“Booked Rehearsal dinner”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in North Creek
Katy, Texas
“Booked Rehearsal dinner”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I needed a place for a rehearsal dinner in this area. I looked around on line and found their web site. It looked nice and had good reviews, so I went with them. As you know most places will put up pictures of their facilities at their very best for showing on line. Usually the places don't look as good in person as they do on line, the Copperfield Inn is exactly what you see on line. Their place was distinctive and very nice. The staff I worked with were always willing to go the extra mile to make sure our event went well. My brother and his family stayed there and said that the staff took excellent care of them as well. If you are thinking about traveling to this area, I highly recommend the Copperfield Inn.

2 Thank Shannon N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
West of the Hudson
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We recently stayed at the Copperfield Inn for our second visit of the Summer. First time we took the Adirondack and North Creek Railroad and stayed for two nights. This time we stopped for one night on our drive through the area. The demi suite was beautiful. Dinner was excellent, and the pool was very nice for the kids.

Our only complaint on both visits was the poor quality of the continental breakfast. I understand that they don't advertiise it as being a big spread, but if they are going to try to slice bread that thin and offer nothing to spread on it, they should really not put out anything at all.

1 Thank Loognoogy
Albany
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here for one night while exploring the area! Reserved two rooms, and they were able to accommodate early check in when we arrived earlier than expected. Rooms were spotless, beds comfy and staff very pleasant and helpful. Can't comment on the dining as the restaurants were closed on Sunday night, but staffs recommendation for dinner were spot on. Bar Vino was amazing and Cafe Sarah had the most amazing mixed berry pie. Only room for improvement was the complimentary coffee and pastry in the morning, It was not on the same level as the rest of the property and I ended up at Cafe Sarah looking for my coffee fix. Pool temp was comfortable, hot tub is only open during the winter. Can't wait to return in the winter and experience this inn during a different season!

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days, 2 nights on a weekend getaway. We chose this Inn specifically for the proximity to the Saratoga and North Creek railway on which we booked a dinner dome car excursion. It was right across the street! Don't worry about noisy trains. They only run 3 scheduled trains a day for their tourist season from Saratoga Springs.
We had a King room 109 on the first floor. Away from closing doors, elevators, etc. It was perfect. I discovered on our second day where the ice and vending room was. On the second floor. I didn't think this was very convenient. Usually there is one centrally located at least on the main floor. We did try out the pool. The water temperature was perfect. I enjoyed it because it was long for doing laps in. We did notice that there was a hot tub/ spa area, but it looked like it had not been maintained for some time. There was a gate which we opened, but the area was weeded over and patio chairs turned over. We were very disappointed about that. We figured it should be maintained for the rate we paid a night, almost $200! Not sure why that is. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Bathroom was very spacious. The TV was not updated and the picture tube looked like it was fading. The colour was not good on it at all. Channel selection was ok, although we didn't watch much. There is a DVD player so you can bring your own DVDs along or borrow from the front desk. I had planned on doing a massage which they offer there, but did not have the time. I did go to the gym downstairs to see what equipment they had. I was totally impressed with the gym. It had everything you would want. There is also a vending machine there with water, Gatorade and flavored water. There are also provided towels. If you're a fitness enthusiast, you could spend a lot of time in here!
We did have a complaint about our room specifically. We had a small leak from the base of our toilet and we both ended up getting wet pant legs from it. Also, the bathroom glass I went to go use was not clean at all. It looked like it had toothpaste all over the bottom. Also our light fixture rattled whenever someone walked above us. It certainly needs to be secured better.
For breakfast they have a Coffee "Den" which is basically a closet with a coffee machine. You can also get hot water for tea. The 'breakfast breads' which they tell you about are pretty awful stale tasting processed Danish, loaves and half muffins which I didn't even know what flavor it was. My husband said it tasted like Spanish loaf. The front desk service was very friendly and were quick to help whenever needed.
Overall this hotel was a great place to stay, just need a few minor improvements. North Creek is a great relaxing destination and we would stay at the Copperfield again!

Room Tip: Ask to have a middle room away from stairs./ elevator and exit doors if you need quiet!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
oceanport nj, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Checked into our room. It was obvious that the a/c was not working as the room was 86 degrees and the windows were open. The front desk stated that they would send someone up to check on it. We renewed this request again when no one showed. When we returned to the hotel from the wedding ceremony we were told that there was a fan in our room (a VERY LOUD box fan) and that the -temperature was dropping (it did-from 86 to 85). At 10 pm it was still 85 degrees and we found out that my nephew had been moved out of that room the previous night because the a/c was not working. Bottom line, management led us along instead of telling us the truth about the a/c and did the same to several other guests. The next morning we were offered a small cash discount after hassling the staff. Not my kind of place----on the way to being shabby and more interested in money than guests. Don’t stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Susan N
Latham, New York
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

The desk clerk upon check in was a very nice and helpful young lady, our room was not ready so she located another one for us. The beds were very comfortable, the bath towels were nice and thick and white, the morning coffee room was well stocked! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came up on short notice to ski and just get away from the chaos at home. We have stayed at copper field before and it was then and was this weekend just great! Easy check in and they were waiting just for us and happy that we made it sooner than we thought since we left after work.....the tavern had great food and good times, we ate dinner there both nites, rather than go wandering elsewhere in town.....a great getaway hotel for the snow tourist......

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Garnet Hill Lodge
#1 of 1 in North River
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
Wingate by Wyndham Lake George

Been to The Copperfield Inn Resort? Share your experiences!