I felt I was getting shortchanged. I wished I had left and got a pizza instead!

The positves- owners are absolutely wonderful to stay with, know their guests by name, and are very welcoming.

My advice: ski, eat at the restaurant if not too busy, stay the night and head home! Or stay in a more modern hotel in nearby Lake George.

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank Tanya K

Travellers are raving about these North Creek hotels

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 11 December 2005

This is the closest you are going to get to slopeside lodging at Gore mountain. The place is actually 4 or 5 2-story cottages, with 4 rooms in each. Super cute from the outside. Once inside, however, the beds were thin and one was broken. There was a bit of mold in the bathroom and the place smelled a little bit musty. Overall, it was an OK place to spend a night (I am a budget ski traveller from NYC and have to compromise quality to get some more ski trips with my budget!) but I was slightly squeamish.

• Stayed December 2005
#1 of 1 in Chestertown
The Copperfield Inn Resort
The Copperfield Inn Resort
#3 of 4 in North Creek

Been to The Inn on Gore Mountain? Share your experiences!