All I can say is ignore the negative reviews!
The hotel is great, people say the staff can't speak English, they can and are happy to help with any query or problem you might have. A light didn't work in our room, it was fixed within 30mins. The rooms are cleaned thoroughly every day, even though we didn't put our towels on the floor, the cleaner still replaced them daily.
The food is very nice, only issue was that sometimes it could have been a bit hotter but there is a microwave if you want to zap it. The Morna a la carte restaurant was great so we ate there twice, the other we felt was no different to eating in the main buffet restaurant. Also when you go to the a la cartes you do get a glass of wine when you arrive but they do give you a menu to charge if you want the bottle, we just had the glass but it was still topped up at no cost.
People have commented about having to pay 2 euros for bottled water at an all inclusive, this money is donated to local charity so well worth giving something back. However if you don't want to pay that, there is filtered water on tap at all the bars/restaurants.
There are two animation teams; Red is the French one which is aimed at the French guests but you can join in on any of the activities they do though admittedly their English is limited as they are a new team, and blue is the hotel team who speak good English and are always fun to chat to and dance with in the evenings. The blue team's evening shows are stunning, great coreography and amazing costumes.
Currently the evenings are a bit chill so a cardi or light jacket is worth taking just to put over your shoulders.
Whilst we were there, three pilot whales did get stranded in the shallow water (about the size of a dolphin, not killer whales as per another review, though that did make me laugh!)
I'm already thinking about when I can go back!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Horizons Boa Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Boa Vista Hotel Boa Vista
- Ventaclub Hotel Boa Vista
- Ventaclub Resort Boa Vista
- Royal Horizons Boa Vista Cape Verde