“I now love North Creek”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in North Creek
Poughkeepsie, New York
“I now love North Creek”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

After driving home from dropping my son off at college in Burlington, I decided to stay at the Alpine Lodge to make the trip back to Poughkeepsie less painful (and maybe get some skiing in). Leo had called me during my drive to give me the pass-code to the room, and let me know that he would be out until early evening. It was snowing as I arrived and I entered a beautiful Adirondack themed room #10. It had two beds and even a back porch. The room was meticulously clean and had every amenity I could ask form, well maybe a fridge would be nice. The porch kept the beers cold enough.

Later in the evening Leo introduced himself to me and we had a wonderful conversation. He even revealed some local fishing and hiking secrets that I will certainly take advantage of in the Spring. Overall this was well worth the cost and would be great for a family, couple, or a single traveler like me. North Creek and the surrounding area has some over-priced accommodations and plenty of dives, I just wished I found the Alpine Lodge sooner!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room. I have heard that the two bedroom suite is awesome!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank cypress1492
SharonTaylor, Owner at The Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thanks for staying with us- glad you enjoyed yourself!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Albany, New York
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked this room five days before we planned on staying for New Year's Eve. We stayed in a King room. It was very nice, clean, and comfortable. The room had blackout curtains which was nice because we got some good sleep in after a night of celebrating the new year. I wish they also provided a night light because we forgot to bring one. The bed was very high off the ground but was no problem. The mattress and bedding was very comfortable and went with the adirondack theme. The shower was nice and hot. We liked that we got a code to use on the door lock and we didn't have to do anything to check in or out. Many people have said they couldn't get free internet. The instructions aree clearly written on the materials in the room. The issue is that it is in North Creek and there is no cell reception unless you have AT&T. My husband and I both have Verizon and he was able to log on but I was not. Not a big deal since it was just for one night. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kd1977
We are glad you enjoyed yourselves! Yes, we have a verizon booster here on premise, but in general the Town only has ATT service- which is pretty new in the last year or so. The is free WiFi for all our guests and free long distance telephone calls as well.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Really wonderful lodge style rooms. Wonderful beds, decor, bath products,nice towels. Unfortunately, there was no free tea/coffee, no complimentary breakfast, no fitness center or pool. Off season rates are very high.
I would recommend you stay here if you have the extra money to spend and especially if you want to stay somewhere quiet with a great bakery within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hucklebunny
Glad you enjoyed your room but sorry you feel we are overpriced. ALL the rooms do have coffee and a coffee pot in them- including yours. We have started serving a complimentary continental breakfast since your stay with us. No we don't have a pool- we do have a really nice back yard garden/gazebo where we have a bonfire in the evenings….
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The facility was clean, bathroom super small, not much room. If you are a larger person you would have problems. We had a standard king..still small. The on site manager statted when I booked the room breakfast was included, NO BREAKFAST. The room was noisy--right next to the street. Otherwise average.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Philip C
sharonChestertown, Manager at The Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
We are sorry, that you thought us "average" - we certainly like to consider ourselves much more than average. The bathrooms are small- although this building was COMPLETELY renovated 5 years ago- we were unfortunately confined to the original footprint.... We are on the main road of this small mountain town and its convenient to walk to restaurants, bars, grocery store, shops and more- but there is no traffic - hardly any cars after the restaurants close.
Otisville, New York
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I booked this room after viewing the photos on the internet. I did not--sadly--read any reviews or I would not have booked the room. For $179, I expected a lot more. The room, a standard king, was very, very small and very, very hot. There was no way we could use the gas stove. In fact, although it was cool outside, we needed to sleep with windows open and the fan on. The towels were stiff as boards; the soaps were not replaced; the carpet was badly stained; the curtains did not cover the windows properly and lights disrupted our sleep. I wanted to leave after the first day. The musty smell in the room had both of us coughing constantly. The horror! The horror!

Room Tip: Head back to Lake George or Saratoga.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank longboat614
sharonChestertown, Owner at The Alpine Lodge, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
We are so sorry to here you were disappointed. We do have "Standard King Rooms" at the rate of $159- your room "Cozy King" with a gas wood-stove is $179 during the fall and winter - and yes, that gas fireplace does throw off a good amount of heat! You certainly could have turned on your air-conditioner instead of just using the fan.... We are very proud of our high count sheets and soft bamboo towels- a firm requirement for a AAA 3-diamond property- I examined the towels in your room personally and I didn't find any "stiffness"-I'm not sure what you mean. We put 2 soaps in the room; a smaller facial soap and a larger bath bar (in addition to the lip gloss, shampoo and conditioner). We wouldn't replenish the amenities for a 2 night stay unless you needed them- there is plenty for 2 persons for multiple days. We are sorry you were disappointed.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Our recent two night stay was very enjoyable. The room was very clean. We had plenty of towels, there was shampoo, conditioner, make up remover and lip balm. There is a very nice area behind the lodge with hammocks, a grill and area for seating and a fire pit for a bonfire. The door code was great....no key to carry around and risk losing! The only issue we experienced was with the water temperature from both the sink faucets and the shower. The cold water would go from cool to very hot and eventually back to cool..the shower started out fine, then got scalding hot, then freezing cold. Very hard to control. Otherwise, room was fine.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laurie G
We are so glad you enjoyed yourselves but so sorry that the shower temperature was fluctuating! Thank you for letting us know- the "scald guard" was malfunctioning and needed replacement.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The beds and pillows are so hard we could not sleep.

Walls so thin we could hear neighbors talking well into the night

A clock left on in adjacent empty room so that alarm went off at 5.30am.

All very basic,.

There is a charge for internet, it is not free as indicated on their website.

Outside deck full of broken crackers had not been cleaned from last desk.

Very overpriced !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank jjy148
There is no excuse for a Housekeeper not checking the outside porch when cleaning the room. An alarm clock going off (from a previous guest) is certainly a pet peeve of mine as well. The housekeeper was written up for these deficiencies. Our apologies.

However, I must take exception to your other comments. The internet WiFi is most certainly free- the information in your room gives you the password. Our brand new Sealy pillow top mattresses get rave reviews- we get people all the time asking for the make. I don't know how they could be construed as "hard". I have the same mattress myself- I love it!
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Creek
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,519 reviews

Been to The Alpine Lodge? Share your experiences!