“New Year's Eve”

Trappers Tavern at The Copperfield
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in North Creek
Cuisines: American
Description: Trappers Tavern is an Adirondack style gastropub featuring hearty fare and stellar entrees. A unique feature of the decor of the tavern is a large Moose Head shot by President Teddy Roosevelt in the 1880’s above the fireplace.
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I ate at the bar and had several drinks on New Year's Eve. We didn't have reservations so this was our only option. Our food and drinks were both really good. The bar tender was nice but slow. What I thought was odd was there was a guy working who was supposed to be helping out at the bar but would not assist anyone until I asked him to assist another customer who had been standing next to me for at least 5 minutes without being acknowledged. Once we got his attention he served the new customers. Also oddly they didn't seem to have a sense of how to turn over tables for upcoming reservations. They left tables empty and reserved for hours instead of seating people who would have been able to vacate the table by the time the next reservations was. Overalls, I liked the decor and atmosphere. The food was good and the bartender was sweet. I just thought some of the other employees could have been more attentive.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stopped here with a friend on a whim and was delightfully surprised by the food, prices, and service. There's a nice sized menu considering the size of the town and the restaurant is very clean. The food was great and affordable!

2  Thank Hammark1
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Trappers is my absolute favorite spot to unwind, have a beer and some delicious food - preferably following a beautiful day on the slopes. The ambiance is perfect - super low key with a warm, friendly staff and really inviting decor. It's an experience that makes you feel like you've really escaped..which is what I definitely need sometimes!

1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I went this past winter as part of a ski trip to Gore Mountain. I had asked around with a few of the locals and according to them the best place to kick back at the end of a long ski day was the trappers. I was not disappointed. Good selection of beer on tap and an excellent atmosphere made for a great night watching the then NFC championship game there. I haven't been during the summer so I can't really comment but the winter atmosphere was great. Think warm fire going with the snow coming down on the windows outside, good lighting and those kind of "north country" tables and accoutrement that you would want in an apres ski environment.

Food was tasty pub fare and the service was on point. Would definitely go back again.

1  Thank GordoSnyc
Reviewed 20 October 2013

10/19/2013 took a train ride on the S&NC railway, once we arrived we stopped at the Trapper's Tavern to grab a bite to eat, and oh boy how this place turned ALOT of people's once great time into a BIG disappointment. We all got seated in a timely fashion, but then it all went down hill from there. Finally got some acknowledgement for at least a glass of water-approximately 20 minutes after being seated, then waited another 20 minutes to even get menus, then like 15 minutes to come back to see if your even ready to order. Then the LONG inexcusable wait began, we finally were served our appetizer 1hr and 20 mins after placing our order, and had to ask for silverware and could we please order more drinks. The waitresses were very inattentive to their customers. A lot of us customers complained to the waitresses and from what we heard this inexcusable management of this restaurant was due to only one cook-are you kidding me? Some patrons asked to speak to the owner and the owner took off out the back door-no lie we seen him do this-what a coward!!! The food was not great in any means-my mother's in-laws salad was wilted, and several of us felt sick after eating what we finally got served. Then nothing was offered to the patrons for waiting over 1 1/2hrs to even get some food, or the poor service received. This restaurant is poorly managed in every way possible and it is disgusting that the owner has NO regards towards his customers-gave us the impression it is all about the money!! Having a limited amount of staff is no excuse for the way this restaurant is managed. This restaurant should be use to the amount of people that come there and they should be prepared. What a disappointment, if we were to return in the future I am sure there is like thirty of us that would not return to the TRAPPER'S TAVERN!!!!!

3  Thank Sis050