“A thrilling adventure you will always remember”

Square Eddy Expeditions
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in North Creek
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I can't say enough good things about Square Eddy rafting in North Creek. They hosted a day-long, 17 mile whitewater rafting trip for our Boy Scout group and did a fantastic jobs. It was a great mix of thrills on the water, learning about the river, and just plain fun of jumping in the water and floating/swimming. Lori is a terrific, experience guide who took us on a trip we will always remember.....a trip we will be taking again.

1  Thank Mark H
SEE2013, Owner at Square Eddy Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank You for the exceptional praise.
We look forward to your return for another adventure with us.
Loved the kid(even though he "put me through my paces")can't wait to meet the other one.
Cheers!

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My husband & I had an awesome experience. Booking was personal & glitch free. Linc was our raft guide. We had a huge advantage rafting w square eddy vs the larger companies- we got personalized attention, we're able to enjoy our delicious homemade lunch in a great little nook on the river watching the other rafters in the rapids& many laughs. Because of our small group we were able to get to know the others on the raft. Square eddys is second to none

SEE2013, Owner at Square Eddy Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2014

I don't even know what to say to this one, except Yes Linc is the best guide on The Hudson!
He's a great partner too, with a great passion for the Central Adirondacks.
I am lucky to have him working with me at Square Eddy.
Thanks for your support,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Yesterday we held our company picnic and spent the day rafting with Square Eddy Expeditions. I can't begin to convey how truly fantastic Linc and Lori are and what a great time we had. From the safety lecture to the delicious lunch to the never ending smiles on everyone's faces it was an outstanding day. This was by far our best company outing and everyone is looking forward to doing it again.

Thank You SEE!

SEE2013, Owner at Square Eddy Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

What an incredible day Linc, Jake and I had with you all. We loved being part of your company picnic. I can't wait to see who you bring next time because your people are so much fun.

Thanks again and again,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We highly recommend river rafting with Square Eddy - a small Family driven operator on Hudson River. We were a Group of 7 on our own raft guided by Lori (owner). She knows every stone of the river, which gave us the optimal way down 17 miles. She put much effort into the ride for us to experience all aspects of rafting.

The lunch was also top level - made by her self.

To sum up: Top professional and very service minded.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

On 07-20-14 my wife and I traveled with friends from Denmark to Square Eddy's. Our friends made all the arrangements from Denmark via the internet. We arrived an hour early to find the business was "headquartered" out of a garage behind a restaurant on Main St in North Creek.At that point I was a slight bit concerned as I wondered if it was a professional operation.

This is a SMALL business however their equipment was quite professional. At that point we were all outfitted with helmets, life vests and they provide wet suites and booties at no cost if you need them as well. We learned that the co-owners had recently bought the business however they had both been river guides for a VERY long time.

There were 7 in our group plus our guide Lori - one of the owners. We were bused about 20 to 25 minutes to where we put in near a dam where we received additional safety instructions. While waiting there we saw several other companies transporting their customers into the launch site in some retired school buses who's road worthiness looked extremely questionable to me. (I use to do do DOT safety inspections) While there it was clear that our guide had been in the business a long time and was well respected by the other guides from other companies as many called out to her and she had a very friendly relationship with them.

Once in the water we got some additional instructions about commands she would use as we went down the river. Once she was satisfied she trained us well enough we headed out. We had a fantastic time during our rafting! Laurie was very funny and a great guide. She did a great job of not hitting too many rocks and she stopped us several times at points where there was a type of back current so we could experience the water rushing over our raft! (it was really a lot of fun and not dangerous) While some other guides also took the time with their groups to do that as well, most did not - they just seemed interested in getting their trip done as soon as they could.
After a couple of hours rafting we stopped along the river for about a 30 minute lunch that she prepared (no cost). It consisted of turkey sandwiches, brownies, vegetables with lemonade and water. The afternoon portion included a lot more laughs and more observations of other river guides who didn't seem to be talking much with their groups which made us all glad we didn't sign up with them. Lori told us a lot about the history of the logging in the river and even sang some unique old river song we had never heard before (she has a killer voice).
When we finished we took a 10 minute ride back to her shop where they had hot dogs, chips and pop all ready for us - again at no cost.
As a conclusion, this is a small company that could not possibly work any harder at pleasing their customers. I can't think that any big company could possibly get the customer satisfaction that they do! I would be shocked if anyone ever had anything less than a GREAT time!
Barry from Williamson, NY

3  Thank Rob H
SEE2013, Owner at Square Eddy Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

While it is always the customers we attract to this beautiful river that make the experience incredible there are some that stick in our minds as very special people.
I absolutely will remember my day with you, your wife and our friends from Denmark for a very long time, the laughter stills rings off the walls of the Gorge. Have you ever met a happier family?
I have so much respect for you and your awesome wife of many years, taking in foreign exchange students for 11 months a year and providing them with a safe fun experience in the United States. Loved talking about gardening, camping at Forked Lake, and having such strong paddlers, (helps with not hitting too many rocks out there).
Good luck with your trip to Italy, I'm jealous.

Big Love to all!