This hotel is advertised as being 5 star which could not be further from the the truth. When you pay a 5 star price you expect to get a 5 star experience. Unfortunately, there is NO grandure at this hotel. Everything is very basic and would struggle to get a 3 star in the UK. Reception is all wooden with no comfort except for a few sofas which have seen better days. We stayed in a bungalow in the grounds so had no sea view but a small terrace with plastic furniture. The bedding was ripped, there was no mirror over the dressing table, no pictures on the wall, you had to pay for the minibar and the use of the safe in your room, there was no internet in the room, the light shades were made of a hessian material and looked really cheap. the maid wanted to clean the room at 8.00am in the morning, there was no other services available ie tea/coffee making, hairdryer, trouser press, iron etc. The only thing which did seem to work ok was the air conditioning unit. We returned to the room one day to find it had been left unlocked. The bathroom had mould on the walls and the grouting in the tiles was dirty. The food in the hotel is quite frankly dire and very basic. You expect from a 5 star well cooked/presented food. Most of it comes out of tins or jars. The fruit for breakfast is out of a tin in syrup, the cereals were stale, the bread not very fresh, the orange juice from concentrate which you had to water down as was virtually neat and the coffee was not pleasant. The dining room is frequented by cats on the terrace and birds flying around inside helping themselves to the crumbs. A salad in the restaurant is carrot with yogurt on the top, cucumber with yogurt on the top, there are some others but not much choice. Most guests didnt even touch the hot food, one look at it and it was not inviting at all and suggested would make you ill if eaten. Sunbeds around the pool are not sufficient for the number of guests. TIP: keep your towel from the previous day so you can use this to reserve your beds for the next day. Most people do this and most beds will be taken before the towel shack opens. You can always exchange your towels for fresh ones when the staff turn up. Beds down on the beach are not much better. The best part of the holiday was the beach and the sunshine. The sand goes on for miles and if you go for a walk you will not come across many people. Do not take any valuables with you as security is NOT their strong point. Security is not listed as an issue until you read the literature in the books in reception. Do not go to the local town as there is nothing there and all the locals sit there begging. On the whole, give this hotel a miss. There Iberostar hotel they leave in your room shows all of their hotels around the world. When you compare the pictures to what you get here, some of their 3 and 4 star hotels provide better accommodation than this so called 5 star!!!! The grounds of the hotel are well maintained which is one of the few pluses. If you enjoy kite surfing, the wind is strong and the waves big so ideal for this sport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Club Boa Vista hotel is an All Inclusive 5-star resort in Cape Verde located along the beautiful beach of Chaves. Set against a backdrop of unparalleled beauty, this hotel for couples and families will surprise the guest with a range of leisure activities for all ages and gastronomy to please the most educated palates. Holidays in Cape Verde at the IBEROSTAR Club Boa Vista hotel allow you to discover a place as exotic as it is surprising. Chaves beach, a unique enclave.The top IBEROSTAR Club Boa Vista hotel is located right on the beautiful Chaves beach in a landscape of spectacular charm. It’s the perfect choice for visitors to enjoy a relaxing holiday in Cape Verde surrounded by spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean. Wide range of all-inclusive gastronomy. Restaurants and bars in the IBEROSTAR Club Boa Vista hotel will overwhelm the guest with a delicious range of local and international dishes and an extensive menu of drinks and delicious cocktails. The sounds of Cape Verde, live for you. Three evenings a week, the IBEROSTAR Club Boa Vista puts on a unique live music show. Get seduced by the most genuine sounds of Cape Verde, right from the keyboard of our pianist, in our poolside bar. Family vacations in Cape Verde. The IBEROSTAR Club Boa Vista hotel is a family resort whose range of entertainment and facilities are specially geared for children, with a children’s swimming pool, mini-disco, Mini-Club, etc. The hotel also has a kitesurfing school (charge applies). Fun at this 5-star Cape Verde hotel is always assured. Premium Wi-Fi. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection – 3.5Mb in up to six devices – to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Expedia, Hotel.de and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your IBEROSTAR Club Boa Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Club Boa Vista Hotel Boa Vista
- IBEROSTAR Club Boa Vista Cape Verde