“Worth a try”

Basil & Wick's
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in North Creek
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a full service restaurant and bar located in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains. We offer American cuisine featuring steaks, seafood, lots of appetizers and the best burgers!
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Good service, decent food, pleasant setting- convenient location-give it a try and see how you like it

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I am always hesitant trying a new restaurant that touts a gluten free menu, however this did not disappoint. The knowledgeable server put me right at ease, and the food was amazing, Atmosphere friendly and warm, will definitely be back!

3  Thank Meg C
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We did have reservations, although they might not have been necessary on the evening before Easter, as the skiers were gone, and there were not many hikers in the area.
The food was excellent and plentiful....no room for dessert, however, the Ahi Tuna was over cooked. My daughter's SO did not let on, to me, as he knows I have no compunction about complaining, when necessary! The "garden vegetables" were deish. My SO ordered the Spinach Artichoke dip and we all dipped into that!! I ordered the Glazed Duck Wings, which came with Bleu Cheese dressing. The wings were just fine without the dressing, but the moist towels were necessary to get the rest of the yummy glaze off one's fingers! My daughter ordered a burger, piled high with bleu cheese, sour cream, tomato and lettuce!!
The staff were very friendly and greeted us with smiles. Since it is half way between Tupper Lake and Albany, we plan on going there more often!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I live in Virginia and I have visited North Creek a couple of times now and both times I ate at Basil and Wick's, not once, but several times during my stay and have never been disappointed. Not only is their food amazing, I had great service and was greeted by friendly employees that really seem to care about their customers. The owner Jane, is a real sweet heart and is there every time I have been there. Their chef Chuck, is an amazing cook. In the summertime if you visit you have to try his watermelon soup, I was a little leery at first, but it is so delicious. This was my husbands first visit, he had the salmon with maple Chipolte glaze two of the nights we were there for dinner. On Thursday nights they have a pasta bar, you pick out what you want and then Chef Chuck cooks everything right in front of you. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgable about the menu, our favorite is Stephanie! Most of the staff has been there for a while, which is always a good sign. In the bar area everyone treats you like family, they are all so nice. I especially like Jeannie, Carrie, and Dani, three of their bartenders. As you can tell I love going to this restaurant when I visit this area. I would highly recommend it to anyone who visits North Creek.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Ambience and excellent food! You will truly be missing fine food and great atmosphere if you don't stop here for dining. I enjoyed the specials and spirit selection. I appreciated the choice of seating either at the bar or in the dining area. I can't wait to find an excuse to travel back so I can eat here!