Well after reading the reviews before we went we were unsure of what to expect. All we wanted was 2weeks in the sun to relax, forget about work, eat nice food and drink, And thats what we got.
Considering the whole plane is going to the same hotel the airport staff were so efficient we were all at our hotel in no time. The check in at the hotel also took no time and we were soon off to our room.
The room was exactly what we'd asked for:Second floor, quiet location, over looking the beach. Perfect for the time you acually spend in your room. The room was cleaned everyday to an excellent standard.
As for the size of the hotel. Why on earth do people moan about the size of the hotel???
Surely those people who have concerns(or like to moan)about large hotels would have read the description in the brochure stating the number of rooms, restaurants, bars etc. just makes me laugh. It was fab having such a large hotel. You rarely seen the same people and you didn't feel overcrowded at all. It looks like a castle as your flying in to the airport (sit on left side of the plane).
The beach is beautiful. Beautiful sea. We did get knocked off our feet a few times by the waves so make sure your a strong swimmer if its choppy. Didn't stop us going in the sea though. People moaned about the pool being cold but when its top end of 80 degrees who wants to get into a warm pool??? Nice breeze (be careful so many people burnt as it was cloudy at times and breezy). Ladies I would recommend you take a long sleeve cardigan for the evenings as some nights the breeze got a little chilly and I don't usually feel the cold. Some evenings you may find you won't need one.
The food was excellent. Something different every night to cater for all. Asian restaurant was my favourite. Lovely food.
Karoke bar was brilliant.(Alan another guest 1-15th June made it by singing every night,everyone loved Alan)
The staff were excellent and worked very hard. Despite speaking little english for some the were always accomodating and friendly.
I would definately recommend this hotel if your looking for a holiday to relax.Its located on 7miles of beach so not a lot to do which is exactly wat we wanted.
We loved it. It has such a wide variety of ages there I would consider going back for my honeymoon and recommend to my grandparents. It suits everyone. If your reading this and your going now we're jealous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the island Boavista in the Cape Verde Islands. 2-Storey main building and 3-storey annexes. Situated on the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach. 7 Km to Sal Rei. 1,5 Km from the airport. Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clubhotel Riu Karamboa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Hotel Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Boa Vista
- Clubhotel Riu Karamboa Cape Verde/Boa Vista