“Beautiful stay, lots of extra touches”
Review of The Alpine Lodge

The Alpine Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in North Creek
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed @ the Alpine for a work meeting. Loved the hotel. Have stayed here several times and each and every time I have been pleased w my room and service from the staff. Charming, spacious and very clean rooms. Great restaurants footsteps away.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wine G
sharonChestertown, Owner at The Alpine Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thanks- glad you enjoyed yourselves! We have made an effort to add the small touches- glad you noticed! The new continental breakfast that is included with every stay has been very well received also! Come again soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My wife and I recently returned to PA after a 4 night stay at the Alpine Lodge. We have stayed here on multiple previous occasions. Room #3 was comfortable and well appointed. There is plenty of hot water in the shower. The service staff in the Great Room were helpful and provided excellent supplemental information about the area. There is a grocery store across the street. BarVino is close and a great place to eat. Sarah's pastries is just up the street. We ate at the Lodge at Gore and had two great inexpensive meals. We also had a wonderful meal in the beautiful bar at The Friends Lake Inn. The only negative was that the housekeeping service at the Alpine needed some prompting to resupply shampoo, toilet paper, coffee, and tissues. Overall we enjoyed again staying at the Alpine Lodge and will stay there again when we return to North Creek. Our AT&T mobile phones worked well from the room. We have noticed a definite improvement in North Creek over the past few years. (David & Debbie, Allentown, PA).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
sharonChestertown, Owner at The Alpine Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Glad you enjoyed yourselves! North Creek is alive and kicking; several new bars, shops and restaurants!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We spent valentines weekend at the lodge. It was very nicely decorated and very clean. We had a nice king size bed with very nice bedding which was also very comfy. Bathroom was nice (though only thing I would add a light over the sink for when you get ready) water was very hot actually which was nice. Everyone that we had met was very friendly. And love that everything was right there in walking distance. And also Gore Mtn is right up the road. We would for sure stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Glad you enjoyed your Valentine's Day Stay! It is one of our best assett's is that we are within the small downtown area of North Creek - many shops, bars, restaurants within walking distance. We are very proud of our cute little town that has lots of new small independent businesses steadily opening!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

North Creek is coming back to life.The Alpine lodge in the center of town is a nice new addition.
Very comfortable and nicely appointed with Adirondack charm.Very clean large bathroom with whirlpool tub for after skiing .Centrally located and 5 minutes to Gore Mtn.The new continental breakfast was a nice treat and quite tasty .I have Verizon and had 3 bars in my room .When in town make it a point to visit Barvino for dinner and drinks. Petesahh ,across the street has a great pizza and Basil and Wicks ,3 minute drive, has a great pub menu and nightly specials that rock.
Over all a fun experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fred A
SharonTaylor, Owner at The Alpine Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Glad you enjoyed yourselves! Our complimentary continental breakfast is a recent addition- glad you enjoyed it! Hope to see you in another season for hiking, whitewater rafting, fishing and more!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

After driving home from dropping my son off at college in Burlington, I decided to stay at the Alpine Lodge to make the trip back to Poughkeepsie less painful (and maybe get some skiing in). Leo had called me during my drive to give me the pass-code to the room, and let me know that he would be out until early evening. It was snowing as I arrived and I entered a beautiful Adirondack themed room #10. It had two beds and even a back porch. The room was meticulously clean and had every amenity I could ask form, well maybe a fridge would be nice. The porch kept the beers cold enough.

Later in the evening Leo introduced himself to me and we had a wonderful conversation. He even revealed some local fishing and hiking secrets that I will certainly take advantage of in the Spring. Overall this was well worth the cost and would be great for a family, couple, or a single traveler like me. North Creek and the surrounding area has some over-priced accommodations and plenty of dives, I just wished I found the Alpine Lodge sooner!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room. I have heard that the two bedroom suite is awesome!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank cypress1492

Thanks for staying with us- glad you enjoyed yourself!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked this room five days before we planned on staying for New Year's Eve. We stayed in a King room. It was very nice, clean, and comfortable. The room had blackout curtains which was nice because we got some good sleep in after a night of celebrating the new year. I wish they also provided a night light because we forgot to bring one. The bed was very high off the ground but was no problem. The mattress and bedding was very comfortable and went with the adirondack theme. The shower was nice and hot. We liked that we got a code to use on the door lock and we didn't have to do anything to check in or out. Many people have said they couldn't get free internet. The instructions aree clearly written on the materials in the room. The issue is that it is in North Creek and there is no cell reception unless you have AT&T. My husband and I both have Verizon and he was able to log on but I was not. Not a big deal since it was just for one night. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kd1977

We are glad you enjoyed yourselves! Yes, we have a verizon booster here on premise, but in general the Town only has ATT service- which is pretty new in the last year or so. The is free WiFi for all our guests and free long distance telephone calls as well.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Really wonderful lodge style rooms. Wonderful beds, decor, bath products,nice towels. Unfortunately, there was no free tea/coffee, no complimentary breakfast, no fitness center or pool. Off season rates are very high.
I would recommend you stay here if you have the extra money to spend and especially if you want to stay somewhere quiet with a great bakery within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hucklebunny

Glad you enjoyed your room but sorry you feel we are overpriced. ALL the rooms do have coffee and a coffee pot in them- including yours. We have started serving a complimentary continental breakfast since your stay with us. No we don't have a pool- we do have a really nice back yard garden/gazebo where we have a bonfire in the evenings….

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Creek
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
Pine Tree Motel & Cabins
Pine Tree Motel & Cabins
#1 of 1 in Chestertown

Been to The Alpine Lodge? Share your experiences!