“perfect”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in North Creek
chittenango
“perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

As I drove by this place looking for it my daughter said "I wish we were staying there." Then when I found it she said this is where I wanted to stay.
The room was perfectly decorated in the adirondack theme. The "lodge had a fire going, and a suggestion book for restaurants. We chose "the place "restaurant which was also good.
The only problem we had was the parking , but I called the manager(there is like a little phone booth to call if you need something) He said we could park across the street.
You get a pass code for the room before you arrive so you never check in w/ anyone. I thought this strange but cool. Wish I had that job.
I was making sandwiches for skiing the next day and forgot the bread. There was a restaurant almost connected and they gave me bread FOR FREE!!! for my lunch( Thank You).
The only suggestion I have is this. It would be nice if there was a shelf in the bathroom for the clean towels to be folded on. When they are hanging on hooks it makes me wonder if the cleaning people forgot them. All in all wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ajknight
SharonTaylor, Owner at The Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
I chose the rustic twig hooks to fit with the Adirondack theme, but I never considered that guests might prefer to have their clean towels folded on a shelf. Thats a good idea- we could use some more shelf space anyway! I'll put it on the "to do" list!!! Thanks!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

The owner/manager may not claim its fancy, but this has one of the nicest hotel rooms I've been in. Nice sized room with Adirondack styling, big comfortable bed, nice alarm clock, free wifi (though a bit slow - can't get everything), free long distance, gas stove (some rooms), coffee maker, flat panel TV... nice common room... probably missing a few things in there :)

Hard to believe its "just" a motel. Only knock on it is that the bathroom is... just a generic bathroom... all that effort on the room. Its functional, but nothing special (though maybe the units with the whirlpool tubs have nicer ones, dunno).

Great location in town - right next to Cafe Sara and Marsha's, and just a few door downs from the BarVino.

Room Tip: Get the King with the stove - great on a cold night!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Glad you enjoyed it! Yes, our bathrooms are fairly small- we were restricted in the size due to the renovation of this building. We needed to stick with the original footprint. We are proud of the Great Room that is nice additional space for our Guests in addition to their rooms and we recently finished a new gazebo in the backyard.... Hope to see you again soon!
upstate ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

I stayed at the Lodge last week and had a very good time. The place was clean and the staff was great. The Number key system was a bit weird for a old lady like me but was ok. The Gas wood stove set a very comfortable tone for my whole stay. The manager Leo knew where to send me for some great food. If you have the chance stay there you will feel right at home.

Room Tip: The rooms with gas wood stove are soo nice and toasty.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Audrey S
The keycodes are unusual but we think they have worked out great! There are really excellent options for restaurants in our little town- glad you found that out! The gas woodstoves are in the "cozy kings" and in our "luxury kings" but there is a large gas fireplace for all of our guests enjoyment in the Great Room....
Glen Rock, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

This cute lodge was a great choice for skiing at Gore Mountain....very close, and you can walk to wine bar, pizza place and breakfast and lunch spots. Our room was next to the "great room" and you could hear the family upstairs clumping up and down the stairs in what sounded like their ski boots each morning/evening. Also the pillows were very hard, we wished we had brought our own.

Other than that the rooms were clean and nicely decorated, the bathroom was large, and the location for our purposes was ideal. We will stay there again and bring our own pillows.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Glad you enjoyed yourselves! Thanks for the advice- the stairway you are refering to does need some carpeting to deaden the sound- you are right. I will look into the pillows and replace at once! Our beds are ultra comfortable- a good pillow is mandatory!
Saint Albans, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

This place is so neat. It is like a motel in the sense that you park pretty much right out side your room. However it is way nicer than the motels I have seen; and the furniture and decorations make it feel like a lodge. I called to book a room a few days before I wanted to stay and the Manger Leo was the person I made my reservation with. When making the reservation he asked for my email address and I asked why... he explained that he would email me a confirmation of my reservation and that he would also email me my room number and key code to get into my room. He also explained that there is another key code I would need to get into the Great Room (common room for all guests) and that I would find that in the email as well. This was so cool; I have never been to a place that works like this. No official check-in or check-out. I could use any of the phones on site to call Leo if I needed anything. (I did use the phone in my room to call Leo and ask for extra towels; which he brought to me) When I got to my room I was excited, it was a nice size. The bed was huge and comfortable. The Adirondack style furniture was awesome! I made myself right at home. I also enjoyed the Great Room. I used the microwave, sink and refrigerator that are in there. I relaxed on a couch by the gas fire place and read a book I brought with me. I can't wait to visit again. Thank you Leo for being so accommodating and taking such great care of the lodge!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelingGirl22_12
Thank you so much for your comments- we are very proud to have Leo as the Manager. Hope to see you again soon!
Glens Falls, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

The Alpine Lodge proved to be just what I needed to relax and rest. The Manager (Leo) met me in the Great Room and showed me directly to my room. He took several minutes showing me how to use the pin pad to get into my room and assured me he would be available if I needed assistance. My room was spacious and spotless. The bed was was very comfortable, with crisp sheets and plenty of pillows. The jacuzzi was delightful with plenty of hot water and clean soft towels. I noticed the manager several times throughout my stay assisting and advising other guests. This hotel is a keeper and should be added to your next trip to the North Creek area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Rae528
sharonChestertown, Owner at The Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Thank you for your comments- we are so glad you enjoyed your weekend in North Creek!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

The king-size bed was good but the alarm clock went off at midnight.
The room was very dark.
Manager was not very helpful offering near-located advice but not able to actually refer to businesses in the wider area.
The shower curtain badly needed to be changed (molded) and the view outside is still in construction.
We stayed two nights and the bed was not made.
The manager told us he sent the instructions/door key codes to our email but we never received anything.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Pierre S
No, we don't promote ourselves as "fancy" - but we do pride ourselves on our comfortable, convenient and very clean accommodations. I am so sorry that was not your experience. The offending shower curtain has been replaced. The Gazebo construction was not very well timed, but it is complete and really beautiful, I'm sorry it was assembled the 2 days you were here.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Creek
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,510 reviews

Been to The Alpine Lodge? Share your experiences!