Good Points: Excellent Food, lovely staff, endless beaches. Warm Weather., better we found than The Canaries Relatively cheap compared to other winter destinations.
Bad Points: Wine was unforgivable! Absolutely no choice apart from the three house plonks even in the speciality restaurants which was a great pity as it did not do the food justice.
Hotel Maintenance was an issue - many of the cloakrooms had fixtures broken or missing and remained so, The main entrance hall was having work done to the central feature - a fountain I think but this remained a building site for the duration of our stay. Sadly I had a small amount of cash stolen but I do not know whether it was taken from our room or the beach so I did not report it, but the advice of the Reps to lock all valuables and cash away I the hotel safe is obviously sound. The Island itself is desolate but if it is winter warmth you are after then this hits the buttons.
Surprising - The airport is novel - largely open-air. I recommend you allow two days to get through passport control! When we arrived there were two operatives manning a six point station
so we literally had a two hour wait, and I expect the plain-load behind us had to wait longer.There are no runway lights so planes have to land and take off during day-light hours
The Hotel Spa was very good but treatments cannot be charged to the room so be prepared.
On the whole good for rest and relaxation but I think the 4-star rating is questionable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the island Boavista in the Cape Verde Islands. 2-Storey main building and 3-storey annexes. Situated on the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach. 7 Km to Sal Rei. 1,5 Km from the airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clubhotel Riu Karamboa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Hotel Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Cape Verde/Boa Vista