We had a fab time at the Decameron after reading reviews before we left we still went with an open mind...the flight is as expected just under six hours and no frills..Airport is cozy and slow..Bus trip from airport was about 10 mins and the first view of the sea is lovely..Check in was fine and suitcases where taken to our room which was 838 just a short up hill walk from reception, main bar and restaurant..Our room was huge (2 rooms both with balconies) a kitchenette with fridge, sink and suitable bath with shower.
The grounds are well thought out with most rooms having a sea view as it is like a tier situation..Views from main bar are glorious across the sea to Sal Rei and the Rui..
Main Pool loungers were taken quite early, mostly by 7am..I think the quiet pool was about the same time..But plenty available at the beach and quiet area of the beach..
The main restaurant food was varied though out our 11 nights..
Huge choice for breakfast..Lunch also had plenty of choice and evening meals although mostly chicken, tuna and vegetarian food was still varied..Seafood section was really nice..And all the restaurant staff were genuine and helpful..The beach bar was nice but limited choice during the day..we didn't eat there in the evening because we had to book..
Service in the main bar was a little slow due to lots of coffee making..
The daily show is worth watching once but French is the first language (of which we had no problem with)
Reception staff were always helpful..
The hotel staff were constantly cleaning and in return it was spotless, clean towels, sheets, grounds etc..The cats seemed to be doing there job well as we seen little sign of unwanted guests..
I recommend a visit to Sal Rei for a change of scenery, locals are friendly but do understand the word no..10 Euro Taxi fare both ways..
All in all I would say do your research, it is windy in Cape Verde and travel with an open mind...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Horizons Boa Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Boa Vista Hotel Boa Vista
- Ventaclub Hotel Boa Vista
- Ventaclub Resort Boa Vista
- Royal Horizons Boa Vista Cape Verde